Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Really Early 2013 Draft Database
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sacks98

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
If the allegations hold up than I doubt it hurts his stock too much. Scouts aren't going to penalize him for getting out of a bad situation. He'll need to test well at the Combine regardless.

In my opinion i don't think it will hurt his stock only because this isn't a drug or alcohol related incident and he wasn't showing a diva attitude that anyone knows about until Leach got there and starting throwing his players under the bus.
union hawk fan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Life long coug and hawk fan here, Wilson had been having a bad year, yes he had put up good stats but most of those came against UNLV, Colorado and Eastern. He had dropped a lot of balls this season and had been pouting on the sideline during games when he didn't get the ball. Then he walked out twenty minutes into a team conditioning workout and sent out that statement claiming "abuse" two hours before the UCLA game. The investigations are supposed to be done Friday and I will be interested in what happens to Wilson's draft stock if no cases of abuse are found.
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
If the allegations hold up than I doubt it hurts his stock too much. Scouts aren't going to penalize him for getting out of a bad situation. He'll need to test well at the Combine regardless.

Which he will. This guy is every bit as talented as Hunter and Allen and i'd take him over either, especially in later rounds. If he slips in the draft for "character concerns" he'll turn out just like Mike Williams (TB) out of syracuse. Kid is a beast

I could see him ending up like Mike Williams (who has actually been mediocre since his rookie season) but you're nuts if you think Wilson is on the same level as Allen or Hunter. Wilson is definitely in the tier 2 of WR prospects.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
imani wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:

Which he will. This guy is every bit as talented as Hunter and Allen and i'd take him over either, especially in later rounds. If he slips in the draft for "character concerns" he'll turn out just like Mike Williams (TB) out of syracuse. Kid is a beast

I could see him ending up like Mike Williams (who has actually been mediocre since his rookie season) but you're nuts if you think Wilson is on the same level as Allen or Hunter. Wilson is definitely in the tier 2 of WR prospects.
Mike Williams has been great this year, he's just not a number 1 WR. I think the same is true of Wilson. You better at least have an equally talented WR opposite of him.

^Rammy
Biggest Irvn, Michael, and ET Supporter

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'll put the 2013 Seahawks one spot over the 2008 Steelers on the Top 10
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
imani wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:

Mike Williams has been great this year, he's just not a number 1 WR. I think the same is true of Wilson. You better at least have an equally talented WR opposite of him.

Wilson absolutely has #1 ability, just like Mike Williams did coming out of Syracuse.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
imani wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:

Wilson absolutely has #1 ability, just like Mike Williams did coming out of Syracuse.
I would not be happy with either as my number 1 as long as my other receiver was just as good (ie Sidney Rice).

^Rammy

BlaqOptic wrote:
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
imani wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:

I would not be happy with either as my number 1 as long as my other receiver was just as good (ie Sidney Rice).

I wouldn't be happy with Williams as my #1 either. He's proven that he's nothing more than a #2 in this league. Marquess Wilson on the other hand could develop into a dynamite #1. He's already shown the elite athleticism and hands. He's a good route runner that goes up and makes the difficult play. I'm not really sure what you're not seeing from his play that tells you he could be a #1 in this league.
imani

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
imani wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:

He's definitely on the same level. You're nuts

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
imani wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:

He's definitely on the same level. You're nuts

No. Wilson was never mentioned as a potential top 15 pick the way Allen, Hunter, and even Robert Woods have been even before his departure from WSU.
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the college season winding down, which players are you guys leading the bandwagon for?

I'm the official leader of the:

Chris Jones, DT/DE, Bowling Green
Terrance Williams, WR, Baylor

and
Quinton Patton, WR, La. Tech

Bandwagons. Very Happy
hawksman81

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want Tavon Austin. Bad.

Dude is so explosive.

SaveourSonics wrote:
I love D!ck

JustisM wrote:
Why'd they turn the lights on?
Big Ben is more effective in the dark.
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hawksman81 wrote:

Dude is so explosive.

Yea, he's a really good prospect. Not sure he fits what we're looking for but some team is sure to get a baller.
hawksman81

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
hawksman81 wrote:

Dude is so explosive.

Yea, he's a really good prospect. Not sure he fits what we're looking for but some team is sure to get a baller.

Sadly. Sad

DaRick Rogers is one I think would fit very well in our offense.

SaveourSonics wrote:
I love D!ck

JustisM wrote:
Why'd they turn the lights on?
Big Ben is more effective in the dark.
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hawksman81 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
hawksman81 wrote:

Dude is so explosive.

Sadly. Sad

DaRick Rogers is one I think would fit very well in our offense.

Too much of a possession guy which we're already pretty chalk full of. We should be looking more for a size/speed combo guy. Marquess Wilson, Terrance Williams, Justin Hunter, etc. are the guys I'm looking at (in no order). I don't even want to draft a WR if we don't get a guy like that. Just go after Bowe or Wallace in free agency.
Tatupu_64

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post draft talk in here

^Rammy

BlaqOptic wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 9 of 21

Jump to: