Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 10 GDT - Giants @ Bengals - Lets just hope for a win...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
reckless123

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:
Because of what we see on TV, it's easy to pin the blame on Eli because he's the one with the ball in his hands too long. What we don't see is what is happening down field. At this point in his career, I'm going to give Eli the benefit of the doubt and say that nobody is getting open. You see him scanning the field and going through his progressions. He's never been one to be afraid to pull the trigger when he sees an opening. So either Eli has gone blind, or our receivers aren't creating separation. The announcers showed that Cruz was getting doubled. Nicks got his receptions, but couldn't get over the top for a big play - he still doesn't look like his old self. And beyond that we really had nobody that is a consistent threat. The passing woes are only compounded by the fact that our running game couldn't get going.

Water under the bridge, but Manningham's speed would really be useful right now. I know I was one of the first ones to want to show him the door. But, right now we don't have a real speed threat on the the perimeter. Just for a moment, the crazy thought of playing Jernigan crossed my mind just so we can possibly create some separation.

Another thing that is concerning to me is that defenses are picking up on what we are running before the snap. Apparently the Pittsburgh Steelers got clues from something that Hynoski was doing. And yesterday the announcers mentioned that Lewis said you can pick up clues based on the Giants formations. That is very concerning because there is no easier way to stop an offense.

Looking at the schedules, the Cowboys are going to be closing in fast. Hopefully a sense of urgency will light another fire under Coughlin and the players.

I know we have played 10 weeks in a row but cmon that performance was horrible. Eli is due for a break and so is our entire offense. They put our defense in horrible positions. Our defense has been solid the past couple of weeks.

Manningham isnt the problem although he is missed because we need that 3rd receiver to emerge. Hixon has done decent but hes not been consistent.

What is happening is that teams are doubling cruz and nicks (particularly cruz) but hakeem isnt healthy so there is more pressure on cruz. If we're still like this vs the pack then im going to seriously concerned because there would be no excuses then and hopefully our defense gets healthy like KP, Williams and Rivers.

"I'm not in the danger, I AM the DANGER" - Heisenberg
GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fluhartz wrote:
minutemancl wrote:
Gmen wrote:
Because of what we see on TV, it's easy to pin the blame on Eli because he's the one with the ball in his hands too long. What we don't see is what is happening down field. At this point in his career, I'm going to give Eli the benefit of the doubt and say that nobody is getting open. You see him scanning the field and going through his progressions. He's never been one to be afraid to pull the trigger when he sees an opening. So either Eli has gone blind, or our receivers aren't creating separation. The announcers showed that Cruz was getting doubled. Nicks got his receptions, but couldn't get over the top for a big play - he still doesn't look like his old self. And beyond that we really had nobody that is a consistent threat. The passing woes are only compounded by the fact that our running game couldn't get going.

Water under the bridge, but Manningham's speed would really be useful right now. I know I was one of the first ones to want to show him the door. But, right now we don't have a real speed threat on the the perimeter. Just for a moment, the crazy thought of playing Jernigan crossed my mind just so we can possibly create some separation.

Another thing that is concerning to me is that defenses are picking up on what we are running before the snap. Apparently the Pittsburgh Steelers got clues from something that Hynoski was doing. And yesterday the announcers mentioned that Lewis said you can pick up clues based on the Giants formations. That is very concerning because there is no easier way to stop an offense.

Looking at the schedules, the Cowboys are going to be closing in fast. Hopefully a sense of urgency will light another fire under Coughlin and the players.

You are definitely right on about the WRs. I think the blame for this skid lies mostly on them and the coaches, actually. No separation from the receivers and the coaches are making no adjustments while opposing teams are going into the game touting to the media that they have us figured out.

if you get out coached by Marvin, its a bad day...
I was stunned by the game yesterday.. Not that we won, just how the game went.. Giants will probably be fine, just a very bad month...

FIFY.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing is Eli isnt just making bad decisions when nobody gets open, he also completly muffs it when they do get open. He misses people left and right and every throw thats not a bomb isnt placed were it should. Hes been playing poorly since the 2nd half of the 9ers game and he needs to get it together, fast.
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Standard Giant slump through November before going 4-0 to finish the season and then making a run through the playoffs and adding another Lombardi - not sure why yall are so worked up or worried. Not like the Boys are going to give you a challenge for the division Laughing

Sig courtesy of mack.

Last edited by MaddHatter on Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
NYGiantsman10

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xfaxtor wrote:
The thing is Eli isnt just making bad decisions when nobody gets open, he also completly muffs it when they do get open. He misses people left and right and every throw thats not a bomb isnt placed were it should. Hes been playing poorly since the 2nd half of the 9ers game and he needs to get it together, fast.

These picks he's been throwing have been really derpy decisions.

It blows my mind that this offense with this much talent is underachieving so badly. They should be a well oiled machine like the Packers, Saints, or Pats. Instead it's the usual Jekyll and Hyde routine. So bleeping annoying.

Like M1KE said the only good news is that we dont have to friggin watch this garbage next week.
D-TURBULENTGMEN

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

got the game DVR'd Haven't even had a chance to view the game yet , i will watch it tho in it's full entire unadulterated gory , since there's no giant's game this up coming sunday i will be viewing this game sunday , i'll probably be grabbing some drinks as the progression of the game goes on , it's gonna be a tough one but hey that's how us die hards do it . Cool

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
Page 12 of 12

Jump to: