Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Lions DT Suh accused of sideswiping car, berating driver
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eagles101

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NateDawg wrote:
This isn't any less news than a domestic violence arrest. Hit-skip and DV are both first degree misdemeanor offenses. I didn't hear any criticism of posting a story when Chad Johnson did his best Stone Cold imitation on his now ex-wife. Suh has anger issues. I get the feeling that it's only a matter of time before something really bad happens with him off the field.

thats what i dont get, how is this a non story? a hit in run is a pretty big deal. its not just getting in an accident and then yelling at someone....its a hit and run.

props to deadpulse
steelcurtain29

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

His actions just might get him suspended. There are players with off-field actions that have been suspended before even proven guilty (I.E. Big Ben) so who says this won't put Goodell over the edge and suspend Suh?
LikesHAM

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

steelcurtain29 wrote:
His actions just might get him suspended. There are players with off-field actions that have been suspended before even proven guilty (I.E. Big Ben) so who says this won't put Goodell over the edge and suspend Suh?

So you think a man claiming Suh Sideswiped him is the same order of magnitude of misconduct as a girl claiming she was sexually assaulted by Ben Roethlisberger?
eagles101

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LikesHAM wrote:
steelcurtain29 wrote:

So you think a man claiming Suh Sideswiped him is the same order of magnitude of misconduct as a girl claiming she was sexually assaulted by Ben Roethlisberger?

i think so. both are innocent until proven guilty....so why just because one is a worse crime does a accusation mean suspension but the other doesnt. if someone accused suh of murdering there baby does he get a suspension before being proven guilty?

props to deadpulse
nagahide13

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eagles101 wrote:
LikesHAM wrote:
steelcurtain29 wrote:

i think so. both are innocent until proven guilty....so why just because one is a worse crime does a accusation mean suspension but the other doesnt. if someone accused suh of murdering there baby does he get a suspension before being proven guilty?

The NFL conducted it's own investigation of Roth's incident(s). Obviously they thought there was more guilt there than the justice system could prove. If Suh is convicted of a hit and run by the courts he won't even be suspended. If Roth was convicted of his crime, he'd be out of the league for life. Since he'd be in jail for a long time and all. The two are not at all comparable... especially not using the logic that "Since neither has been convicted, they're both the same."
LikesHAM

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eagles101 wrote:
LikesHAM wrote:
steelcurtain29 wrote:

Yes.......Because that is a heinous crime and the mere accusation of it warrants the league to suspend that player to protect its image.

Does employing a guy who sideswiped a car really tarnish the image of the NFL at all? How about a man who murders babies or commits sexual assault?

Really?

I love this website, I really do. The worst thing Suh has done is stomp on the arm of a backup OL on the Green Bay Packers and yet is treated like he has multiple manslaughter charges pending against him. Heck we're even inventing scenarios where he murders babies now! This reminds me of the South Park episode with Britney Spears and her public image. It was built up just to be torn down by an angry public and I think this is almost exactly the same. Everyone knew Suh was aggressive and violent for a DT (Which he has to be) but ever since thanksgiving last year, people are just salivating for any news to confirm their media fueled notions of him being too violent/dirty and as someone who shouldn't receive praise for how violent he plays the game.
spilltray

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LikesHAM wrote:
eagles101 wrote:
LikesHAM wrote:
steelcurtain29 wrote:

Yes.......Because that is a heinous crime and the mere accusation of it warrants the league to suspend that player to protect its image.

Does employing a guy who sideswiped a car really tarnish the image of the NFL at all? How about a man who murders babies or commits sexual assault?

Really?

I love this website, I really do. The worst thing Suh has done is stomp on the arm of a backup OL on the Green Bay Packers and yet is treated like he has multiple manslaughter charges pending against him. Heck we're even inventing scenarios where he murders babies now! This reminds me of the South Park episode with Britney Spears and her public image. It was built up just to be torn down by an angry public and I think this is almost exactly the same. Everyone knew Suh was aggressive and violent for a DT (Which he has to be) but ever since thanksgiving last year, people are just salivating for any news to confirm their media fueled notions of him being too violent/dirty and as someone who shouldn't receive praise for how violent he plays the game.

This is the 2nd of this sort of traffic accident. If true and he did "berate" the driver of the other car, this could very well fall under the whole "tarnish the shield" thing. To a point, perception can be reality and the NFL doesn't want to have the image that things like this can give them.

I don't think it would be anything major, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a 1-2 game suspension.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Shorty McFast

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
who cares?

And you clicked this thread why?
You're a one trick pony.
eagles101

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LikesHAM wrote:
eagles101 wrote:
LikesHAM wrote:
steelcurtain29 wrote:

Really?

i dont know if i should keep argueing with you. i mean you instantly got defense about how people are attacking suh because hes suh...when i didnt make any mention to his person at all.

but let me try even though i feel that your to defensive for a reasonable argument. Suh got in trouble for something similar to this last year. now this. which no matter what people say a hit and run is a pretty big deal legally. so if he gets proven guilty it is very likely that he gets suspended.

now to the fact of guilty if proven accused. the seriousness of the crime doesnt matter. if it did then you could pay a person to accuse a large group of a team of rape or something of that nature so that they get suspended. so even suspending someone for being accused of something is a bad idea. but if you are going to do that, each accusation should be punished. just because one is worse doesnt make it any more true. why should a player be suspended for being ACCUSED of something thats bad? how is that worse then being accused of something minor.

props to deadpulse
eagles101

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nagahide13 wrote:
eagles101 wrote:
LikesHAM wrote:
steelcurtain29 wrote:

The NFL conducted it's own investigation of Roth's incident(s). Obviously they thought there was more guilt there than the justice system could prove. If Suh is convicted of a hit and run by the courts he won't even be suspended. If Roth was convicted of his crime, he'd be out of the league for life. Since he'd be in jail for a long time and all. The two are not at all comparable... especially not using the logic that "Since neither has been convicted, they're both the same."

didnt they suspend him before the court case? i could be wrong. but if they suspended him before the court case....wouldnt they have very little evidence?

props to deadpulse
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Needs to control that anger.

"You will never walk again... but you will fly"
“You forget. My father had four sons.”
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm surprised. This is not something I saw him doing. Hopefully he can get his life and career back on track.

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
jofos

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't really blame the guy for his anger issues, it's gotta suck playing for Detroit. Laughing
gibbons

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jofos wrote:
Can't really blame the guy for his anger issues, it's gotta suck playing for Detroit. Laughing

and being in chrysler commercials
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He stills plays this weekend I'm guessing.

Wouldn't mind if he missed it TBH.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: