Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Golden State Warriors thread: O'neal back. David Lee plays D
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 54, 55, 56  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darkness

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John232 wrote:
Darkness wrote:
John232 wrote:
Barnes is not the 5th option, he's possibly the 4th and possibly third depending on the role Curry takes(assuming he becomes more pure point than scorer, which is doubtful).

Barnes isn't a good enough dribbler or passer to get the ball ahead of the other 4 starters. His main role as a rookie will be to spot up and slash. I think he'll do well.

including Bogut? The guy who was pretty average as a scorer throughout his career? Doubtful. I think the most interesting thing about this season is to see the role guys assume. Curry is a phenomenal shooter, but we have 3 very talented offensive players in Thompson, Lee and Barnes. He could easily put up 8+ apg if he so wishes. Thompson is a deadly shooter but still has a lot of growing to do in the rest of his offensive game and Barnes can basically score in every way possible. However, he isn't great in any one way. I also think his handles are average but it sounds like that's his #1 priority and i expect it to improve greatly by seasons end.

4th option is absolutely his spot to lose. he could take third option depending on the game/circumstance. But Bogut is not going to be the a featured offensive player.

I think you're confused by what I mean when I say "option". Just because there's a chance Barnes averages more points per game then Bogut, doesn't mean the offense will be steered through him more. Bogut's ability to pass from the post will open up more shots for the rest of the offense, making him a bigger priority IMO.
John232

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
John232 wrote:
Darkness wrote:
John232 wrote:
Barnes is not the 5th option, he's possibly the 4th and possibly third depending on the role Curry takes(assuming he becomes more pure point than scorer, which is doubtful).

Barnes isn't a good enough dribbler or passer to get the ball ahead of the other 4 starters. His main role as a rookie will be to spot up and slash. I think he'll do well.

including Bogut? The guy who was pretty average as a scorer throughout his career? Doubtful. I think the most interesting thing about this season is to see the role guys assume. Curry is a phenomenal shooter, but we have 3 very talented offensive players in Thompson, Lee and Barnes. He could easily put up 8+ apg if he so wishes. Thompson is a deadly shooter but still has a lot of growing to do in the rest of his offensive game and Barnes can basically score in every way possible. However, he isn't great in any one way. I also think his handles are average but it sounds like that's his #1 priority and i expect it to improve greatly by seasons end.

4th option is absolutely his spot to lose. he could take third option depending on the game/circumstance. But Bogut is not going to be the a featured offensive player.

I think you're confused by what I mean when I say "option". Just because there's a chance Barnes averages more points per game then Bogut, doesn't mean the offense will be steered through him more. Bogut's ability to pass from the post will open up more shots for the rest of the offense, making him a bigger priority IMO.

Yeah, to an extent, but I don't think Bogut is going to see more touches on offense. David Lee is equally as good as point forward and he'll probably see the second most touches on the team so I expect the offense to largely run through him and Curry.

But usually when people refer to "option" they're usually referring to scoring. At least in the context when I usually hear it.

xsaMainevent on the sig
Professor Oak

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone uploaded the Warriors vs Lakers game on YouTube. About to watch a little bit of it right now.

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdq2s5a4PSo

Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yER_nuhwWtc

Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aos7ILLpv3Q

Here's some of Klay's baskets: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwJPzE9f6Ys

It's nice to see him drive to the basket like that. I seriously think he's one to watch for this year & definitely see him busting out. I know he wants to be great.
bennett23

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad news for you guys:

Bleedin_Green36

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^^ Wow that is terrible........

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who is that clown who ran into his heel? He's officially my new most hated player... Mad
Professor Oak

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
Who is that clown who ran into his heel? He's officially my new most hated player... Mad

Wes Matthews.

Scary moment but Curry's ankle is fine. Nothing major happened. Just got kicked in the back heel. He could have came back to play the rest of the game (reportedly). If anything, we'll keep him out the rest of the preseason for precautionary reasons but I doubt that even happens.

=====================================

In other news:
Quote:
NBA preview edition of ESPN the Magazine has GSW finishing at 13th in the West and 0% chance they make the playoffs.

Shocked
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He will be fine, like he said freak accident. Still, with Curry you are always holding your breath. Jack is looking great and Klay All Day is pulling from half court at times Laughing . Brandon Rush is continuing his good ball from last year. Bogut HURRY up!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I swear, Curry's ankles are cursed

good thing its not serious tho

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eSN8Cwit_s
fuarge
BlackPrestige92

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bennett23 wrote:
Bad news for you guys:

That's happened to me before.....MAN! I was pissed! Hope Steph stays healthy all year along with Andrew Bogut. This team can be good this year and make the playoffs

If Phil Jackson came back, still no coaching me, Im uncoachable, Im unsociable.
-Kendrick Lamar
Professor Oak

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klay Thompson voted #1 by GM's as the most likely player to breakout this season. I guess I wasn't the only one who thought that. Very Happy

We also got some votes as the team who made the best overall moves this offseason. Also, Mike Malone voted 3rd best assistant coach in NBA (was #1 last year), and GSW voted as 4th most fun team to watch.

Pretty excited to start the season already!
RaisinBran

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so excited about this team. More excited than any other Warrior team in my lifetime (except for when we traded for B-Diddy). I can't wait for the season opener.

Darkness

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Professor Oak wrote:
Klay Thompson voted #1 by GM's as the most likely player to breakout this season. I guess I wasn't the only one who thought that. Very Happy

That's not really going out on a limb. He was already a quality starter last season.
seminoles1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just don't see how it's possible for someone's ankles to be as bad as Curry's.

To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift-Steve Prefontaine

The future is not set. There is no fate but what we make for ourselves.
John232

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

seminoles1 wrote:
I just don't see how it's possible for someone's ankles to be as bad as Curry's.

I really would not be surprised if we draft a pg in next years draft(likely losing our pick to Utah this year). Curry is just not a good investment.

xsaMainevent on the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 54, 55, 56  Next
Page 2 of 56

Jump to: