Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FF's Top 25 Poll Week 6 (RANKINGS ARE UP)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Plush

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bkobow05 wrote:
Don't agree with Oregon State being ahead of Ohio State or LSU but it is what it is.

Doesn't matter, they're going to lose soon IMO. Hopefully the backup can settle in nicely for them at QB
beavsandpatsfan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plush wrote:
bkobow05 wrote:
Don't agree with Oregon State being ahead of Ohio State or LSU but it is what it is.

Doesn't matter, they're going to lose soon IMO. Hopefully the backup can settle in nicely for them at QB

exactly why thats IYO
Rearviewmirror

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why does West Virginia get way more respect for beating Texas than K-State get for beating OU considering that WVU still hasn't shown a lick of defense?

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
Supersuavesky

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rearviewmirror wrote:
Why does West Virginia get way more respect for beating Texas than K-State get for beating OU considering that WVU still hasn't shown a lick of defense?
Because...

Geno Smith > Colin Klein

Deal With It

RIP Robin Williams
Rearviewmirror

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1King wrote:
justo wrote:
I don't want to sound like a hater but I'm not buying into West Virginia. Kansas State>Oklahoma>

OU better than WVU?

Laughing

Based on what?

I would not say OU is better than WVU at all, but I think @OU is a better win than @Texas. Is Baylor scoring 63, Texas scoring 45 (ish?) and Having a tough time with Maryland not counted against WVU somewhat? It's not a huge deal, I just feel it is a good discussion. K-State obliterated Miami who while not that good IS a major program who has only lost to KSU and ND. Also K-State has at least shown that they can play some defense

les paul wrote:
Their opponent-
Rearviewmirror

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Supersuavesky wrote:
Rearviewmirror wrote:
Because...

Geno Smith > Colin Klein

Deal With It

solid response! Seriously, I want to know a real reason. Is there one other than pre-season hype? Is Texas a better win than OU?

les paul wrote:
Their opponent-
bkobow05

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rearviewmirror wrote:
Is Texas a better win than OU?
At this point, yes it is. Oklahoma hasn't looked all that great while Texas has been damn good. I don't think it's even debatable whether or not a win @ Texas is more impressive than a win @ Oklahoma, at this point.

However, we will definitely find out on Saturday. Laughing

EDIT: FWIW, I have WVU at #3 and K-State at #5 in my poll, so it's not too much of a difference between the two, in my eyes.

#JDI
Rearviewmirror

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bkobow05 wrote:
Rearviewmirror wrote:
At this point, yes it is. Oklahoma hasn't looked all that great while Texas has been damn good. I don't think it's even debatable whether or not a win @ Texas is more impressive than a win @ Oklahoma, at this point.

EDIT: FWIW, I have WVU at #3 and K-State at #5 in my poll, so it's not too much of a difference between the two, in my eyes.

I wouldn't have them ranked more than a spot apart either, but I'd have USC #3 KSU#4 and WVU#5

Maybe I'm just biased, but I thought K-State looked way more impressive against OU than WVU did against Texas. K-State looked great on D and really only did what they had to on offense to get the job done. I feel if the game had gone differently (read: less TOs by OU) that K-State would have cranked up the offense and still won with (relative) ease.

les paul wrote:
Their opponent-
TheGoldenChild

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rearviewmirror wrote:
I would not say OU is better than WVU at all, but I think @OU is a better win than @Texas. Is Baylor scoring 63, Texas scoring 45 (ish?) and Having a tough time with Maryland not counted against WVU somewhat? It's not a huge deal, I just feel it is a good discussion. K-State obliterated Miami who while not that good IS a major program who has only lost to KSU and ND. Also K-State has at least shown that they can play some defense

Miami's defense is absolutely terrible. A win over them is not at all impressive, IMO, which is why I still have my doubts that Notre Dame could hold their own in a BCS game.

I think both WVU and KSU will drop a game or two, WVU because of their awful defense and KSU because...just because.
muncy54

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rearviewmirror wrote:
bkobow05 wrote:
Rearviewmirror wrote:

I wouldn't have them ranked more than a spot apart either, but I'd have USC #3 KSU#4 and WVU#5

Maybe I'm just biased, but I thought K-State looked way more impressive against OU than WVU did against Texas. K-State looked great on D and really only did what they had to on offense to get the job done. I feel if the game had gone differently (read: less TOs by OU) that K-State would have cranked up the offense and still won with (relative) ease.

Sooners are way overrated alot of the turnovers they had were just terrible in that KSU game...i suspect Texas to beat OU and going on the road to beat Texas is a better win...
dawgsfan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UGA was ranked 5 and lost to number 6 decisively. dropped to 17

WVU was ranked 5 and lost to an unranked DECISIVELY...be interesting to see you fellas drop WVU further than 17 Wink
cp0k2

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dawgsfan wrote:
UGA was ranked 5 and lost to number 6 decisively. dropped to 17

WVU was ranked 5 and lost to an unranked DECISIVELY...be interesting to see you fellas drop WVU further than 17 Wink

We'll see, it depends who else wins and who else loses above and below them how far they fall.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: