Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mock 1.5: Blackout Edition (Nov. 10)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
quietjetsket

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
quietjetsket wrote:
green24 wrote:
quietjetsket wrote:
Darrelle Revis wrote:
Don't think we can bring in all those FA, or that Smith will last to the 7th pick, but I would be very happy with it.

Still would love to have a real stud RB on our offense though.

I have RB in my mock. yoobah myself.

I have one too. Zac Stacy in the third round.

yeah... It is a nasty habit of people. any RB after 1st round is not a stud one on paper.

Look at the 2008 draft. Ray Rice, Matt Forte, and Jamaal Charles all went in rounds 2-3.

Look at all mock made by fans, people don't do any diligence.
green24

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Mock 1.5: Blackout Edition Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
I still have no power. I am actually going to try to make this mock pretty, even though I am doing this from my phone. Sorry if pictures don't load. Free Agency is pretty similar to the previous mock, but the draft is different.

I am going by quietjetsket and Davey's assumptions that the salary cap will be $136.48M and we are currently on the books for $140.14M. That leaves us with -$3.66M. I'm going to be a little pessimistic and say we end up with the 7th pick in the draft.

Coaching Changes:
Mike Pettine is fired. Joe Woods (DB coach for the Vikings) is hired as the new Defensive Coordinator. Rex Ryan reassumes play calling duties.

Eric Mangini is signed to a FO role. Rex Ryan's part in the draft process decrease.

Cuts:
OLB Calvin Pace ($8.56M saved): Pace is simply over the hill and a subpar player at this point in his career. He is not even worth a quarter of his salary.

ILB Bart Scott ($7.15M saved): See Pace, Calvin.

S Eric Smith ($3M saved): Smith is so bad. I wouldn't even say he's worth 3 dollars.

OT Jason Smith ($12M saved): I like Smith, but not for this much money.

WR Santonio Holmes ($1.25M saved): He's a cancer.

Updated cap: $28.3M

Re-Signings:
Arrow RFA RT Austin Howard ($.75M tender): I've been very impressed with Howard. We might have a keeper at RT. Crazy, isn't it?
Arrow RFA LS Tanner Purdum ($.6M tender): He is our rock.
Arrow UFA TE Dustin Keller (4 years, $22M; $4M cap hit): The first four games of this season have shown us how much we miss Keller. He is arguably our best offensive weapon, with or without Holmes.
Arrow UFA S LaRon Landry (3 years, $14M; $3M cap hit): I have been very impressed with Landry. He has been the first good safety that we've had since Kerry Rhodes in his early days.
Arrow UFA S Yeremiah Bell (1 year, $1.5M): He's been very good this year, but he's old. Gets a slight raise.
Arrow UFA OLB Aaron Maybin (2 years, $2.0M; $.75M cap hit): We need to keep at least one OLB around
Arrow UFA DE Mike DeVito (2 years, $2.2M; $1M cap hit): He returns for a smaller role.
Arrow UFA OG Matt Slauson (3 years, $5M; $1M cap hit): He isn't bad at LG.
Arrow UFA K Nick Folk (2 years, $2.5; $1M cap hit): He's not that bad of a kicker.
Arrow OT Jason Smith (2 years, $2.8M; $1M cap hit): He has some potential. It's worth it to keep him around.
Arrow CB Darrelle Revis (7 years, $105M; $7.5M cap hit): This reduces his cap hit by $1.5M. Even though he is coming off of a singificant injury, he is our best player and needs to be re-signed.

Updated cap: $16.2M

Trades:

New York Jets trade:
QB Mark Sanchez
7th round pick

Kansas City Chiefs trade:
6th round pick
As I touched on here, Sanchez has been a major dissapointment. I have been one of his biggest fans, but I have jumped off the bandwagon. In Draughn, we acquire a solid RB who does not get many carries in Kansas City.
$6.25M saved

New York Jets trade:
ATH Tim Tebow
Jacksonville Jaguars trade:
6th round pick
Tebow was a failure from the start. Just end the misery now.
$2.59M saved

New York Jets trade:
6th round pick
Green Bay Packers trade:
WR James Jones
We acquire who really does not have much of a role in Green Bay. He would fit well with Holmes, Hill, and Kerley.
$2.95M cap hit

Updated cap: $22.09M

Free Agency:

DE/OLB Cliff Avril: We sign the pass rusher we have not had since umm... John Abraham. We desperately need someone who can get after the QB. I'm choosing Avril over Connor Barwin because I don't think the Texans let Barwin go.
4 years, $45M ($8M cap hit)

TE Fred Davis: We give our new QB something that Sanchez never had, two good TEs. Davis can pair with Keller to form the second best TE in the NFL. Davis coming off of a severe injury, so he may sign for cheap.
2 years, $8M ($3.5M cap hit)

S Kenny Phillips: Phillips can form an elite safety tandem with Landry. Yermiah Bell becomes our third safety. This a huge turnaround from the Eric Smith, Brodney Pool, and Jim Leonhard days.
4 years, $20M ($4.1M cap hit)

QB Matt Moore: We sign Matt Moore to be the back-up QB for the next two seasons. A solid player who can give our rookie competition his first season, but will not bring the attention that Tim Tebow brings.
2 years, $2.5M ($1M cap hit)

OL Rex Hadnot: Hadnot becomes the back-up to Matt Slauson, Nick Mangold, and Vlad Ducasse at the interior OL positions. Yes, Ducasse is starting now.
1 year, $0.84M

Updated Cap: $4.65

THE DRAFT

Our picks:
1(7)
2(37)
3(69)
6 (via Kansas City)
6 (via Jacksonville)

1(7). DE/OLB Damontre Moore (Texas A&M)
We go from having an OLB corps filled with Calvin Pace and Bryan Thomas to one with Cliff Avril and Damontre Moore. Moore has taken over at Von Miller's position at TAMU and has excelled. He is one of the best players in this draft class.

2(37). QB Zac Dysert (Miami (OH))
We (hopefully) acquire our franchise QB. We hoped that Sanchez would be that guy, but he was not. We now hope Dysert can be that guy. Dysert reminds many of the last Miami (OH) QB to be drafted this early, Ben Roethlisberger. I don't expect Dysert to be as good as Big Ben, however, I think Dysert can end up being the second best QB from this draft class. I think Tannenbaum, Mangini, Rex, Sparano, and our new QB coach feel confident enough in Dysert to spend the 37th pick of the draft on him.

3(69). WR Quinton Patton (Louisiana Tech)
Patton has already clinched another 1,000-yard season for Louisiania Tech. He has quality size and speed. He could form a great young receiving trio with Stephen Hill and Jeremy Kerley. He will likely start out as the #4 receiver.

4th. RB Zac Stacy (Vanderbilt)
This guy can be a quality RB in the NFL. He finished with nearly 1,200 rushing yards and 6.0 YPC in the SEC last season. He runs a 4.4 40 yard dash, making him a great compliment to Bilal Powell.

5th. CB Branden Smith (Georgia)
Ellis Lankster is pretty bad. We get a guy with sub-4.4 speed to hopefully be our #4 CB this year.

6th(via KC). OL Jeff Braun (West Virginia)
We acquire some much needed OL depth.

6th(via JAC). WR Conner Vernon (Duke)
Another WR to throw into the mix.

Depth Chart:

QB: Matt Moore // Zac Dysert // Greg McElroy
RB: Bilal Powell // Zac Stacy // Joe McKnight
FB: John Conner
WR: Stephen Hill // Quinton Patton
TE: Dustin Keller // Fred Davis // Jeff Baker
LT: D'Brickashaw Ferguson // Jeff Braun
LG: Matt Slauson // Rex Hadnot
C: Nick Mangold // Caleb Schlauderaff
RG: Vladimir Ducasse
RT: Austin Howard // Jason Smith
WR: James Jones // Conner Vernon
WR: Jeremy Kerley

DE: Muhammad Wilkerson // Damon Harrison
NT: Sione Pouha // Kenrick Ellis
DE: Quinton Coples // Mike DeVito
OLB: Cliff Avril // Garrett McIntyre
ILB: David Harris // Josh Mauga
ILB: Demario Davis // Nick Bellore
OLB: Damontre Moore // Aaron Maybin
CB: Darrelle Revis // Kyle Wilson // Ellis Lankster
FS: Kenny Phillips // Yeremiah Bell // Josh Bush
SS: LaRon Landry // Antonio Allen
CB: Antonio Cromartie // Branden Smith

K: Nick Folk
P: Robert Malone
KR: Joe McKnight
PR: Jeremy Kerley

ekill08x

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

your trying to make us a powerhouse again in one offseason. I like the effort but we need this to be a 2 year process at least.

1) Pettine is getting fired if Rex isnt so forget that.

2) Like the contracts you gave out, but not Maybins. Hes useless. He'll never be a starter.

3) Avril isnt a guy id give money to. barwin yes, but I would rather save it and have flexibility.

4) No chance GB just gives us James Jones. Dudes been their #2 WR this year in terms of production. Hes awesome. Its not going to happen.

5) I like where your heads at in the draft, but Moore has no business being top 10, not with Jarvis Jones, Barkevious Mingo, and Sam Montgomery up there. If we want an OLB, trade down and stockpile!

6) Same goes for Zac Dysert. No shot hes a second round pick. This is a weak QB class. Hes a guy who could honestly go undrafted. QBs will fall after Geno and Barkley. Mark my words. Look for guys like Bray, Wilson, Landry, and Glennon all to be around in rounds 2-3 or even 4. I personally like all 4 better then Dysert especially with a 2nd round pick.

I do like your FAs outside of Avril though. I just have a different idea of what we should do. Many people might love this mock though, because it is sexier than mine would be.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
green24

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
your trying to make us a powerhouse again in one offseason. I like the effort but we need this to be a 2 year process at least.

1) Pettine is getting fired if Rex isnt so forget that.

2) Like the contracts you gave out, but not Maybins. Hes useless. He'll never be a starter.

3) Avril isnt a guy id give money to. barwin yes, but I would rather save it and have flexibility.

4) No chance GB just gives us James Jones. Dudes been their #2 WR this year in terms of production. Hes awesome. Its not going to happen.

5) I like where your heads at in the draft, but Moore has no business being top 10, not with Jarvis Jones, Barkevious Mingo, and Sam Montgomery up there. If we want an OLB, trade down and stockpile!

6) Same goes for Zac Dysert. No shot hes a second round pick. This is a weak QB class. Hes a guy who could honestly go undrafted. QBs will fall after Geno and Barkley. Mark my words. Look for guys like Bray, Wilson, Landry, and Glennon all to be around in rounds 2-3 or even 4. I personally like all 4 better then Dysert especially with a 2nd round pick.

I do like your FAs outside of Avril though. I just have a different idea of what we should do. Many people might love this mock though, because it is sexier than mine would be.

Other than changing the draft, the only major change I made to the mock was cutting Holmes. I changed the compensation we got for Sanchez and reduced the contract I gave to Fred Davis.

I probably should have not given Maybin that contract. He has been a major disappointment this season.
jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with ekill on most of his thoughts. Although I'm 100% on the Damontre Moore bandwagon until Mingo shows up or we lose more games for Jones.

Also really dislike Matt Moore.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetsfan4life51 wrote:
I'm with ekill on most of his thoughts. Although I'm 100% on the Damontre Moore bandwagon until Mingo shows up or we lose more games for Jones.

Also really dislike Matt Moore.

Yeah I think moore is a stud dont get me wrong, but I think it was even you that said the top pass rushers are falling. Jones wont because hes being labeled as the next Ware with all his hype but I still feel we can trade down a few times and do work with a late first and several 2s and 3s, but hey, I say this EVERY year and it NEVER happens. I truly feel that any QB I named could do a better job then Sanchez all of which I believe will fall.

quietjetsket

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingOfTheHill84

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you picked Dysert, I'm happy nothing else matters

[quote="Ring Worm Sherm"]Revis hasn't done jack since 09[/quote]Fly-A-Jet 2013 Jeremy Kerley
Rec:5 Yards:70 TDs:0 PR Average:7 ypa
ekill08x

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingOfTheHill84 wrote:

If you think Zac Dysert is a second round pick you need to see a doctor immediately.

RDawg10

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
KingOfTheHill84 wrote:

If you think Zac Dysert is a second round pick you need to see a doctor immediately.

I agree the highest he goes is 4th round.. i dont want anything to do with dysert anyway
KingOfTheHill84

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
KingOfTheHill84 wrote:

I'd pick him in the 3rd but please dont be fooled, he can be a stud with the right coaching

[quote="Ring Worm Sherm"]Revis hasn't done jack since 09[/quote]Fly-A-Jet 2013 Jeremy Kerley
green24

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingOfTheHill84 wrote:
ekill08x wrote:
KingOfTheHill84 wrote:

I'd pick him in the 3rd but please dont be fooled, he can be a stud with the right coaching

Which means that we need to get a new QB coach.
KingOfTheHill84

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
KingOfTheHill84 wrote:
ekill08x wrote:
KingOfTheHill84 wrote:

give Chad a call he'd be perfect to help the development of a young QB

green24

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingOfTheHill84 wrote:
green24 wrote:
KingOfTheHill84 wrote:
ekill08x wrote:
KingOfTheHill84 wrote:

give Chad a call he'd be perfect to help the development of a young QB

I absolutely agree. Chad would make a great QB coach.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: