Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jay Gruden as a Head Coach?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DawgX

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:05 am    Post subject: Jay Gruden as a Head Coach? Reply with quote

Some Browns fans (myself included) are looking at potential head coach candidates because most of us are assuming Shurmur will be gone at the end of the season. One possible candidate that has been brought up is Jay Gruden. My question is this: do you guys think he'd be a good head coach? And why or why not?
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He will make a good offensive minded head coach, i would think. How that would play out in the AFCN is anybody's guess.
Beck Bristow

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you can't have him. Keep walking.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beck Bristow wrote:

My sentiments exactly.

I like Jay, but he's probably not ready for that. This is only his second year as an OC in the big time. Needs more seasoning first.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And Mike Brown would deny him the chance anyway, league rules be (ignored).
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
Beck Bristow wrote:

My sentiments exactly.

I like Jay, but he's probably not ready for that. This is only his second year as an OC in the big time. Needs more seasoning first.

Agree with 'J' here.

Gruden did a special job last year all things considered, with a rookie QB and little or no camp. Maybe Gruden has had a little 'sophomore slump' this year, and hasn't exactly lit it up in the AFC-N games this year, and with teams having more film of his offence. Run game hasn't worked and a #2 reciever hasn't stepped-up yet; (I think personally its Marvin Jones gig when he's healthy).

Thing I can't get a fix on is how much Lewis is influencing the play-calling, because at times this year, everyone knows were going run-run-pass (and punt); its just too predictable. It looks too much like 'The Bratkowski Show' out there for my liking. I thought Gruden would be mixing it up much more.

Just re-watched the MIN v SEA game from last week. Adrian Peterson amd Marshawn Lynch were both superb, but so was the run play-calling. Traps, draws, pitch-outs, stretch plays, reverses, sweeps, middle screens, the lot.

In BJGE we don't have a AP or a Lynch, but I'd certainly like to see more variety in our run game.

To answer the poster, I don't think Gruden is ready for a HC gig yet, and on that basis, I'm cool with him being the new Browns HC. Reckon its got Bill Cowhers name all over it anyways. Certainly, as a Bengal fan I'd prefer to be looking across at Gruden over Cowher next year.

I'd personally like to see Zimmer as our new HC next year, but I know that ain't gonna happen anytime soon.

Wouldn't be surprised if Jay end up in Philly next year coaching OC under his brother. Worked out pretty well for them in Tampa
Beck Bristow

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
theJ wrote:
Beck Bristow wrote:

My sentiments exactly.

Agree with 'J' here.

Gruden did a special job last year all things considered, with a rookie QB and little or no camp. Maybe Gruden has had a little 'sophomore slump' this year, and hasn't exactly lit it up in the AFC-N games this year, and with teams having more film of his offence. Run game hasn't worked and a #2 reciever hasn't stepped-up yet; (I think personally its Marvin Jones gig when he's healthy).

Thing I can't get a fix on is how much Lewis is influencing the play-calling, because at times this year, everyone knows were going run-run-pass (and punt); its just too predictable. It looks too much like 'The Bratkowski Show' out there for my liking. I thought Gruden would be mixing it up much more.

Just re-watched the MIN v SEA game from last week. Adrian Peterson amd Marshawn Lynch were both superb, but so was the run play-calling. Traps, draws, pitch-outs, stretch plays, reverses, sweeps, middle screens, the lot.

In BJGE we don't have a AP or a Lynch, but I'd certainly like to see more variety in our run game.

To answer the poster, I don't think Gruden is ready for a HC gig yet, and on that basis, I'm cool with him being the new Browns HC. Reckon its got Bill Cowhers name all over it anyways. Certainly, as a Bengal fan I'd prefer to be looking across at Gruden over Cowher next year.

I'd personally like to see Zimmer as our new HC next year, but I know that ain't gonna happen anytime soon.

Wouldn't be surprised if Jay end up in Philly next year coaching OC under his brother. Worked out pretty well for them in Tampa

Mike Brown would sooner make Jay his starting QB than let him take a sideways job.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: