Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT: @ Houston Texans (Option to leave Finley in Texas)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 61, 62, 63  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Are we overreacting?
Yes
24%
 24%  [ 17 ]
No
42%
 42%  [ 30 ]
justo is an idiot
32%
 32%  [ 23 ]
Total Votes : 70

justo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was about to post a "hey guys he's in a dome this week" post before I remember about our last game Sad
CAS22

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
Atari-XXX wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
If I am game planning this offensively this is my plan:
- Hit JJ Watt. First play of the game I run a stretch play, get him moving and then cut him. Hit him high, hit him low, hit him early, hit him often. They talk about getting a QB or WR's off their spot, lets do that to JJ.
- Randall Cobb. Must touch the ball 15-20 times.
- Ball Out. Quick routes to get the ball out of Rodgers hand. Nothing kills a drive like a sack, get the ball out and let the playmakers pile upthe RAC.
- Work the Middle. Hopefully Finley plays but whoever is at TE has to dominate with no Cushing in the middle.
- Multi-RB Gun. Get both Green and Starks in the backfield, maybe sneak in a throw back, a little read option, some routes out of the backfield. Lots of ways to get both of them going.

Finley could be a game-time decision and D.J.Williams didn't practice today because of a hamstring injury.
Welp, guess we got no TE then. Doubt Crabtree or Taylor will scare them at all. If Finley & Williams doesn't play they wont miss Cushing 1 bit.

Cushing being out has no effect on TE play. Our ILB's typically only cover RBs, Quin and Manning cover TEs.

I expect y'all to win this week, Rodgers is due for a big game and there is no better place for that to happen then in primetime. Best of luck and hopefully no injuries!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoPackGo wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
GoPackGo wrote:
What am I missing? Why are we so down on Alex Green? I'm excited to give him a shot. I'd love a 2007 Ryan Grant v2 as much as the next guy, but we have to roll with what we got. It can always be worse.
Uhh, the dude can only see lanes that you could drive a Semi through. He missed an obvious cut back vs the Colts that could have gone for 3-5 instead he got tackled for like a 2 yard loss. That is the stuff that ticks me off. He is excellent when he gets to the second level but that is hard to do when you can see. I'd rather have Starks get his shot.

So he's crap because of ONE play in his VERY FIRST game in the NFL that wasn't in the preseason? Oh, okay. Let's see how he does after a week of practice with the ones and get him some experience before we decide anything on him.

As for the rest, I'm expecting a 2010 ATL playoffs Rodgers performance. Will it be good enough to win? I hope so, but I'd be shocked if he laid an egg in this game.
For real? Go back and watch his film from Hawaii. Watch every preseason snap that he has had in Green Bay. It's not 1 play, that is 1 example. There are some flaws in players games that can be fixed but vision is something a back is born and dies with or without. I don't hate Alex or think he is crap, I hope he has a monster game this week and goes on to be a hall of famer but I am just calling it as I see it. Hard to have success in ZBS with little vision is real hard.

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please take it easy on us......

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
Please take it easy on us......
Things NO fans said before we underwhelmed the hell out of them
Macc_Aviv

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
GoPackGo wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
GoPackGo wrote:
What am I missing? Why are we so down on Alex Green? I'm excited to give him a shot. I'd love a 2007 Ryan Grant v2 as much as the next guy, but we have to roll with what we got. It can always be worse.
Uhh, the dude can only see lanes that you could drive a Semi through. He missed an obvious cut back vs the Colts that could have gone for 3-5 instead he got tackled for like a 2 yard loss. That is the stuff that ticks me off. He is excellent when he gets to the second level but that is hard to do when you can see. I'd rather have Starks get his shot.

So he's crap because of ONE play in his VERY FIRST game in the NFL that wasn't in the preseason? Oh, okay. Let's see how he does after a week of practice with the ones and get him some experience before we decide anything on him.

As for the rest, I'm expecting a 2010 ATL playoffs Rodgers performance. Will it be good enough to win? I hope so, but I'd be shocked if he laid an egg in this game.
For real? Go back and watch his film from Hawaii. Watch every preseason snap that he has had in Green Bay. It's not 1 play, that is 1 example. There are some flaws in players games that can be fixed but vision is something a back is born and dies with or without. I don't hate Alex or think he is crap, I hope he has a monster game this week and goes on to be a hall of famer but I am just calling it as I see it. Hard to have success in ZBS with little vision is real hard.

You do a lot of film study on Green at Hawaii, or did you just watch a few youtube videos?
justo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

inb4thisguygetsgrilled

palmy50

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't wait to watch Watt and Lang get after it. Watt is the best of the best at position. But that's a mold Lang has held up well against over the years. They will move Watt around and he'll get his. But it will often be those two bumping heads come Sunday night.

Call me crazy. But as a Packers fan I'm anything but scared of that matchup. Now, when they move Watt inside on passing downs like they often do. Well, lets just say that's a different story. Saturday sure knows how to hold ya though.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
Can't wait to watch Watt and Lang get after it. Watt is the best of the best at position. But that's a mold Lang has held up well against over the years. They will move Watt around and he'll get his. But it will often be those two bumping heads come Sunday night.

Call me crazy. But as a Packers fan I'm anything but scared of that matchup. Now, when they move Watt inside on passing downs like they often do. Well, lets just say that's a different story. Saturday sure knows how to hold ya though.

I agree. I feel Watt is very much in the Justin Smith mold. I remember a lot of commentators thought Justin Smith would destroy our OL but I just really didn't see it. This OL struggles with the speed rushers. Watt will make his presence felt but I don't forsee a monster game for him.
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Macc_Aviv wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
GoPackGo wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
GoPackGo wrote:

You do a lot of film study on Green at Hawaii, or did you just watch a few youtube videos?
Watched a few of his games at Hawaii and I have watched every snap of his as a Packer, most of them 2 or 3 times.

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:

Average at best
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

strat1080 wrote:
palmy50 wrote:

I agree. I feel Watt is very much in the Justin Smith mold. I remember a lot of commentators thought Justin Smith would destroy our OL but I just really didn't see it. This OL struggles with the speed rushers. Watt will make his presence felt but I don't forsee a monster game for him.

This is what somewhat scares me about their outside guys. I don't want to see Whitney Mercilus against our edge guys. If we cant keep a ballance of run and pass they will throw Mercilus out there and tell him to pin his ears back and get Rodgers.

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:

Average at best
justo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvPOCXwY3O0
dude's videos are pretty iffy but the play breakdowns are always good from an X and O standpoint
JCamGOPACKGO

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jennings is officially out. I'm probably late on this one but I just read it.

Shout out to justo on the avatar!
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

strat1080 wrote:
palmy50 wrote:

You can't forget Antonio Smith at the other DE along with Barwin who's due for a breakout game and Reed at the other OLB position.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:

You can't forget Antonio Smith at the other DE along with Barwin who's due for a breakout game and Reed at the other OLB position.

you know who else is due for a breakout game? 3/4ths of the packers roster... just sayin lol

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 61, 62, 63  Next
Page 19 of 63

Jump to: