Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Remaining Schedule: playoff change % ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  

%chance of making playoffs?
100%
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
99-75%
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
74-50%
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
49-25%
27%
 27%  [ 3 ]
24-15%
9%
 9%  [ 1 ]
14-2%
27%
 27%  [ 3 ]
Who are we kidding? Slim to none.
36%
 36%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 11

theJ

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:10 am    Post subject: Remaining Schedule: playoff change % ? Reply with quote

The Bengals are now 3-4 heading into their bye, with most of the easy games out of the way. Here's the Bengals remaining schedule heading into the bye:

Week/Opponent
8 / Bye
9 / Broncos
10 / Giants
11 / @ Chiefs
12 / Raiders
13 / @ Chargers
14 / Cowboys
15 / @ Eagles
16 / @ Steelers
17 / Ravens

What weeks do you predict wins? What chance do you guys think this team has of making the playoffs at this point?

I'll post my thoughts after a few other people do.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
THE DUKE

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

6-10, expect AJ to be triple teamed the rest ot the year, and our horrible secondary can't stop anyone when it counts. I think we beat Oakland, Kansas City, and then we'll steal one on against a team we shouldn't beat.

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

7-9

We beat KC, OAK, PHI, and BAL

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wins: Chiefs, Oak, Ravens, Chargers and Cowboys

Losses: Giants, Broncos, Eagles, Steelers and Bye...
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
Wins: Chiefs, Oak, Ravens, Chargers and Cowboys

Losses: Giants, Broncos, Eagles, Steelers...

This.....

I predicted 9-7 pre-season, 8-8 looks more likely.

Given the 'parity' in the AFC this year, we could yet sneak in with 9 wins, but it looks like we'll have to beat the AFCW 4-0 to stand a chance now; and that conference loss to MIA could prove to be huge.

I'm also beginning to think this could be Marvins' last season. I think Brown would rather lose Marvin than either Gruden or Zimmer.....
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only answer here is 0% chance of making the playoffs. These costly three consecutive losses have all come against AFC opponents, thus minimizing any real chance at tiebreakers.

And the truth is, we don't belong in the playoffs playing the way we are. I am not ready to celebrate making the playoffs and getting steamrolled in the first round again. I am extremely disappointed in how things are going. it's bad when i start looking at mock drafts this early in a season that was supposed to be so promising.
futbudds

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
The only answer here is 0% chance of making the playoffs. These costly three consecutive losses have all come against AFC opponents, thus minimizing any real chance at tiebreakers.

And the truth is, we don't belong in the playoffs playing the way we are. I am not ready to celebrate making the playoffs and getting steamrolled in the first round again. I am extremely disappointed in how things are going. it's bad when i start looking at mock drafts this early in a season that was supposed to be so promising.

The team just doesn't look ready to play. There's always the proverbial Mike Brown sucker punch looming in the background when this team hears the word 'promise' but Marvin has had enough time to right this ship imo. But marvin leaving is scary also because whoever comes in at HC (including Zim or chucky's bro) will be starting all over again with an owner that still wants to control everything.

I don't see Marvin getting fired though for at least another couple of years though.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This team needs to spend some money this offseason. Fix our defensive back 7 and get a legit RB.

I agree I am sick and tired of getting my hopes up. Looking at the schedule we should be 5-1, but we are 3-3 at that point. Dalton and Green have been good, but Dalton has been inconsistent and we play down to other teams and dont show up against good ones.

Our game management is poor and overall our defense has been a joke. We need playmakers in the back 7 in the worst way. We do not get turnovers which is a killer and we have given the ball up way to much this year.

There is always next year right!

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
theJ

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:44 am    Post subject: Re: Remaining Schedule: playoff change % ? Reply with quote

I said i'd weigh in. Here's the games i think are wins (in bold).

theJ wrote:
Week/Opponent
8 / Bye
9 / Broncos
10 / Giants
11 / @ Chiefs
12 / Raiders
13 / @ Chargers
14 / Cowboys
15 / @ Eagles
16 / @ Steelers
17 / Ravens

I only say the Ravens are a win because i think they're sitting at 9 wins and the Steelers only have 7. If the Ravens are playing for anything, call it a 5-11 season.

I can't see this team selling out any more games the rest of the season. With that in mind, i actually do think Marvin has a chance of being fired. Being 5-11 with this talent isn't acceptable, and money talks. If the organization starts losing money because of Marvin (or indirectly at least), he has a good shot of being canned.

sparky151

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we can get to 7 wins. Oakland and KC are both bad teams. Cowboys, Eagles, and Ravens have injury problems. Bengals should be better once Cook returns at center and we get Allen and Kirkpatrick healthy at CB.
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Remaining Schedule: playoff change % ? Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
I can't see this team selling out any more games the rest of the season. With that in mind, i actually do think Marvin has a chance of being fired. Being 5-11 with this talent isn't acceptable, and money talks. If the organization starts losing money because of Marvin (or indirectly at least), he has a good shot of being canned.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but not a chance. Two things:

1. Marvin just signed a two year extension.

2. In the Stadium deal that Mike Brown worked out with Hamilton County, those unpaid seats are actually paid for by the County not the Bengals...
theJ

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Remaining Schedule: playoff change % ? Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
theJ wrote:

2. In the Stadium deal that Mike Brown worked out with Hamilton County, those unpaid seats are actually paid for by the County not the Bengals...

#1 is meh, i don't really care about that. Buyouts and firings happen regardless of contract. But #2 is significant. I remember hearing about that now, but forgot about it. You're probably right, he's probably staying.

Why couldn't the Reds have let Dusty go? Then i wouldn't care so much about having Marvin around. But to have two terrible coaches/managers in one town, and neither of them fire-able? Ahhhhhhhh.

Beck Bristow

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Remaining Schedule: playoff change % ? Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
theJ wrote:

#1 is meh, i don't really care about that. Buyouts and firings happen regardless of contract. But #2 is significant. I remember hearing about that now, but forgot about it. You're probably right, he's probably staying.

Why couldn't the Reds have let Dusty go? Then i wouldn't care so much about having Marvin around. But to have two terrible coaches/managers in one town, and neither of them fire-able? Ahhhhhhhh.

Dusty still baffles me. Our baseball team is supposed to be well run. I just hope for a leadoff hitter this year.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the County nenegotiated that out a few years ago. Maybe not.

As for the Reds, trade four top minor league prospects for Andrew McCutcheon. The Pirates are a bigger tease to their fans than the Bengals. Then get a free agent leadoff hitter (or send Cozart to the fall league to get more intense work).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: