Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NY Yankees thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 89, 90, 91 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baseball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
quietjetsket wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:

1st- your not going to get anywhere near 15 home runs from cervelli.

2nd- right not the only catching prospect even remotley ready for the bigs would be Romine. Sanchez is not anywhere near defensivly good enough at the moment. Murphey maybe in a few years. But even Romine is not ready for everyday catching duty

2014 projection is 2 years away.

Cerveilli is projected to hit about 5-9 home runs annually. That is about 10-16 home run shorter than Martin's capability.

Cervelli has only hit 5 home runs in his career.... let alone yearly. I am telling you right now Sanchez will not be up in 2014 he is nowhere near defensivley ready, offensivley ready, mature enough[/quote]

Sanchez would need to make a gigantic leap everywhere to be ready by 2014. He's got great tools, but needs to put it together.

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
quietjetsket

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
quietjetsket wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:

1st- your not going to get anywhere near 15 home runs from cervelli.

2nd- right not the only catching prospect even remotley ready for the bigs would be Romine. Sanchez is not anywhere near defensivly good enough at the moment. Murphey maybe in a few years. But even Romine is not ready for everyday catching duty

2014 projection is 2 years away.

Cerveilli is projected to hit about 5-9 home runs annually. That is about 10-16 home run shorter than Martin's capability.

Cervelli has only hit 5 home runs in his career.... let alone yearly. I am telling you right now Sanchez will not be up in 2014 he is nowhere near defensivley ready, offensivley ready, mature enough

Sanchez would need to make a gigantic leap everywhere to be ready by 2014. He's got great tools, but needs to put it together.[/quote]

By 5-9 home runs, I mean Cervelli's impossible ceiling. None will beyond that number for him.

Sanchez just finished AA this year. He is likely to start off next season in Trenton but can be promoted to AAA by end of next season. In 2014, he will have a first calling ticket to MLB.

Sanchez is known for offensive asset with acceptable behind the dish skill set. Yankees are not going to keep Sanchez in bay until he finally learns how to play MLB ready defense. Sanchez offers better skill set than Jesus Montero.
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sanchez was in High A, not double A.

Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
quietjetsket

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:

I meant A+. Same difference. Big problem on the progression of Sanchez is how Yankees fill out catching depth in AAA and AA. Cervelli and Romine could be in either MLB or AAA. Murphy will repeat AA. Sanchez may start with Tampa. I think Sanchez and Murphy should switch levels
pollino14

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

RAAUUUUUULLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We need more players like him, and not just dead weight in our line up.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quietjetsket wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:

I meant A+. Same difference. Big problem on the progression of Sanchez is how Yankees fill out catching depth in AAA and AA. Cervelli and Romine could be in either MLB or AAA. Murphy will repeat AA. Sanchez may start with Tampa. I think Sanchez and Murphy should switch levels

They shouldn't rush Sanchez up. Hopefully we can keep Martin around, because Cervelli and Romine as our main options won't be very attractive. If Sanchez has improved all around, maybe a midseason callup, if not, let him finish the year and bring him to spring training in 2014 with hopes he comes up.

I really hope Banuelos is ready to be on the team next year, we could use a young starter in the rotation (and hopefully Pineda is back).

#JDI
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
quietjetsket wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:

They shouldn't rush Sanchez up. Hopefully we can keep Martin around, because Cervelli and Romine as our main options won't be very attractive. If Sanchez has improved all around, maybe a midseason callup, if not, let him finish the year and bring him to spring training in 2014 with hopes he comes up.

I really hope Banuelos is ready to be on the team next year, we could use a young starter in the rotation (and hopefully Pineda is back).

Man Ban jst had TJ so he is more than likely not gonna be much help to us next season
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
quietjetsket wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:

Man Ban jst had TJ so he is more than likely not gonna be much help to us next season

Ah didn't realize he had to get TJ. Well maybe THIS is Betances' year! Laughing Laughing Laughing

#JDI
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
quietjetsket wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:

Ah didn't realize he had to get TJ. Well maybe THIS is Betances' year! Laughing Laughing Laughing

I hope so to, I ike his stuff if he can learn to control it. I personally think he is gonna end up a long man though
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
quietjetsket wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:

I hope so to, I ike his stuff if he can learn to control it. I personally think he is gonna end up a long man though

It sounds like he still has control issues which is not very good for his prospects as anything more than a long reliever like you said. Hopefully, I start to understand prospects more this next year, I never really wanted to in the past, but we have some interesting guys like Williams now.

#JDI
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
quietjetsket wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:

It sounds like he still has control issues which is not very good for his prospects as anything more than a long reliever like you said. Hopefully, I start to understand prospects more this next year, I never really wanted to in the past, but we have some interesting guys like Williams now.

Yea mason is the CF of the future. I like Tyler Austin to
quietjetsket

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was disappointed in Banuelos situation. He was firstly diagnosed as bone bruise on elbow which kicked him out of season. Now, he had TJS and will miss next year. Had he diagnosed as TJS instead of bone bruise he would pitch some time next year.

Timetable for Banuelos is up in the air now. I think he may have a shot for bullpen job in 2014 and then he builds up himself into the rotation.

What about Austin Aune? Where will he play in MLB? SS, CF or 2B? He had played SS but is projected as ?

Slade Heathcott is about beyond the injury debacle so I can see he will move up rapidly to rapid Granderson next year or 2014 season. If it happens then it may be a good news for 2014 plan.

To protect Sanchez from rushing up into MLB, Yankees must find a power solution for OF and give Martin a 2 or 3 year contract. Will it affect 2014 plan poorly? It is difficult to know.
GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/mlb/5593/michael-pineda

Quote:
Michael Pineda (shoulder) is not expected to be ready by the start of spring training next February."We have to keep him off our radar for now," Yankees general manager Brian Cashman told reporters on Sunday. "We're talking June of next year ... the second half of next year." Pineda underwent surgery in April to repair a torn labrum in his right shoulder. He's healing slower than his initial timetable suggested he would.

Also read that we may kick the tires on A.J. Pierzynski...would be a good fit for a year or two no?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GmenSeattle wrote:
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/mlb/5593/michael-pineda

Quote:
Michael Pineda (shoulder) is not expected to be ready by the start of spring training next February."We have to keep him off our radar for now," Yankees general manager Brian Cashman told reporters on Sunday. "We're talking June of next year ... the second half of next year." Pineda underwent surgery in April to repair a torn labrum in his right shoulder. He's healing slower than his initial timetable suggested he would.

Also read that we may kick the tires on A.J. Pierzynski...would be a good fit for a year or two no?

i was just gunna post in here that we are looking at A.J. I would love that move. Sign him to a 1 or 2 years deal and wait for Romine or Sanchez to be ready. He is a perfect fit for Yankee Stadium. He could give us a .270 avg with 20-25 hrs and good defense.

Seahawks~ Yankees~ Knicks~ Syracuse Orange

#JDI
pollino14

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would get rid of Swisher in a heartbeat, and I'm shopping A-Rod/Teix and Granderson.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baseball All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 89, 90, 91 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 90 of 100

Jump to: