Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Brady Vs Eli Manning
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which qb would you want for a big game?
Brady
61%
 61%  [ 78 ]
Manning
38%
 38%  [ 49 ]
Total Votes : 127

AmerigoCorleone

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dahobofest wrote:
All Giants fans can ever harp on is "clutchness," which is a made up phenomena.

Actually "clutchness" is not a made up phenomena. Everyone experiences it at different points in their life and there have been cases of people doing seemingly impossible acts because of it.
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just heard some interesting stats on Numbers Never Lie dealing with half this topic.

Since 2009

Arrow Patriots lost 7 games when leading in the final 5 minutes of regulation(tied for 3rd most in the NFL)

Arrow Tom Brady has a 15 QBR(I think this is the BS ESPN version) with a one possesion lead in the final 5 minutes of regulation(5th worst in the NFL)

Arrow Tom Brady has a 46.2% completion percentage in these situations(10 points below league average)

Really glad they showed these numbers. It seemed like he's had a lot of late game failures in recent years but I was too lazy to look these up myself.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
1/10. Not a fan[of C.J. Mosley]. Just another future failed Alabama product.
tonyto3690

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
I just heard some interesting stats on Numbers Never Lie dealing with half this topic.

Since 2009

Arrow Patriots lost 7 games when leading in the final 5 minutes of regulation(tied for 3rd most in the NFL)

Arrow Tom Brady has a 15 QBR(I think this is the BS ESPN version) with a one possesion lead in the final 5 minutes of regulation(5th worst in the NFL)

Arrow Tom Brady has a 46.2% completion percentage in these situations(10 points below league average)

Really glad they showed these numbers. It seemed like he's had a lot of late game failures in recent years but I was too lazy to look these up myself.

If you watched a Patriots game in the past 3 years you'd realize it's for one of a few things.

-The Patriots can't close out a game by running the ball. The entire offense, including the rushing game, has been predicated on getting teams in the nickel base to run on. Well in obvious run situations, we can't run on a base set.

-Obvious play calling. Especially this year, we dominate all game by putting the ball in Bradys hands to win, we play aggressive and can not be stopped. Then 5 minutes are left in the game and we run into a wall of obvious playcalling and end up in 3rd and 8 or worse almost every drive. It boggles the mind how consistently it happens.

I remember one game posters were complaining about play calling as "run, run, pass". Another poster remarked it was closer to "run, run, and ask Brady to pull off a miracle". That was admittedly earlier in the game and Brady repeatedly kept pulling off the miracle at that point, but with Hernandez injured, Gronk injured, and Welker banged up, it's been all on Brady this season. 2011 was all on Brady in the sense we were easy to defend. 2010 was all on Brady in the sense we were incredibly young/reliant on old man Branch/reliant on injured Welker. 2009 we were just a bad football team.

Drew Brees IS the most accurate qb ever

Brees that night:
28/50, 341 yards, 0 TD, 5 INT.
Tom Shean

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AmerigoCorleone wrote:
dahobofest wrote:
All Giants fans can ever harp on is "clutchness," which is a made up phenomena.

Actually "clutchness" is not a made up phenomena. Everyone experiences it at different points in their life and there have been cases of people doing seemingly impossible acts because of it.

You're thinking of "adrenaline"
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tonyto3690 wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:

Since 2009

If you watched a Patriots game in the past 3 years you'd realize it's for one of a few things.

-The Patriots can't close out a game by running the ball. The entire offense, including the rushing game, has been predicated on getting teams in the nickel base to run on. Well in obvious run situations, we can't run on a base set.

-Obvious play calling. Especially this year, we dominate all game by putting the ball in Bradys hands to win, we play aggressive and can not be stopped. Then 5 minutes are left in the game and we run into a wall of obvious playcalling and end up in 3rd and 8 or worse almost every drive. It boggles the mind how consistently it happens.

I remember one game posters were complaining about play calling as "run, run, pass". Another poster remarked it was closer to "run, run, and ask Brady to pull off a miracle".
That was admittedly earlier in the game and Brady repeatedly kept pulling off the miracle at that point, but with Hernandez injured, Gronk injured, and Welker banged up, it's been all on Brady this season. 2011 was all on Brady in the sense we were easy to defend. 2010 was all on Brady in the sense we were incredibly young/reliant on old man Branch/reliant on injured Welker. 2009 we were just a bad football team.

As victims of the dark rule of Josh McDaniels a few years ago, Denver fans know what you are talking about. McD has a tendency to not only dink and dunk but also become predictable with it. Although, here in Denver said late game slump you talk about was evident right fron the beginning of the game, since we didn't have the likes of Brady, Welker, Gronk and Hernandez to cover it up most of the time.

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
Page 13 of 13

Jump to: