Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

On the Hot Seat with HT - update on Pg 17
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
htfryar

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joining me here on the Hot Seat this week is Rtnldave...

This seems like a stupid question, but what is your first name?

Rtnldave wrote:

David

Yeah, I kinda figured, but I had to ask. So, where do you live?

Quote:
South Philadelphia

Wow, being around all those Eagles' fans has gotta suck. How old are you and how long have you been a Cowboys fan?

Quote:
I'm 41 and have been a Cowboys fan since I was 5 years old.

Cool, you've been a Cowboys fan longer than a lot of the guys around here have been alive. What is your relationship/marital status?

Quote:
Currently fighting with girlfriend of 7 years, so.... Not sure

Ouch, that sucks man. Any kids?

Quote:
No

How about pets?

Quote:
None

No kids and no pets. Bet it's quite at your place, lol. What do you do for a living?

Quote:
I'm a Musician, Teacher, Perfromer, Arranger

Wow, a man of many hats. Other than fighting with the GF, watching the Cowboys and working, do you have any special interests or hobbies?

Quote:
Saltwater Fishing, love it! Cooking, Italian.

From the pic you gave me to post in here and the pic of the flounder you posted a while back, I kinda figured that you would say fishing. What is your drink of choice to go along with dinner?

Quote:
Miller Lite or Captain Morgan and Ginger Ale

I've never tried Captain and Gingerale, might have to look into that. Last question, who are your favorite players, both all-time and current?

Quote:
Current-Tony Romo, All-Time-Emitt Smith

That's an interesting contrast in players. Romo is an up and down player and Emmitt was the model of consistency. Thanks for participating in this thing. Guys, tune in next weekend for another edition of On the Hot Seat with HT.

Homer Simpson wrote:
Beer, the cause of, and solution to all of life’s problems.
Desperado82

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The real question is what does the rtnl stand for?

^^^mack
thesickness89

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow just read this all, some good reads in here

Judgement tiiiiiiiiiiiiiime
BigD88

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rtnl = Rational?
Good stuff.
I like this feature

KingofSTATS wrote:

Witten is just too slow and nonathletic to be a dominant force in the receiving game.
DaBoys

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
The real question is what does the rtnl stand for?

Laughing

I guess he is considered rtnl compared to most that live in Philly.

We actually have a lot in common. We would probably be good friends in real life. It's nice to see another performer in here, Dave. I honestly would have not guessed. I also love Salt water fishing. Unfortunately, the Gulf is probably nothing compared to what you get to do. Almost everyone's fav player of all time is Emmitt it seems. And you didn't have to say you were fighting with your girlfriend. You could have just said that you had a girlfriend. We would just assume you were fighting. If you're like me though, she is the one fighting, and you are defending.

Matts4313 wrote:
I agree with daboys, some of you might be insane.

The_Slamman wrote:
Daboys is right.

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
BTW, DaBoys wins this thread.
Ace5

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

more please.
TheStarStillShines

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave, what exactly is a "Preformer"? Just messing with you. What instrument do you play, are you part of a band, and what kind of music? I think that's really cool.

And what is an "arranger"? As in setting up gigs? Just curious.

I really enjoy reading these interviews, especially after a Cowboys loss. Would love to read interviews with Cicero, theGame, and Dahobofest. And I'm serious.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheStarStillShines wrote:
I really enjoy reading these interviews, especially after a Cowboys loss. Would love to read interviews with Cicero, theGame, and Dahobofest. And I'm serious.

Guys, if you want to be interviewed, or have a poster that you want to see interviewed, PM me. I have sent out a few interview requests for the upcoming editions. I have 1 ready to go for next weekend.

TSSS, Dahobofest was one of the 1st people I contacted. I thought his screen name might have a funny story behind it. He politely declined the invitation to participate.

Homer Simpson wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again for doing this. We sure do have some...characters...here. [/i]

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
htfryar

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Up next on The Hot Seat, we have...

What is your first name?

Dirk Gently wrote:
Jim

And how old are you?

Quote:
I'm 44.

What's your martial/relationship status?

Quote:
On my second Marriage. Much better this time around.

Yeah, my first 1 didn't go too well either. Do you have any kids?

Quote:
Too many. 5 of mine (all from 1st marriage) and two grown stepkids, one of whom has 2 kids himself, so I kind of married into being a grandpa.

Congratulations, so far you are the first grandpa on here. What do you do to support all those kids/grandkids?

Quote:
I teach high school Physics.
That's cool. One of my co-workers is a retired Physics teacher. Do you or your kids/grandkids have any pets?

Quote:
A shih tzu named Whiskey. We are currently caring for a pair of Shiba Inu's for my stepson, but I hope to be rid of them (they're annoying).

A shih tzu named Whiskey, really? I don't even know what to say, so let's just move on. Where do you live?

Quote:
Far South Arlington, near Mansfield. We just moved here from Red Oak to get closer to my job.

Do you have any hobbies/interests?

Quote:
I practice (and teach) Kung fu and play bass guitar and sing.

Wow, it seems that pretty much all of our members are either musically inclined or drinkers. Speaking of which, what is your drink of choice?

Quote:
Herradura Silver Margarita on the rocks, Dalwhinnie Scotch on the rocks with a twist, 1554 ale (from the guys who make Fat Tire). On special occasions, I break out my bottle of The Macallan 18 yr Scotch. I can also highly recommend Whaler's Rums (both flavored and unflavored) and Monopolowa Vodka.

You get all that guys? The man seems to know his ish. So, How and why did you become a Dallas Cowboys fan?

Quote:
My dad was a Rams fan, having gone to college with Roman Gabriel, so I started out pretending to be Jack Snow. When I was 7 we moved to Plano, TX and I started going to church at St. Mark's. One day my dad turned to me and said "see that guy? that's the QB of the Dallas Cowboys... and that guy's the Center." Roger very kindly shook my hand... though I had no idea what I was experiencing at the time, nor the ride I was in for. I've been pretty much hardcore ever since then. When Roger retired I was in disbelief. That something as pedestrian as age could claim a man as great as that instilled a sense of mortality in me that I never really lost-- my first real experience that all good things must end.

Now that is a good story. Not too many guys on here can say that actually met Roger Staubach. Speaking of legendary characters, a lot of the guys on here won't get the book reference in your screen name. Explain it to those who have missed out.

Quote:
Dirk Gently is a character created by Douglas Adams (who more famously wrote The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy). Dirk considers himself a "Holistic Detective" who solves cases by examining "the fundamental interconnectedness of all things". He's by turns brilliant and incompetent and generally his successes and failures (as well as who likes him and who doesn't) seem to have very little to do with anything he actually does and the world just kind of happens around him. His chief advantage is that he does seem to actually see things with some degree of clarity. I identify with the character.

Guys, if you haven't read that book, you need to look it up. It is pretty darn funny. Alright, one last question. Having won the Cowpoke Award for Forum Deputy, what do you think of the current state of the forum?

Quote:
I really feel there's a little too much focus on "winning" the debates around here, and I get the sense that a lot of the "listening" that goes on here is only so people can score points on their opposition. There's a real opportunity to understand and learn more about the ultimate team sport and our favorite team's place in it, but it seems that a lot of us (I include myself here) get overly focused on making sure everyone else knows what great football analysts we are... and particularly we try to accomplish this by trying to show that we're smarter than (choose one or more): the realists, the optimists, Jerry Jones, Jason Garrett, Bob Sturm, JJT, Eagles fans, whoever. I think that's the wrong approach. As I am better able to change it in myself, I'll go back to posting more.

And that is why he was voted the Forum Deputy. Jim, thanks for participating. Guys, tune in next week for another installment of On the Hot Seat with HT.

Homer Simpson wrote:
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great, great interview Dirk

Check out my draft thread!
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=490478t=447580&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Desperado82

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another good interview Applause

^^^mack
CowboysTilIDie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome job. Absolutely love these interviews.

Huge props to LORK for the sig

Official Supporter of "The Process."
hitstreak07

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the most interesting topic in this forum.....There's no bickering or heated discussions....it's so awesome to see who you guys really are, and learn more about who we are in here chatting it up with day in and day out.....Great job HT, and thanks for participating Dirks.....Can't wait for next week...
Matts4313

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hitstreak07 wrote:
This is the most interesting topic in this forum.....There's no bickering or heated discussions....it's so awesome to see who you guys really are, and learn more about who we are in here chatting it up with day in and day out.....Great job HT, and thanks for participating Dirks.....Can't wait for next week...

Agreed.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 4 of 18

Jump to: