Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The question of Jake Long...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jrry32

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpastermack wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:
Clutch wrote:
Try going to the Rams/Cards/Bears/Jets forums and ask them about their current situation and what they would give to have Jake. .

At least a 1st & 3rd if he re-signs...

Really? I wouldn't offer anything unless he plans to re-sign and if he does, I wouldn't offer more than a 2nd because I'm assuming the money he'll want is excessive.

Sounds about right and I wouldn't trade him for less than a 2nd AND 3rd if I am Miami, so it's not going to happen.

I wasn't saying a 2nd and a 3rd, just a 2nd. Then again, I don't value the LT position anywhere nearly as highly as most people do.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Fender

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dolphinologist wrote:
SUG wrote:
For the Love of God somebody convince the Phins to trade Jake Long before other teams figure out
he is not worth trading for a low 2nd rnd pk ....!!!!

sug

Half of these daffodils that think he's a top 5 LT couldn't name the other 4.
They sit and watch game after game and can't see a difference in his play.

Both of you are seriously clueless if you believe he isnt worth more than low 2nd...
cddolphin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's night and day for some people on both sides of the fence.
Fender

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cddolphin wrote:
It's night and day for some people on both sides of the fence.
Through the 1st 3rd of 2012 he is not Anthony Munoz, but to suggest he is Vladimir Ducasse is quite amusing.
dolphinologist

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fender wrote:
dolphinologist wrote:
SUG wrote:
For the Love of God somebody convince the Phins to trade Jake Long before other teams figure out

sug

Both of you are seriously clueless if you believe he isnt worth more than low 2nd...

To the Jets or Bears he's wort their first two picks / pats or packers ... not so much ... @gotclues.info

Fellow Posters: I beg that you not misunderstand my level of arrogance. My handle is an implication of Dolphin study not necessarily Dolphin expertise.
Fender

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dolphinologist wrote:
Fender wrote:
dolphinologist wrote:
SUG wrote:

sug

To the Jets or Bears he's wort their first two picks / pats or packers ... not so much ... @gotclues.info

See thats the thing about the free agency market - the Dolphins' trade partners for Jake Long arent limited to the teams that have no need for Jake Long.... Rolling Eyes
bpastermack

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are the only teams that could afford to take on Jake Long's salary in THIS year through a trade without cutting guys to make room for him...

Jaguars: $28.7 million.

Chiefs: $26.6 million.

Eagles: $20.2 million.

Titans: $17.0 million.

Bengals: $15.2 million.

Buccaneers: $14.9 million.

Browns: $13.3 million.

Seahawks: $13.2 million.

You rarely see big name players traded at this point in the year because a lot of teams don't have 15 mil in cap space sitting around and won't want to purge some of their roster for a new player at this point in the season. Especially for a player who is obviously injured, and not playing 100% and will be a free agent in the offseason.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpastermack wrote:

You rarely see big name players traded at this point in the year because a lot of teams don't have 15 mil in cap space sitting around and won't want to purge some of their roster for a new player at this point in the season. Especially for a player who is obviously injured, and not playing 100% and will be a free agent in the offseason.

But realistically, we'd get a conditional 3rd if he walked, right? I'm not that worried that no one's willing to give us a late-2nd for him right now. It's not that big a deal and we need his play because to my knowledge, we don't have a reliable backup AND we're trying to stay competitive during this rebuilding. I'm sure Ross supports them but, c'mon, we do need to stay competitive.
Deadeye

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

phinmun wrote:
bpastermack wrote:

But realistically, we'd get a conditional 3rd if he walked, right? I'm not that worried that no one's willing to give us a late-2nd for him right now. It's not that big a deal and we need his play because to my knowledge, we don't have a reliable backup AND we're trying to stay competitive during this rebuilding. I'm sure Ross supports them but, c'mon, we do need to stay competitive.
I think you mean a compensitory 3rd. All compensitory picks fall after the round they are named for, thus if we got a compensitory 3rd it would come after pick #96 overall. Those are better than nothing, but not that great either.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

Jump to: