Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT:: MNF Denver @ San Diego
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Russell2Bailey

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keith Brooking is starting. You guys should have a field day.
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]
lomaxgr

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
We should be running with either 2 TE's or McClain in the backfield as an additional blocker ALL NIGHT. And run the damn ball down their throats.

The thing is, we have actually defended the run well out of our base 4-3 all year, but for some reason our Coaches decided we couldn't get away with our base 4-3 against the Patriots 2 WR 2 TE and 1 RB (Ace) sets. This isn't a knock on you guys but I don't think your Ace personnel creates the types of mismatches that the Patriots does with Rob Gronkowski (imagine if Hernandez wasn't injured ...)

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see you try and get us in our Nickel by going with 3 WR sets, and then simply smashing it down our throats. Ryan Mathews has already had good success against Denver in his short career, and if he continues that then we are in a whole world of trouble.

MUFC OK
Russell2Bailey

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope Kuper starts.
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrDrew wrote:
iLikeDefense wrote:
I haven't found anything on Gaither or Floyd, are they suiting up for tomorrow?

BTW Tracy Porter did not make the flight due to illness, so I'm assuming Rivers will take advantage of that.

Gaither is out, Floyd is playing.

Porter not being there helps. Does Champ follow the #1, or does he just play a side?

Doom and Von are going to be soooo hapy. Crying or Very sad

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
MrDrew

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inactives:

Rotoworld wrote:
Chargers declared LT Jared Gaither, NT Antonio Garay, K Nate Kaeding, S Brandon Taylor, TE Ladarius Green, LB Jonas Mouton, and CB Shareece Wright inactive for Monday night's Week 6 game against the Broncos.
Rookie UDFA Mike Harris will get the start at left tackle, as he did for the first three weeks. Gaither is out with a groin injury. Garay has yet to play in a game in 2012. Kaeding is still dealing with a groin issue, so Nick Novak will handle kicking duties again. WRs Malcom Floyd (groin) and Eddie Royal (hamstring) are active.

I was sure that Green would be active with all of the heavy TE talk.

"I am a leaf on the wind... Watch how I soar"
MrDrew

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think I've been this disgusted after a game. So many things wrong.

I don't get why the refs hate this team so much when they play Denver. They didn't give the game away this time, but they missed some big calls that completely changed the momentum. I still blame the team for completely imploding, but it gets old when you see bad calls change things every time.

Unless they're trying for a better pick, there is absolutely no way they can defend Clary. If they allow him to walk on the field after the bye, they're throwing the season.

Harris is not ready to be starting. With a respectable player on the other side, they could help him, which they should be doing. He's still better than Clary, and should be starting on the right. Thee's pretty much no hope without Gaither.

Time to restaff the secondary, they all need to go. I still like the idea of Jammer at SS, but it will never happen. There's no need for Cason, Gilchrist, or Bigby. I expect a FA to be brought in, or some sort of trade during the bye.

Be glad you don't live in CO boys, I'm about to catch hell tomorrow.

footballfan81

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrDrew wrote:
I don't think I've been this disgusted after a game. So many things wrong.

I don't get why the refs hate this team so much when they play Denver. They didn't give the game away this time, but they missed some big calls that completely changed the momentum. I still blame the team for completely imploding, but it gets old when you see bad calls change things every time.

Unless they're trying for a better pick, there is absolutely no way they can defend Clary. If they allow him to walk on the field after the bye, they're throwing the season.

Harris is not ready to be starting. With a respectable player on the other side, they could help him, which they should be doing. He's still better than Clary, and should be starting on the right. Thee's pretty much no hope without Gaither.

Time to restaff the secondary, they all need to go. I still like the idea of Jammer at SS, but it will never happen. There's no need for Cason, Gilchrist, or Bigby. I expect a FA to be brought in, or some sort of trade during the bye.

Be glad you don't live in CO boys, I'm about to catch hell tomorrow.

What calls?

Like the bogus offensive pass interference on Decker?
MrDrew

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

footballfan81 wrote:
Like the bogus offensive pass interference on Decker?

It seems like you don't have a good understanding of the rule, so let me help.

Rule 8 Section 5 Article 1 of the official NFL Rule Book

Quote:
Article 1 Definition. It is pass interference by either team when any act by a player more than one yard
beyond the line of scrimmage significantly hinders the progress of an eligible receiver’s opportunity to
catch the ball. Pass interference can only occur when a forward pass is thrown from behind the line of
scrimmage, regardless of whether the pass is legal or illegal, or whether it crosses the line.
Defensive pass interference rules apply from the time the ball is thrown until the ball is touched. See Article 2 for
prohibited acts while the ball is in the air.
Offensive pass interference rules apply from the time the ball is snapped until the ball is touched. See Article 2
for prohibited acts while the ball is in the air and Article 4 for prohibited acts prior to the pass.
PROHIBITED ACTS
Article 2 Prohibited Acts by both teams while the ball is in the air. Acts that are pass interference
include but are not limited to:
(a) Contact by a player who is not playing the ball that restricts the opponent’s opportunity to make the
catch.
(b) Playing through the back of an opponent in an attempt to make a play on the ball.
(c) Grabbing an opponent’s arm(s) in such a manner that restricts his opportunity to catch a pass.
(d) Extending an arm across the body of an opponent, thus restricting his ability to catch a pass, and
regardless of whether the player committing such act is playing the ball.

(e) Cutting off the path of an opponent by making contact with him, without playing the ball.
(f) Hooking an opponent in an attempt to get to the ball in such a manner that it causes the opponent’s
body to turn prior to the ball arriving.
(g) Initiating contact with an opponent by shoving or pushing off, thus creating a separation in an attempt
to catch a pass.
Note: If there is any question whether player contact is incidental, the ruling should be no interference.

So by definition of the rule, Decker's stiff-arm on Cason is pass interference. He had Cason beat, had to come back for the ball, stiff-armed Cason to keep him away from the play. There's no question that he broke the rule.

Had you said it was a weak call, you would have like to see refs let them play, or that it's not usually called, I couldn't have argued with that. To come in and use terms like "phantom", or "bogus", tells me you don't understand the rule. I'm glad I could help make your visit to the Chargers Forum a learning experience.

Cutler06

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, McDrew, face it, there were bad calls on BOTH sides of the ball, but 9 times outta 10 that isn't called as offensive pass interference (and 9 out of 10 calls are wrong by the rulebook)

Jakuvious wrote:
KC's pass rush is fast. Manning's decision making is faster.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: