Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Liverpool Thread III: He Scores, He Saves, Hes Gerrard
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Canadian Saint

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From Tony Barrett, Borini has broken a bone in his foot. Italian FA have notified Liverpool.

Samed Yesil, come onnn down.

NFL: New Orleans Saints
NHL: Edmonton Oilers
MLB: Minnesota Twins/ Toronto Blue Jays
NBA: Phoenix Suns/Toronto Raptors
ukjets21

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhunt2402 wrote:
ukjets21 wrote:
dhunt2402 wrote:
Great article on Suarez. He's been both a phenomenal footballer and a world class prick for quite some time it seems.

http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsoccer/premierleague/story/liverpool-striker-luis-suarez-already-had-bad-boy-reputation-montevideo-groningen-ajax-101112

I think everyone's always known that, but the vilification in this country is ridiculous. Especially when you have stupid decisions like not banning someone for stamping on him.

Can you imagine the public outrage and further vilification if he bit someone while at Liverpool? If anything he's better now. I'm not disagreeing that he's treated poorly, but that article shows why he's a big part of that.

I'm not disputing that he's a world class prick and were he at another club I'd probably despise him, though I think I'd also have the sense to realise it's gone too far. Some people for instance still think Ronaldo is a terrible diver and will beat that horse which is just wrong. I just think it's a bit too much, he's an easy target and any possible shot is taken rightly or wrongly.

Adopt a Jet: Sheldon Richardson

Tackles - 77
Sacks - 3.5
Forced Fumbles - 1
4 Carries - 4 Yards - 2 TDs
Canadian Saint

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What the heck?

duncanjenkins.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/such-little-thing-makes-such-big.html?m=1

ThinkICare

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh... great.

Morocco beat Mozambique to qualify for the ACON.

Assaidi, we hardly knew thee. Sad
dotmotion

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never too early for transfer rumours. From Duncan Castles

Quote:
Liverpool inquire about France forward Loic Remy. #LFC #CFC
Liverpool have inquired about the availability of France international Loic Remy as they prepare to strengthen their forward line in the January window. Brendan Rodgers, who has won just one of his first seven matches as Anfield manager, has prioritised attacking reinforcements after the club elected to loan Andy Carroll to West Ham United in August without signing a replacement.

Remy, ironically, was on the point of joining Chelsea from Marseille on August's transfer deadline day only for the deal to fall through when Liverpool backed out of a move for Daniel Sturridge. Chelsea wanted to sell the occasional England international to Liverpool to fund Remy's purchase, but Rodgers was only prepared to commit to a season loan.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't Castles fairly reliable? As long as Remy doesn't cost over 15 mil, might be an okay deal. I've barely watched Remy play, but the perception I have of him is that he's decently strong forward with iffy finishing. Could be off on that though.

There's also that rumor spreading that Rodgers will be handed 40 mil in transfer funds on January. Laughing
Canadian Saint

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where do you guys get your rumors?

The Wyzzinator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThinkICare wrote:
Isn't Castles fairly reliable? As long as Remy doesn't cost over 15 mil, might be an okay deal. I've barely watched Remy play, but the perception I have of him is that he's decently strong forward with iffy finishing. Could be off on that though.

There's also that rumor spreading that Rodgers will be handed 40 mil in transfer funds on January. Laughing

I was high on Remy a few years ago, and from what I've watched of his European performances he seems to be pretty pacey and skilled for a 6-footer. I wouldn't expect him to play with his back to goal all that much but Rodgers probably isn't looking for someone like that as he let Carroll go.

One thing that strikes me about Remy is, for the past 3 seasons or so, he's been loosely linked to a PL move and it's never come about -- first it was Arsenal, then Spurs, and I wonder whether it's OM being stingy or perhaps the clubs had too many reservations about the player to pull the trigger on a deal. I think he could be had for under 10-million personally, and I wouldn't pay more for him.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Wyzzinator wrote:

I was high on Remy a few years ago, and from what I've watched of his European performances he seems to be pretty pacey and skilled for a 6-footer. I wouldn't expect him to play with his back to goal all that much but Rodgers probably isn't looking for someone like that as he let Carroll go.

One thing that strikes me about Remy is, for the past 3 seasons or so, he's been loosely linked to a PL move and it's never come about -- first it was Arsenal, then Spurs, and I wonder whether it's OM being stingy or perhaps the clubs had too many reservations about the player to pull the trigger on a deal. I think he could be had for under 10-million personally, and I wouldn't pay more for him.

Yeah, I think there's some strikers out there that probably have more potential that could be bought for the same amount about. Remy would definitely improve the squad. Still wished the deal for Sow would've gone through. Think he could've had as much of an impact as Remy could. How much I'd love to see Andre Ayew in a Liverpool jersey. Now, that's a player.
ThinkICare

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canadian Saint wrote:
Where do you guys get your rumors?

Well, the Duncan Castles rumor was in his article on The National website. Multiple people on twitter have regurgitated the 40 mil transfer kitty bit though. One of the most ridiculous rumors I've heard and that's saying something. Is John planning a Ocean's 12 heist or something? Laughing
ThinkICare

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to one of the Ed's at the Liverpool rumors site said Rodgers is definitely interested in Gary Hooper. Seems a decent finisher, but hard to judge since it's in the SPL.
dotmotion

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThinkICare wrote:
According to one of the Ed's at the Liverpool rumors site said Rodgers is definitely interested in Gary Hooper. Seems a decent finisher, but hard to judge since it's in the SPL.

That was on the Daily Fail a few days ago so I'll hope hope or despair depending on how you view the SPL. I remember when the Jelavic rumours came out I randomly threw Hoopers name out and a poster on this site said Hooper is a better finisher than Jelavic.

Heard he had a good CL game against Moscow which is a great sign considering how poor the SPL is. Generally from what I read, he has great off ball movement which is critical under Rodgers.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as Rodgers could get him for 6-7 mil, think it'd be a fine deal. Like you mentioning Jelavic. He showed an SPL striker can be decent in England. Nothing leads me to believe Hooper couldn't translate.
Canadian Saint

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know. Buying from the SPL makes me nervous. I know Jelavic had some decent success last year when he came here, but we really need this player to be a homerun. We lack fire power, and if we want to finish the season strong, we need to score goals.

I like the Remy rumor, not that into Hooper truth be told.

dotmotion

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I laughed at Jonjo Shelvey's wikipedia page
Quote:
Shelvey is known for his unusual goal celebration, which he claims to perform because his brother, along with the rest of his family, wears glasses.[35][36] He puts his hands over his face and makes a strange googly-goggle-type gesture. It is not yet known whether it will be widely copied by other players.
Laughing Laughing Laughing

Good article though on Jonjo from ESPN
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/blog/_/name/liverpool/id/195?cc=5901
Quote:
Liverpool must hope that Shelvey is not afraid of Gerrard's shadow. He's certainly not afraid of his own, a trait shaped from his time Arsenal and West Ham as a young boy before making his first team debut at Charlton as a 16-year-old. It's an education that has helped his style of play, too: his ability to find space without the ball is matched by his ability to keep his side on the front foot with it; his touch is also far more cultured than the average English midfielder.

That is how he has started life under Rodgers. Before his sending off against Manchester United, he had impressed as Lucas' replacement in the 2-2 draw with Manchester City, as well as putting in an intelligent performance against Sunderland at the Stadium of Light. He has inspired in the Europa League too, scoring two goals and changing the game against Young Boys Bern before grabbing another goal -- his third of the tournament -- at home to Udinese. But just as important as his ability on the ball is the character he possesses. In a squad with a reputation for mental fragility, Shelvey is a blooming violet, unnerved by setback and driven by correcting mistakes.

But it is under Rodgers that Shelvey has already found his niche in this Liverpool squad, performing well even in a side struggling for points at the start of the season. His versatility could have been a curse having played in a variety of positions in midfield but heís used it to good effect this season, playing as the most advanced of the midfield three. He is the archetype for Rodgers, much like Sigurdsson was at Swansea; his experience in a deeper role sees him willingly track back to fill gaps and press the opposition, without negating his attacking talent.

He is not the finished article, of course; the introduction has hardly been written. He does show wastefulness in front of goal at times but is not alone at Anfield with that. Shelvey also exhibits mental absenteeism at times, picking the wrong option with or without the ball, but thatís a by-product of youth.

Love this bald man

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Soccer All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 35 of 100

Jump to: