Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Finalists for Super Bowl L & LI hosting announced

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Longhorns90

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:16 am    Post subject: Finalists for Super Bowl L & LI hosting announced Reply with quote

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8513481/san-francisco-south-florida-houston-bid-2016-2017-super-bowls

Quote:
NFL owners will vote next May between San Francisco -- the 49ers are building a new stadium in Santa Clara, Calif., -- and South Florida for the 50th Super Bowl in 2016. The loser of that race will then compete with Houston for hosting the 2017 game.

For further reference, San Francisco has hosted the Super Bowl once, in 1985, Houston twice, last in 2004, while Miami will be tied with New Orleans for the most Super Bowls hosted after this year, with ten, the last coming in 2010. The next three hosts for the Super Bowl will be New Orleans, New York, and Phoenix.

As for my opinion - the owners have a habit on voting for Super Bowls in brand new stadiums, so I'd assume that San Fran's new stadium in Santa Clara will get the nod for L in 2016. Past that, not sure who would be favored.
Darn. I want a superb owl. I only have this POS barn owl. Hedwig would be a major upgrade.
RoxSox2004

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:08 am    Post subject: Re: Finalists for Super Bowl L & LI hosting announced Reply with quote

Longhorns90 wrote:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8513481/san-francisco-south-florida-houston-bid-2016-2017-super-bowls

Quote:
NFL owners will vote next May between San Francisco -- the 49ers are building a new stadium in Santa Clara, Calif., -- and South Florida for the 50th Super Bowl in 2016. The loser of that race will then compete with Houston for hosting the 2017 game.

For further reference, San Francisco has hosted the Super Bowl once, in 1985, Houston twice, last in 2004, while Miami will be tied with New Orleans for the most Super Bowls hosted after this year, with ten, the last coming in 2010. The next three hosts for the Super Bowl will be New Orleans, New York, and Phoenix.

As for my opinion - the owners have a habit on voting for Super Bowls in brand new stadiums, so I'd assume that San Fran's new stadium in Santa Clara will get the nod for L in 2016. Past that, not sure who would be favored.

The 1985 Superbowl was at Stanford stadium, not Candlestick. San Francisco proper has never, and will never host a Superbowl.
justo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope SF and Houston win TBH but I don't think it's that big of a deal. I mean outside of those cities it doesn't really make an impact.
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:15 am    Post subject: Re: Finalists for Super Bowl L & LI hosting announced Reply with quote

RoxSox2004 wrote:
Longhorns90 wrote:

Quote:

The 1985 Superbowl was at Stanford stadium, not Candlestick. San Francisco proper has never, and will never host a Superbowl.
The 85 SuperBowl was at the SuperDome in New Orleans, unless you are talking about SuperBowl 19 and not SuperBowl 20.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
Deets

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go Miami. Cold weather Super Bowls suck.

FF Member #67
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deets wrote:
Go Miami. Cold weather Super Bowls suck.

ummm..... ok..... but none of these cities are cold weather cities....

but now we know how you feel! Wink

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
Strawman Theory

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is Miami still getting superbowls? The facilities are pathetic.
TheKillerNacho

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strawman Theory wrote:

Its warm... that's about the only reason I can think of.

Nacho Simulation Football League
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheKillerNacho wrote:
Strawman Theory wrote:

Its warm... that's about the only reason I can think of.

Athletes love South Beach!!! Very Happy

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
Longhorns90

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Finalists for Super Bowl L & LI hosting announced Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
RoxSox2004 wrote:
Longhorns90 wrote:

Quote:

The 85 SuperBowl was at the SuperDome in New Orleans, unless you are talking about SuperBowl 19 and not SuperBowl 20.

Super Bowl XIX took place on Jan. 20, 1985, so yeah, it's the 1985 Super Bowl, just like Super Bowl XLVI was the 2012 Super Bowl, this coming Super Bowl will be the 2013 Super Bowl, etc.

Re: San Francisco - if you want to split hairs, yes, technically it was played in Palo Alto and not San Francisco, and the new one will be in Santa Clara rather than San Fran proper as well. But given that both are still closer to San Francisco than any other NFL city, and they'll still be called the San Francisco 49ers when they move to the new stadium, I'm just going to go ahead and say San Francisco.
Darn. I want a superb owl. I only have this POS barn owl. Hedwig would be a major upgrade.
Tom Shean

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasn't Indianapolis vying for another Super Bowl?
BlaqOptic

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

San Fransico simply because I'm tired of them playing Super Bowls in the same 5 stadiums. Can't wait for 20 years when Heinz goes down so we can host a Super Bowl.

#FireTomlin #FireHaley #FireLeBeau #FireColbert
Brodie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Finalists for Super Bowl L & LI hosting announced Reply with quote

Longhorns90 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
RoxSox2004 wrote:
Longhorns90 wrote:

Quote:

Super Bowl XIX took place on Jan. 20, 1985, so yeah, it's the 1985 Super Bowl, just like Super Bowl XLVI was the 2012 Super Bowl, this coming Super Bowl will be the 2013 Super Bowl, etc.

Re: San Francisco - if you want to split hairs, yes, technically it was played in Palo Alto and not San Francisco, and the new one will be in Santa Clara rather than San Fran proper as well. But given that both are still closer to San Francisco than any other NFL city, and they'll still be called the San Francisco 49ers when they move to the new stadium, I'm just going to go ahead and say San Francisco.

Close than any other NFL city? Coulda sworn there was one right across the bay that is home to the raiders...

Adopt-A-Ram

Alec Ogeltree 109 combinded tackles, 1.5 sacks, 6 FF, 10 stuffs, 9 PD, 1 Int 1td.
Longhorns90

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Finalists for Super Bowl L & LI hosting announced Reply with quote

Brodie wrote:
Longhorns90 wrote:

Close than any other NFL city? Coulda sworn there was one right across the bay that is home to the raiders...

They're almost equidistant, yes, but San Fran's still closer last I checked.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: