Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 9: Seattle Seahawks vs Minnesota Vikings
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tooki wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
imani wrote:
Quote:
Earl Thomas has a serious case of stone hands, but he's the only player on defense today that played with any intensity.

Browner and Wagner both disagree with you. Sherman was getting involved as well.

Earl Thomas had to respond with intensity, he got embarrassed multiple times.
Earl Thomas got embarrassed once after the front 8 got embarrassed first. I understand I'm probably the biggest ET supporter on the board, but the only real thing you can knock him for is not pulling down INT's.

Pick the 5 best open tacklers in the NFL and let AP sprint at them with no help. I doubt they're going to slow him down much either.

ET has never been a good open field tackler. He misses quite a few tackles, primarily as a result of taking bad angles. Given his size and the fact that he is a rangey cover safety, it's not a massive issue. His issue of not completing INT's (when he did it well in college) is a bigger issue at this point IMO.
He's never been a bad open field tackler. I'd love to see a stat that supports your claim. For how small he is, he's quite good at it.

He'll fix the drop picks problem. He still the only guy on the team that could get to half of those picks that he drops.

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
Tooki

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
Tooki wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
imani wrote:
Quote:
Earl Thomas has a serious case of stone hands, but he's the only player on defense today that played with any intensity.

Browner and Wagner both disagree with you. Sherman was getting involved as well.

Earl Thomas got embarrassed once after the front 8 got embarrassed first. I understand I'm probably the biggest ET supporter on the board, but the only real thing you can knock him for is not pulling down INT's.

Pick the 5 best open tacklers in the NFL and let AP sprint at them with no help. I doubt they're going to slow him down much either.

ET has never been a good open field tackler. He misses quite a few tackles, primarily as a result of taking bad angles. Given his size and the fact that he is a rangey cover safety, it's not a massive issue. His issue of not completing INT's (when he did it well in college) is a bigger issue at this point IMO.
He's never been a bad open field tackler. I'd love to see a stat that supports your claim. For how small he is, he's quite good at it.

He'll fix the drop picks problem. He still the only guy on the team that could get to half of those picks that he drops.

I agree in that for a little guy he tackles well, but in general he misses quite a few tackles. I don't have any stats, but it's something that I've observed from watching the game. With that said, he will make some big stops and because of that, it's not a major issue for me.
Jamison.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does Bruce Irvin ever play standing up? And if he does, has he found success?

Jamison.'s Gallery
Tooki

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamison. wrote:
Does Bruce Irvin ever play standing up? And if he does, has he found success?

He hasn't played standing up in the regular season, he purely plays on 3rd downs.

He has a lot of burst off the line, so I can say with some confidence that he would succeed standing up.
TheDudeAbides

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
If Wilson continues to play like he did Sunday I'll be on the bandwagon.

I love Skee-Lo, but I think there's a third option... not just the Russel Haters and the Russel Lovers. Perhaps SoS would fit on this third horse.

Personally, I was a huge fan of the pick and love the player and think he's probably the future of the franchise at QB. What I also think... is that this team AND RW would have been better off had we named Flynn the starter early in the pre-season and let RW study, practice, work on things like stepping up into the pocket during practice rather than in-game. One or two years, at best, before he steps in and takes over. What that also does... is give a more natural progression, should the starter fail or get injured. If you put Flynn in first... then RW in case of injury or failure... you get top-notch effort out of both guys - as I don't think the rookie gets 'demoted' in his own mind by not starting - Flynn definitely got the demotion vibe. If you put RW in first... then Flynn in case of failure... you're getting top-notch out of RW and potentially a deflated Flynn.

I love the guy, I'm behind him the whole way, but I'll still say to this day that his development and our team's success in 2012 (maybe even in the future) were compromised by the way Pete handled the pre-season - giving first team reps to three different QBs.

All that said - From game 1 to game 9, I've already seen a TON of improvement. Much of that is simply that he didn't have any reps with his receivers prior to the season, and much is just the fact that the man is focused and determined like none other and he's just checking off weaknesses one by one right before our eyes.

I'm hopeful that our OLine can keep him healthy (I love that he hook-slides all the time and avoids the big hit), otherwise, we're going to get a Matt Flynn who feels he's been slighted - and that's not the most confident QB you want taking snaps.

Hey... QB-wise... we could be the Jets. Or even the 2011 Hawks. /shiver

TommyC376 on the Sig
imani

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GDT?

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
Tooki wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
imani wrote:
Quote:

PFF has him among the league leaders in missed tackles among secondary players.
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheDudeAbides wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:

I love Skee-Lo, but I think there's a third option... not just the Russel Haters and the Russel Lovers. Perhaps SoS would fit on this third horse.

Personally, I was a huge fan of the pick and love the player and think he's probably the future of the franchise at QB. What I also think... is that this team AND RW would have been better off had we named Flynn the starter early in the pre-season and let RW study, practice, work on things like stepping up into the pocket during practice rather than in-game. One or two years, at best, before he steps in and takes over. What that also does... is give a more natural progression, should the starter fail or get injured. If you put Flynn in first... then RW in case of injury or failure... you get top-notch effort out of both guys - as I don't think the rookie gets 'demoted' in his own mind by not starting - Flynn definitely got the demotion vibe. If you put RW in first... then Flynn in case of failure... you're getting top-notch out of RW and potentially a deflated Flynn.

I love the guy, I'm behind him the whole way, but I'll still say to this day that his development and our team's success in 2012 (maybe even in the future) were compromised by the way Pete handled the pre-season - giving first team reps to three different QBs.

All that said - From game 1 to game 9, I've already seen a TON of improvement. Much of that is simply that he didn't have any reps with his receivers prior to the season, and much is just the fact that the man is focused and determined like none other and he's just checking off weaknesses one by one right before our eyes.

I'm hopeful that our OLine can keep him healthy (I love that he hook-slides all the time and avoids the big hit), otherwise, we're going to get a Matt Flynn who feels he's been slighted - and that's not the most confident QB you want taking snaps.

Could not have said it better myself. Hopefully it resonates coming from you rather than I.
Sacks98

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheDudeAbides wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:

He may of handled the reps wrong but i disagree about starting Flynn if he thought Wilson was the better QB by watching him every day in practice then he should of started Wilson which he did.
NestlePureLife

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
Tooki wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
imani wrote:
Quote:

I honestly think a lot of that is simply because ET has the speed and the range to attempt tackles any other FS would not even think about trying.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
Tooki wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
imani wrote:
Quote:

Post the stats? And do whiffs count as missed tackles? Like the one Kam had on AP Sunday on the long run. It should have been a fairly easy tackle but he didn't even come close to touching him.

The thing with Earl is he'll just make first contact if he has players coming to help out. He tackles differently with two or three guys right behind him than he does one on one.

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
Tooki

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
Tooki wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
imani wrote:
Quote:

Post the stats? And do whiffs count as missed tackles? Like the one Kam had on AP Sunday on the long run. It should have been a fairly easy tackle but he didn't even come close to touching him.

The thing with Earl is he'll just make first contact if he has players coming to help out. He tackles differently with two or three guys right behind him than he does one on one.

I wasn't able to find any stats, but I see him miss quite a few tackles, and a lot of them are ones that a DB should be making.

And our defense as a whole needs to start wrapping up players, instead of always going for a big hit. We have the speed and range to stop players before the down marker if they would just make the smart tackle.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27
Page 27 of 27

Jump to: