Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rookies of the Month: RB Martin, CB Hayward
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Billy Spikes


Joined: 12 Jul 2008
Posts: 41168
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:31 am    Post subject: Rookies of the Month: RB Martin, CB Hayward Reply with quote

Quote:
#Buccaneers RB Doug Martin was named NFL Offensive Rookie of Month.


http://twitter.com/NFL_RealUpdates/statuses/264040152165384192

Quote:
#Packers CB Casey Hayward was named NFL Defensive Rookie of the Month.


http://twitter.com/NFL_RealUpdates/statuses/264041530371756032
_________________
#JDI
Official Roster Cutdowns Thread
All Time Top Ten Safeties Ranking
Tom Brady Tribute
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
49ers Finest


Joined: 28 Dec 2011
Posts: 9591
Location: San Jose
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn packers. Soooooo good at drafting.
_________________
***WE RUN THE WEST!***
SB AT HOME!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

new sig... sorry alex
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vikingsrule


Moderator
Joined: 15 Nov 2005
Posts: 48288
Location: Land of 10,000 Lakes!
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im glad to hear that Hayward is playing well, I was really high on him on draft day for the Vikings. Stinks he has to be a Packer.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JCamGOPACKGO


Joined: 14 Jan 2012
Posts: 753
Location: New Jersey
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't tell ya how psyched I am on Casey. We are looking great at CB for the future with him and others.
_________________


Shout out to justo on the avatar!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ketchup


Joined: 13 May 2009
Posts: 14177
Location: Milwaukee, WI
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCamGOPACKGO wrote:
Can't tell ya how psyched I am on Casey. We are looking great at CB for the future with him and others.
The trio of Shields, Hayward and House at CB behind Tramon has our future looking very bright at the position. 4 starting caliper guys at CB for us right now.
_________________

Kempes on the custom sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Illustrated


Joined: 17 Apr 2012
Posts: 182
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
JCamGOPACKGO wrote:
Can't tell ya how psyched I am on Casey. We are looking great at CB for the future with him and others.
The trio of Shields, Hayward and House at CB behind Tramon has our future looking very bright at the position. 4 starting caliper guys at CB for us right now.


Caliper? Laughing

I have to agree the future of the Packers CB situation looks promising. I'd like to see more tests thrown House's way and long term consistency from Shields however.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ketchup


Joined: 13 May 2009
Posts: 14177
Location: Milwaukee, WI
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Illustrated wrote:
Ketchup wrote:
JCamGOPACKGO wrote:
Can't tell ya how psyched I am on Casey. We are looking great at CB for the future with him and others.
The trio of Shields, Hayward and House at CB behind Tramon has our future looking very bright at the position. 4 starting caliper guys at CB for us right now.


Caliper? Laughing

I have to agree the future of the Packers CB situation looks promising. I'd like to see more tests thrown House's way and long term consistency from Shields however.
Yea like brake caliper. Because they put the brakes on offenses. See what I did there...

Also, would like to see House tested more as well but with his injury being a long term thing for this year I love the way he's playing with it. Shields is someone that may always be a little inconsistent but the good with him outweighs the bad almost always.
_________________

Kempes on the custom sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Willink


Joined: 26 Nov 2007
Posts: 11609
Location: Rochester, NY
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should have known Hayward would be a beast, whenever the Packers trade with New England great things happen:

Trade down with Patriots, get Greg Jennings
Trade up with Patriots, get Clay Matthews
Trade up with Patriots, get Casey Hayward


clearly the only logical conclusion is that he'll turn into a pro bowler
_________________

Quote:
If I have not lost my mind I can sometimes hear it preparing to defect
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JammerHammer21


Joined: 27 Dec 2009
Posts: 27108
Location: Anywhere
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loved Hayward, had him as second round talent. Good to see him turning out well.
_________________

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tzimisce


Most Valuable Poster
Joined: 13 Oct 2005
Posts: 49254
Location: Tuntmore Tower
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Willink wrote:
Should have known Hayward would be a beast, whenever the Packers trade with New England great things happen:

Trade down with Patriots, get Greg Jennings
Trade up with Patriots, get Clay Matthews
Trade up with Patriots, get Casey Hayward


clearly the only logical conclusion is that he'll turn into a pro bowler
The Patriots ended up getting Chad Jackson, Darius Butler, Brandon Tate and Jake Bequette out of these trades. Sad

The Pats need to stop trading with the Packers.
_________________

Adopt-a-Patriot: Malcolm Butler
Status: Emergent
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Jamison.


Joined: 08 Mar 2011
Posts: 7413
Location: no
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember some guy in the Jets forum was clamoring about Casey Heyward during the entire draft. I thought he was just full of himself.
_________________

Jamison.'s Gallery
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
coors


Joined: 16 Jan 2008
Posts: 7762
Location: DC via ATL
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Martin has been an absolute stud. The way he has been playing so far, especially his last 2 games, his play on the field looks far from someone that is a rookie. I just heard them use "The Muscle Hamster" yesterday as his nickname and I wont lie, it totally cracked me up. He does have a nice running style, being a small guy at 5'9 and 220-ish lbs, he runs with great balance and he's got a low center of gravity that has clearly worked for him over the years. I wish that the Bucs weren't our division rivals because I would really enjoy rooting for his success. Hell, its exactly the mid point of the season so far, and at 8-0 we still haven't even played the Bucs once.. coming into this season I would have penciled us in for 2 wins against them in the 2 games we have got to play them.. but in all honesty even through we haven't lost yet, playing the Bucs whose our division rivals makes me pretty nervous to go up against them, and a ton of that nerves comes from Martin and how well he has played, because we have not been what I would exactly call "stout" against the run this year..
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Vikefan79


Joined: 05 Apr 2005
Posts: 29761
Location: Atlanta
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roberts burned Hayward pretty good. That was the only time I had seen him in action. Everyone seems to be pretty high on him so I'll have to check him out next week.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
EliteTexan80


Most Valuable Poster
Joined: 30 Apr 2007
Posts: 38162
Location: Three time Mr. fanTASTic!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coors wrote:
Martin has been an absolute stud. The way he has been playing so far, especially his last 2 games, his play on the field looks far from someone that is a rookie.


Doug Martin reminds me so much of Ray Rice, just an amazing runner in all types of run plays, has the wiggle to escape the first tackler and the power to run through the 2nd guy. Has soft hands and can make moves out of the backfield to get extra yards.

He's a special runner, no doubt. Bucs struck gold with that pickup.
_________________


vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
ugLymayNe


Joined: 31 Oct 2006
Posts: 12806
Location: Wisconsin
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikefan79 wrote:
Roberts burned Hayward pretty good. That was the only time I had seen him in action. Everyone seems to be pretty high on him so I'll have to check him out next week.


On that double move for a TD? Yeah, that was his worst play of the year. Perfect time to watch...Laughing
_________________
@PJHotel_
Uglystik1072<---Gamertag

Sig brought to you by Justo
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group