Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 NLF Mock Draft: ABBS Edition:Cle
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CanaDawg

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally a Browns fan mocker admits that we are drafting #1. The main forum mock drafts have been saying this since the last draft.

Now we can start talking about the 2012 draft strategy (both drafts) in light of this. Time for people to quit drinking the kool aid and admit the huge reaches we made.
candyman93

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pnies20 wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
Adding more rooks on the offensive line isn't going to fix the problem. I like adding Delmas at FS

Chance Warmack makes a big difference in this offense. I would rather sign Levitre in FA than take a G in the 1st round.

Two guards I'm looking at: Antoine Caldwell and Andy Levitre. I want one of them and I don't think it's asking that much from Heckertt to sign one of them. Lets Pinkston and Lavaou fight for the other spot.

Two Free Safeties I'm looking at: Kenny Phillips and Jairus Byrd. I really want Byrd and he would go a long way to locking down the other safety spot while providing veteran leadership.

I think the smart thing to do would be to go after 2/4 of the guys I mentioned. I don't want another rookie on the o-line or secondary. That won't fix the problems IMO.
StewieRules

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with this, the potential FA's for G and S mentioned are exactly what this team needs - young players with ability and experience to shore up some clear weaknesses. These are the kind of players you target in FA - not depth guys or the 31 year old big name big dollar types. Bravo!

Along those lines, I can't help but think - say Kansas City falls in love with Geno Smith and we end up having the top pick in the draft (I hope not but we ARE the only winless team in the league right now so I suppose its possible) We saw last year the price to move up (Skins for RG3) so along those lines, I wonder what the possibility would be of saying to KC ~ok, we'll swap 1sts, add your 2013 2nd, 2014 2nd and either Eric Berry or Flowers. This is just an example but a deal along those lines gives us extra choices AND (in effect) trades for a young talented player.

Just something I'm mulling over .....
abbs1988

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
pnies20 wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
Adding more rooks on the offensive line isn't going to fix the problem. I like adding Delmas at FS

Chance Warmack makes a big difference in this offense. I would rather sign Levitre in FA than take a G in the 1st round.

Two guards I'm looking at: Antoine Caldwell and Andy Levitre. I want one of them and I don't think it's asking that much from Heckertt to sign one of them. Lets Pinkston and Lavaou fight for the other spot.

Two Free Safeties I'm looking at:
Quote:
Kenny Phillips
and Jairus Byrd. I really want Byrd and he would go a long way to locking down the other safety spot while providing veteran leadership.

I think the smart thing to do would be to go after 2/4 of the guys I mentioned. I don't want another rookie on the o-line or secondary. That won't fix the problems IMO.

I am a big fan of k phillips at FS, he is one of my favorite FS's in the league, and I definately would like to see a vet guard like levitre

LOVE, JOY, PEACE, PATIENCE, GOODNESS, KINDNESS, GENTLENESS, FAITHFULNESS, AND SELF-CONTROL
cattleman78

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adding a guard in the first is not the way to go right now. Sure a Warmack would help but where our team is now a guard in the first round just does not cut it. Besides it is to early to give up on our guards. The time will come when we make the playoffs where a guard late in the first round becomes more likely. The more I think about it I don't even want to spend big in free agency for a guard. I'd rather add a free safety or something else. I do want to replace Cousins but with a low price free agent or a lower draft choice.
I think besides replacing Cousins the other position on offense we should get is tight end. Watson is most likely gone. Just about every other off season move should be on defense.
I hope we keep Jauron and give him a def. end,free safety and a corner. I think our offense is mostly set for the next off season. Need more defensive players.

Adopted Brown Tashaun Gipson safety
vs. g.bay 7 tackles,2 asst. tackles and 1 pass defended
cortes02

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry but there is no way Miami trades up to #1 for Geno Smith. Ryan Tannehill is actually playing well for them and has shown a lot of promise.

Peace!!

Sig By Kempes
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mastercheddaar

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:05 am    Post subject: hmmm Reply with quote

So many trades.... I don't know what's going on!

that is all

Mastercheddaar
Baseball - Indians/Yankees.
CF - Ohio State and Wake Forest
Women - Brunettes with Blue eyes.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: