Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Would you guys want?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrscottso

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:10 am    Post subject: Would you guys want? Reply with quote

I am not saying this going to happen, just food for thought. On Sirius NFL they are saying Norv is in the hot seat. (As he should be) They also think with the way Rivers has been playing that a new regime will want to trade him and start fresh with a new qb. Would you guys want to trade for him? Could he win us a Super Bowl?

I am an Alex supporter, but the lack of the deep ball bothers me. I think with the deep ball we would be down right scary, and be able to rush for even more yards a game.

Again I know it won't happen, but what would you guys think?

BlaqOptic wrote:
Dan Connor is twice the LineBacker that "PWilly" will ever be.
rudyZ

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rather explore the upside of Kaepernick. Rivers looks like a prick. Chemistry is important, and I think Kap would be a better leader.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
oldman9er

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
I'd rather explore the upside of Kaepernick. Rivers looks like a prick. Chemistry is important, and I think Kap would be a better leader.

This would be about the most respectful way I could respond to the OP. Shocked

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolute no to Rivers. I have never been a fan of him and while we kind of expect Alex not to outright win multiple games for us I expect Rivers being capable of losing multiple games for us. I mean what has he honestly had to face out in the AFC West that in spite of his coach he can't overcome those teams? If he is having trouble against them what are the Cardinals, Seahawks, and Rams with their defenses going to do to him?
mrscottso

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
rudyZ wrote:

Our turn overs would increase greatly as well. I have to say I wish Alex would be a little more of a prick. Sometimes that brings a spark to an otherwise lethargic offense.

BlaqOptic wrote:
Dan Connor is twice the LineBacker that "PWilly" will ever be.
in po we trust

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd take Rivers just to see what kind of shenanigans he and Harbaugh would get into during games. Pretty sure we'd become the most hated team in the NFL based solely on the body language and insanity of our head coach and QB.

Also, I don't see why Harbaugh couldn't help Rivers cut back on his turnovers. It's not like Alex was a paradigm of efficiency before Harbaugh came along.

*(as an extra blocker)
rudyZ

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in po we trust wrote:
I'd take Rivers just to see what kind of shenanigans he and Harbaugh would get into during games. Pretty sure we'd become the most hated team in the NFL based solely on the body language and insanity of our head coach and QB.

Also, I don't see why Harbaugh couldn't help Rivers cut back on his turnovers. It's not like Alex was a paradigm of efficiency before Harbaugh came along.

He was once he started disregarding what Singletary would tell him to do.

Sing: "Win! Make plays!"
Alex: "Do we have a gameplan? Play designs?"
Sing: "Gameplan? The gameplan is win, make plays. Be more fysical than our opponents, then win, make plays."

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
oldman9er

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrscottso wrote:
oldman9er wrote:
rudyZ wrote:

Our turn overs would increase greatly as well. I have to say I wish Alex would be a little more of a prick. Sometimes that brings a spark to an otherwise lethargic offense.

Alex does care as much as the fiery QBs. He simply internalizes it. He seethes instead of exploding outwardly. I don't think it makes a real difference. The players have supported Alex many times.. and while it IS possible that some are losing faith in him, the one thing they know is that he works hard and cares as much as they do about getting SB rings for the team.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd trade for him. He would give us a true balanced offense. He makes plays and is one of the elite QBs in the league. Our team would be awesome if we had a real QB at the helm.

Thanks to IDOG_det on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the attitude that Rivers brings. However, I'm not sure if I want him on this team. He's really fallen off these past couple years, and I'm not sure if we'll see the old Rivers again. It would be nice to have QB who'll give our receivers a shot to make a play though.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hard for me to picture Harbaugh declining to take Phillip Rivers if he wanted to come here. So yes I would be on board with the idea.

Sig credit goes to IDOG_det
SoS wrote:
Pete is just an arrogant wanna-be Jim Harbaugh but he's just not as smart.
Smile
RedWhiteNGold

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rivers is an upgrade from Alex, but he's not the same player he was. So unless they give him up for cheap, no thanks.
Miami49er

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rivers is an upgrade from Alex Smith for sure. yes he hasn't been the same this season and last but overall his career has been MUCH better than Alex. if Harbaugh can make Alex Smith a decent qb then i'm sure he can do a hell of job with an already established qb in Rivers. he's not that much older than Alex. no reason why he can't get his career back on track. is he a bit of a jerk yes. but he definitely isn't lacking in the confidence department. there's not a HC in the NFL who wouldn't take Philip Rivers over a qb like Alex Smith. i wouldn't put it past Baalke and Harbaugh to at least explore the idea of getting Rivers if available. they tried with Manning. the window of opportunity to get a super bowl only stays open for so long.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miami49er wrote:
Rivers is an upgrade from Alex Smith for sure. yes he hasn't been the same this season and last but overall his career has been MUCH better than Alex. if Harbaugh can make Alex Smith a decent qb then i'm sure he can do a hell of job with an already established qb in Rivers. he's not that much older than Alex. no reason why he can't get his career back on track. is he a bit of a jerk yes. but he definitely isn't lacking in the confidence department. there's not a HC in the NFL who wouldn't take Philip Rivers over a qb like Alex Smith. i wouldn't put it past Baalke and Harbaugh to at least explore the idea of getting Rivers if available. they tried with Manning. the window of opportunity to get a super bowl only stays open for so long.

Agreed, picturing this offense with Rivers is fun. So was picturing this offense with Manning. Crying or Very sad

Funny how people were giving Manning crap after his bad Falcon game, and he's silenced everyone since.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
Miami49er wrote:

Agreed, picturing this offense with Rivers is fun. So was picturing this offense with Manning. Crying or Very sad

Funny how people were giving Manning crap after his bad Falcon game, and he's silenced everyone since.
imagine how well we'd be doing on offense with a real QB like Manning.

Thanks to IDOG_det on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: