Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Gameday Thread Week 6: DEN (2-3) @ SD (3-2)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 44, 45, 46  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
dbronx42 wrote:
We get it Palooka, we suck. Now go away.

Didn't say the Broncos suck, they don't. They are average. Couple holes left to fill and if they can do that while Manning is still able to be effective they can get some place.

Every single team has "holes". You will never have a team that doesnt have one.

What makes a good team successful is the ability of the coaching staff and the leaders on the team being able to overshadow the holes. Look at the Giants last year, no way were they a perfect team with no holes. They had issues at OL, TE, every LB position, S, CB, and P. What made them the team that they were in the playoffs was Eli Manning and Tom Coughlin/Perry Fewell. They were able to overcome a bunch of weaknesses to win the Super Bowl.

Now, do I think the Broncos can go on a run like the Giants did, maybe. Its going to come down the Peyton Manning playing better (which he should as he gets more comfortable with WRs/TEs/OL/OC) and the defense playing a lot better later in the season. Can the stars align for this team? Sure. Will it? Nobody knows. But dont even for a second think it cant happen for this team more than any other in the AFC West.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anybody have a web sight that the Den. Sandiego game can be watched on line.
bobdevine

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

San Diego's injury report list:

http://www.chargers.com/team/injury-report.html

The biggest loss will probably be their kicker, Nate Kaeding.
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gaither and possibly Floyd would hurt SD, too. Gaither for protection purposes and Floyd as the target Rivers seemingly relies most on.

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
Joe_is_the_best

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BRONCS wrote:
Does anybody have a web sight that the Den. Sandiego game can be watched on line.
If you have Comcast or TimeWarner and are subscribed to TV, you can watch it on watchespn.com.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2012/10/14/tracy-porter-sick-chargers/16224/

Tracy Porter will be out, did not make the flight due to illness.

^ Joe_is_the_best with the sig.
hibdib31

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iLikeDefense wrote:
http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2012/10/14/tracy-porter-sick-chargers/16224/

So does Tony Carter get the start on the outside to keep Chris Harris is the slot?
iLikeDefense

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hibdib31 wrote:
iLikeDefense wrote:

So does Tony Carter get the start on the outside to keep Chris Harris is the slot?

I'd imagine so, not sure they want to put Harris against Meachem rather than on Royal. But that all might depend on Floyd's status, which I think he'll play.

broncos67

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iLikeDefense wrote:
hibdib31 wrote:
iLikeDefense wrote:

I'd imagine so, not sure they want to put Harris against Meachem rather than on Royal. But that all might depend on Floyd's status, which I think he'll play.

Harris will start outside. They'll slide Carter or Omar into the slot. Better off that way, IMO.

Thanks, Tzimisce
broncospride95

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
iLikeDefense wrote:
hibdib31 wrote:
iLikeDefense wrote:

Harris will start outside. They'll slide Carter or Omar into the slot. Better off that way, IMO.

From what I've seen this season, I think Carter actually is much better when he's playing outside. Harris is better covering the slot too imo.

Props to Joe_is_the_best on the sig

Blackhawks-Broncos-Bulls-CU-Cubs
iLikeDefense

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncospride95 wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
iLikeDefense wrote:
hibdib31 wrote:
iLikeDefense wrote:

From what I've seen this season, I think Carter actually is much better when he's playing outside. Harris is better covering the slot too imo.

Exactly, IDK if you want Harris matched up on Meachem, who is used as a deep threat. Has Omar played a defensive snap yet? I don't want him in the slot.

JRebar913

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hibdib31 wrote:
iLikeDefense wrote:

oh god, carter is going to get burned all night. game is already lost if that scab is starting
Cruzp23

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i really hope bolden can get a run and make a few nice plays LEGO!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
iLikeDefense wrote:
hibdib31 wrote:
iLikeDefense wrote:

Carter is uncomfortable in the slot. When Harris was out the Falcons game, Tracy Porter played nickel in 3 CB packages, with Carter coming in and playing the outside.

Harris will probably do the same, play outside in 2 CB packages, and when Carter comes in to be the 3rd CB, Harris will bump inside to the slot.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
lomaxgr

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Papa-Pwn wrote:
Harris will probably do the same, play outside in 2 CB packages, and when Carter comes in to be the 3rd CB, Harris will bump inside to the slot.

This will happen. I think there are a lot worse CB's out there than Tony Carter. Granted, Porter probably has better ball skills but I like how 'sticky' and aggressive Carter is on the outside.

I think a bigger issues could be the loss of size on the outside vs Malcolm Floyd. I am sure Carter is at least two inches shorter than Porter and not as good of an athlete, so I expect the Chargers to target that.

MUFC OK

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 44, 45, 46  Next
Page 6 of 46

Jump to: