Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Gameday Thread Week 6: DEN (2-3) @ SD (3-2)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 44, 45, 46  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
ToastedOats


Joined: 24 Feb 2006
Posts: 2990
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
ToastedOats wrote:


BP,

Let's review the games.
Pitt - Denver looked good, not great and beat a team missing starters. Pittsburgh held the ball the entire third quarter and Denver still won by 10+ points.
Atl - Denver had threw turnovers in the first four series which lead to the difference in the game. Atl did not throw all over the field, it was field position that killed Denver.
Houston - Tracy Porter was exposed in coverage and in tackling and Denver still had a chance to win the game. Thomas begins to fumble. If he does not turn the ball over inside the 20 maybe Denver wins.
Oak - Denver's most complete game.
N.E. - There are five plays that killed Denver. #1 - Thomas fumbles inside the 20. #2 - Denver allows a third and 14 run of 16 yards which keeps a drive alive and N.E. scores. #3 - Denver allows a run of 19 yards on third and 17, which keeps a drive alive and N.E. scores. #4 - McGahee drops a pass which would have resulted in a first down and maybe Denver scores. #5 - McGahee fumbles inside the 20 ending any chance of a comeback.

So your argument is full of holes. Denver is beating itself with turnovers and unsound play at the most inopportune times in games. I still think Denver goes 10-6 as there will be more games in which they do not execute as well as they should. I think 10-6 wins the AFC West and Denver goes to the AFC Championship game and beats the Texans to advance to the Super Bowl.


There is so much wrong with this post:

ATL - 27-7 going into the 4th.

HOU - 31 - 11 going into the 4th.

NE - 31- 14 going into the 4th.

You can make excuses all you want to justify it. The Broncos were easily overwhelmed in all these games. Them putting garbage points up in the 4th when the game was out of hand might make it look closer, but anyone who watched saw the Broncos get worked.

Also, with you logic you can easily spin it. Example, NE game they don't go for a nonsense 4th down and Ridley doesn't fumble it's a bigger blowout. But this isn't a game of ifs and buts. Because you can point to instances with the opposing team in which they don't make a mistake here or there they blow the doors off the Broncos further. End of the day, for the majority of these games the opposing teams stifled the Broncos offense, forced them into mistakes and had their way against their defense exposing their holes.


Did you watch any of the games? If you did you would see how your logic makes no sense. Denver gave up 13 points off terrible turnovers in the first 8 minutes of the game in Atl. Take those points off what is the score going into the 4th 14 -7 my friend of the dark side.
Ditto for Texan game as Porter did not show up to play or tackle.
As for the N.E. Game - 31 - 14 after two failed attempts to get off the field on 3rd and long and a fumble by D.T. inside the 20. If DT holds onto the ball the score would have been (let's just say N.E. punts on the two third and longs) 21 -21. Denver is killing itself. I never said we would have won the games but don't use logic like Denver made the game close in garbage time because that is simply not the case.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PackAtBroncos07


Joined: 26 Mar 2007
Posts: 3223
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PackAtBroncos07 wrote:
What are you guys thinking about Hillman? Think we'll put him to much use this game?


Reposting this since Palooka's TROLLING is taking up the entire freakin' Chargers Game Thread.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cutler06


Joined: 27 Aug 2006
Posts: 10150
Location: Westminster
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brassglobos wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
BroncoinGermany wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Cutler06 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

The Raiders are a mess. There is no way SD is on their level. The Raiders are a 2-3 year reclamation project right now.


Is THAT why you're over here so much, to see what fans of a REAL team talk about ??

And 2-3 years, did we hear that same thing ...about a DECADE AGO Laughing Laughing


First Denver is a pretender. They are not making the playoffs, just like the Raiders.

And no, I've been ready for a rebuild forever. Davis trading high draft picks over the years and reaching on projects left Oakland with a roster of talentless athletes. No great football payers. Time to gut it and build it through the draft. Not with the Seymour's of the world who offer 3 seasons at best.


You can make a case for that if we lose Monday night. Until then, I pretend like I didn't read your post.
Just ignore him, he stated Denver would win the AFC West before too.


Um no I didn't. I've said since day 1 Denver is a .500 team. I've said the AFC West goes through Denver as they are the favorite but never said they'd win it. In the end SD will go through Denver and take it. Regardless of Monday nights game.




+1000 Laughing Laughing Laughing

BP, you have more faces than the Batman character.....backpedal, backpedal....faster...faster..... Laughing
_________________


Jakuvious wrote:
KC's pass rush is fast. Manning's decision making is faster.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cutler06


Joined: 27 Aug 2006
Posts: 10150
Location: Westminster
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="PackAtBroncos07"]
PackAtBroncos07 wrote:
What are you guys thinking about Hillman? Think we'll put him to much use this game?


Reposting this since Palooka's TROLLING is taking up the entire freakin' Chargers Game Thread.[/quote

SD's front 7 is gelling pretty good, they're 5th overall vs. the rush so Hillmans pass catching will be what makes him effective this week
_________________


Jakuvious wrote:
KC's pass rush is fast. Manning's decision making is faster.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AKRNA


Joined: 28 May 2008
Posts: 5111
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PackAtBroncos07 wrote:
PackAtBroncos07 wrote:
What are you guys thinking about Hillman? Think we'll put him to much use this game?


Reposting this since Palooka's TROLLING is taking up the entire freakin' Chargers Game Thread.


Haven't they been increasing his snaps almost weekly? I think they have.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bobdevine


Joined: 24 Jan 2008
Posts: 2211
Location: Wisconsin
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the latest news on Clady? He missed some practice this week due to an injured hamstring. Will he start on Monday night?

In good news, Chris Kuper looks like he will play, although he might not start.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BroncoinGermany


Joined: 09 Mar 2012
Posts: 2443
Location: Bad Nauheim
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobdevine wrote:
What's the latest news on Clady? He missed some practice this week due to an injured hamstring. Will he start on Monday night?

In good news, Chris Kuper looks like he will play, although he might not start.


Fox said that all players who were held out or were limited during this week are probable for Monday.
_________________

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
big_palooka


Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 22250
Location: ATL
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ToastedOats wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
ToastedOats wrote:


BP,

Let's review the games.
Pitt - Denver looked good, not great and beat a team missing starters. Pittsburgh held the ball the entire third quarter and Denver still won by 10+ points.
Atl - Denver had threw turnovers in the first four series which lead to the difference in the game. Atl did not throw all over the field, it was field position that killed Denver.
Houston - Tracy Porter was exposed in coverage and in tackling and Denver still had a chance to win the game. Thomas begins to fumble. If he does not turn the ball over inside the 20 maybe Denver wins.
Oak - Denver's most complete game.
N.E. - There are five plays that killed Denver. #1 - Thomas fumbles inside the 20. #2 - Denver allows a third and 14 run of 16 yards which keeps a drive alive and N.E. scores. #3 - Denver allows a run of 19 yards on third and 17, which keeps a drive alive and N.E. scores. #4 - McGahee drops a pass which would have resulted in a first down and maybe Denver scores. #5 - McGahee fumbles inside the 20 ending any chance of a comeback.

So your argument is full of holes. Denver is beating itself with turnovers and unsound play at the most inopportune times in games. I still think Denver goes 10-6 as there will be more games in which they do not execute as well as they should. I think 10-6 wins the AFC West and Denver goes to the AFC Championship game and beats the Texans to advance to the Super Bowl.


There is so much wrong with this post:

ATL - 27-7 going into the 4th.

HOU - 31 - 11 going into the 4th.

NE - 31- 14 going into the 4th.

You can make excuses all you want to justify it. The Broncos were easily overwhelmed in all these games. Them putting garbage points up in the 4th when the game was out of hand might make it look closer, but anyone who watched saw the Broncos get worked.

Also, with you logic you can easily spin it. Example, NE game they don't go for a nonsense 4th down and Ridley doesn't fumble it's a bigger blowout. But this isn't a game of ifs and buts. Because you can point to instances with the opposing team in which they don't make a mistake here or there they blow the doors off the Broncos further. End of the day, for the majority of these games the opposing teams stifled the Broncos offense, forced them into mistakes and had their way against their defense exposing their holes.


Did you watch any of the games? If you did you would see how your logic makes no sense. Denver gave up 13 points off terrible turnovers in the first 8 minutes of the game in Atl. Take those points off what is the score going into the 4th 14 -7 my friend of the dark side.
Ditto for Texan game as Porter did not show up to play or tackle.
As for the N.E. Game - 31 - 14 after two failed attempts to get off the field on 3rd and long and a fumble by D.T. inside the 20. If DT holds onto the ball the score would have been (let's just say N.E. punts on the two third and longs) 21 -21. Denver is killing itself. I never said we would have won the games but don't use logic like Denver made the game close in garbage time because that is simply not the case.


So Denver's defense isn't at fault for giving up points of turnovers? They let the falcons move the ball and score so it falls back on the team. Good teams overcome mistakes. Average teams get blown out for 45 minutes.

And as for Porter. He plays for his team. He sucked. The defense sucked and they took the beating. Logic? How about excuses. It's on the coaches to get him some help and adjust. Ala the old teams in this game.

Lots of ifs and buts is all I see. Excuses. They work or both teams. You want to talk logic....... then stop making excuses and show me what they did well to stop the bleeding. Logically speaking, they were overmatched from start to finish despite some garbage time production.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
big_palooka


Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 22250
Location: ATL
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PackAtBroncos07 wrote:
PackAtBroncos07 wrote:
What are you guys thinking about Hillman? Think we'll put him to much use this game?


Reposting this since Palooka's TROLLING is taking up the entire freakin' Chargers Game Thread.


Trolling = not toeing the company line around here apparently.

If you want to pretend the Broncos were contending in any meaningful minutes in the games mentioned, be my guest.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AKRNA


Joined: 28 May 2008
Posts: 5111
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well this just sucks! ESPN Radio just announced that they're pre-empting MNF for baseball. Beautiful, just f***ing beautiful!

Oh the joys of living in the Alaskan bush.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cutler06


Joined: 27 Aug 2006
Posts: 10150
Location: Westminster
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
PackAtBroncos07 wrote:
PackAtBroncos07 wrote:
What are you guys thinking about Hillman? Think we'll put him to much use this game?


Reposting this since Palooka's TROLLING is taking up the entire freakin' Chargers Game Thread.


Trolling = not toeing the company line around here apparently.

If you want to pretend the Broncos were contending in any meaningful minutes in the games mentioned, be my guest.


So the sig I placed at the bottom ISN'T anything YOU said ???

Please....... get your two-face outta here...
_________________


Jakuvious wrote:
KC's pass rush is fast. Manning's decision making is faster.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BBIB


Joined: 20 Jan 2008
Posts: 8771
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This really is a must-win game for you all

You more than likely don't make the post-season if you lose this game

And imagine if Peyton in 6 games gets as many losses as Tebow has all last season

But I actually think you guys will come through because it would be the Chargers thing to do to not come through in that game
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dbronx42


Joined: 19 Apr 2010
Posts: 3956
Location: Mile High 303
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We get it Palooka, we suck. Now go away.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
big_palooka


Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 22250
Location: ATL
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutler06 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
PackAtBroncos07 wrote:
PackAtBroncos07 wrote:
What are you guys thinking about Hillman? Think we'll put him to much use this game?


Reposting this since Palooka's TROLLING is taking up the entire freakin' Chargers Game Thread.


Trolling = not toeing the company line around here apparently.

If you want to pretend the Broncos were contending in any meaningful minutes in the games mentioned, be my guest.


So the sig I placed at the bottom ISN'T anything YOU said ???

Please....... get your two-face outta here...


Context my dear friend. I didn't buy Denver as the media darling week 1. They beat Pittsburgh and I said, the AFC West goes through Denver. They looked impressive in that game and I saw why the media was claiming them the favorites. Never once said they would win it, just that they will be the favorite.

Since then, they've proven average. That win against Pittsburgh in context seems pretty watered down given what they've done (or not done) this season.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
big_palooka


Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 22250
Location: ATL
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dbronx42 wrote:
We get it Palooka, we suck. Now go away.


Didn't say the Broncos suck, they don't. They are average. Couple holes left to fill and if they can do that while Manning is still able to be effective they can get some place.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 44, 45, 46  Next
Page 5 of 46

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group