Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT: San Francisco 49ers vs Chicago Bears
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 37, 38, 39  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who Takes It?
49ers
71%
 71%  [ 20 ]
Bears
14%
 14%  [ 4 ]
Tie
14%
 14%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 28

Author Message
SoCalNiner


Moderator
Joined: 13 Nov 2007
Posts: 23105
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrissooner49er wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
With Alex looking for a 2nd opinion, there's a good chance that the first one didn't clear him.

Say Cutler doesn't start and it's Campbell. If that's the situation, would you guys want to risk Alex getting hurt again? Or would you guys be comfortable with Kap under center going against a very shaky Campbell?


If Alex does not get to play, I will be sweating bullets each and every time Kaep takes the snap. Granted, he has had limited time, but he has shown a tendency to fumble. This D Chicago has is probably the worst D on our schedule for Kaep to face and it may have to be his first start. Yes, I am nervous. I know he is VERY capable of making a great play with feet or arm, but I also know he just doesn't yet have the ball security we would all like to see. Anxious


Agreed, defenders came very close to him so many times last week that I was already sweating bullets. That was probably the biggest roller coaster of a game since the NFCCG.

I may be looking into it too much, but Harbaugh saying that Alex is better this week kind of worries me. History has shown that Harbaugh doesn't give anything when it comes to injury related news, and when it sounds good, normally the guy sits the week after.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
49ersfan


Joined: 21 Apr 2007
Posts: 6613
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something to keep in mind: The Bears have an average QBR against them of 57. The highest any QB has had against them is 82 with Rodgers. Alex's season average is 104, Kaep's is 86.4.

Going to be interesting to see who wins out. QBR is an efficiency stat so its going to be low for the Bears D with all the INT's they force. But its not like QB's have been overly productive yardage or TD wise against them either.
_________________
-Not taking this off until the 49ers win #6
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ataal


Joined: 17 Oct 2011
Posts: 2669
Location: Avondale, Arizona
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ersfan wrote:
Something to keep in mind: The Bears have an average QBR against them of 57. The highest any QB has had against them is 82 with Rodgers. Alex's season average is 104, Kaep's is 86.4.

Going to be interesting to see who wins out. QBR is an efficiency stat so its going to be low for the Bears D with all the INT's they force. But its not like QB's have been overly productive yardage or TD wise against them either.


Interesting angle to look at. Efficiency does seem to be key to success against the Bears. Rodgers is second in QBR at 107'ish, one rank up from Alex. I like Alex in this game more than Colin. But, I don't want any further injury if he's not 100%, either.

What I'm hoping for is that we can sustain drives, even if we're only putting up field goals early. If our D can step it up and force a lot of 3-and-outs, the Bears D will gas out. That spells a win for us. We absolutely must sustain long drives. Even if we're just dink-and-dunking, and running.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
J-ALL-DAY


Joined: 17 Oct 2007
Posts: 27765
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Eric Branch ‏@Eric_Branch
Report: #49ers feel 'pretty good' Alex Smith will play vs. Chicago. http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2012/11/14/report-49ers-feel-pretty-good-alex-smith-will-start-vs-chicago/

_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NinerNation21


Joined: 05 Feb 2007
Posts: 1747
Location: South Central PA
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Quote:
Eric Branch ‏@Eric_Branch
Report: #49ers feel 'pretty good' Alex Smith will play vs. Chicago. http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2012/11/14/report-49ers-feel-pretty-good-alex-smith-will-start-vs-chicago/


Thats great to hear. We really need Alex back in there. I really like what I see from Kaep but this game is just too huge to not have all our cards on the table.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
SoCalNiner


Moderator
Joined: 13 Nov 2007
Posts: 23105
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex Smith cleared for non-contact drills

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3119/alex-smith

Quote:
ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Smith has passed his concussion tests. He's now on track to get in at least a limited session in Thursday's return to practice, and barring a setback, to start against Chicago. Don't drop Colin Kaepernick just yet if you're a Smith owner in a two-QB league, but plan on Smith being under center. Nov 14 - 5:23 PM


Great news!
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
J-ALL-DAY


Joined: 17 Oct 2007
Posts: 27765
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows
Alex Smith on whether he saw multiple neurologists: "No, I only saw the neurologist up at Stanford."

_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
steadypimpin


Joined: 01 Jan 2009
Posts: 9582
Location: Rockville, Maryland
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NinerNation21 wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Quote:
Eric Branch ‏@Eric_Branch
Report: #49ers feel 'pretty good' Alex Smith will play vs. Chicago. http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2012/11/14/report-49ers-feel-pretty-good-alex-smith-will-start-vs-chicago/


Thats great to hear. We really need Alex back in there. I really like what I see from Kaep but this game is just too huge to not have all our cards on the table.
to be honest I'd love to see what our qb of the future looks like against a beast defense like the Bears. That would be a great test.
_________________

Thanks to IDOG_det on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Superman(DH23)


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 19294
Location: Abdi on the sick sig
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ersfan wrote:
Ataal wrote:
Does anyone have a statistic on our record in prime time games? It seems like we've won almost all of them in the Harbaugh era, minus Thanksgiving last year, of course.


TNF vs Ravens- 16-6 L
MNF vs Steelers- 20-3 W
SNF vs Lions- 27-19 W
TNF vs Seahawks- 13-6 W
MNF vs Cardinals- 24-3 W

4-1 overall.

We play CHI on MNF next week, and NE on SNF in Week 15.
Lovie Smith is 10-1 on MNF, and Cutler is 6-1 (which only matters if he plays)
_________________

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gridirongreat#9


Joined: 20 Dec 2006
Posts: 7926
Location: Ask your mom!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
49ersfan wrote:
Ataal wrote:
Does anyone have a statistic on our record in prime time games? It seems like we've won almost all of them in the Harbaugh era, minus Thanksgiving last year, of course.


TNF vs Ravens- 16-6 L
MNF vs Steelers- 20-3 W
SNF vs Lions- 27-19 W
TNF vs Seahawks- 13-6 W
MNF vs Cardinals- 24-3 W

4-1 overall.

We play CHI on MNF next week, and NE on SNF in Week 15.
Lovie Smith is 10-1 on MNF, and Cutler is 6-1 (which only matters if he plays)



That one loss wouldnt happen to be against us would it. Laughing
_________________

DirtyJersey9er wrote:
I wish the friends of some girls I've talked to at bars/clubs were this bad at blocking.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NextBigThing


Joined: 26 Oct 2009
Posts: 22782
Location: Beat Of My Own Drum
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everybody knows that the Superfreak always brings it on Monday Night! The other team mide as well not even show up! Mr. Green
_________________
A sunny disposition is worth more than fortune. Young people should know that it can be cultivated; that the mind like the body can be moved from the shade into sunshine. Thine own reproach alone do fear
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
J-ALL-DAY


Joined: 17 Oct 2007
Posts: 27765
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:
Everybody knows that the Superfreak always brings it on Monday Night! The other team mide as well not even show up! Mr. Green


Yessir, I can't wait man time to fully UNLEASH The Freak. However, this week I believe it will be Vernon Davis time. BUT, a couple of shots to Randy Dandy won't hurt.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Superman(DH23)


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 19294
Location: Abdi on the sick sig
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gridirongreat#9 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
49ersfan wrote:
Ataal wrote:
Does anyone have a statistic on our record in prime time games? It seems like we've won almost all of them in the Harbaugh era, minus Thanksgiving last year, of course.


TNF vs Ravens- 16-6 L
MNF vs Steelers- 20-3 W
SNF vs Lions- 27-19 W
TNF vs Seahawks- 13-6 W
MNF vs Cardinals- 24-3 W

4-1 overall.

We play CHI on MNF next week, and NE on SNF in Week 15.
Lovie Smith is 10-1 on MNF, and Cutler is 6-1 (which only matters if he plays)



That one loss wouldnt happen to be against us would it. Laughing
No it was last year against Detroit, in maybe Jay's best game ever.
_________________

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
y2lamanaki


Moderator
FF Fanatic
Joined: 03 Jan 2006
Posts: 10306
Location: Lancaster, PA
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gridirongreat#9 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
49ersfan wrote:
Ataal wrote:
Does anyone have a statistic on our record in prime time games? It seems like we've won almost all of them in the Harbaugh era, minus Thanksgiving last year, of course.


TNF vs Ravens- 16-6 L
MNF vs Steelers- 20-3 W
SNF vs Lions- 27-19 W
TNF vs Seahawks- 13-6 W
MNF vs Cardinals- 24-3 W

4-1 overall.

We play CHI on MNF next week, and NE on SNF in Week 15.
Lovie Smith is 10-1 on MNF, and Cutler is 6-1 (which only matters if he plays)



That one loss wouldnt happen to be against us would it. Laughing


I believe you're thinking of this:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200911120sfo.htm
_________________


Frank Gore Career Rushing List Tracker:

*Currently Ranked 26th All-Time
*Yards needed to pass #25, Eddie George: 51
*Yards needed to enter Top 20: 578
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Chrissooner49er


Joined: 03 Feb 2005
Posts: 4062
Location: Tulsa, OK
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ataal wrote:
49ersfan wrote:
Something to keep in mind: The Bears have an average QBR against them of 57. The highest any QB has had against them is 82 with Rodgers. Alex's season average is 104, Kaep's is 86.4.

Going to be interesting to see who wins out. QBR is an efficiency stat so its going to be low for the Bears D with all the INT's they force. But its not like QB's have been overly productive yardage or TD wise against them either.


Interesting angle to look at. Efficiency does seem to be key to success against the Bears. Rodgers is second in QBR at 107'ish, one rank up from Alex. I like Alex in this game more than Colin. But, I don't want any further injury if he's not 100%, either.

What I'm hoping for is that we can sustain drives, even if we're only putting up field goals early. If our D can step it up and force a lot of 3-and-outs, the Bears D will gas out. That spells a win for us. We absolutely must sustain long drives. Even if we're just dink-and-dunking, and running.


This exactly. Obvious of course, but if we dominate time of possession, we will wear down that D.
_________________
fa·nat·ic (f-ntk)
A person marked or motivated by an extreme, unreasoning enthusiasm, as for a cause.
Draft wishes:1st-Beckham/Cooks,Fuller/Verrett;2nd-T. Murphy,Moncrief,Su'a-Filo,M. Smith;3rd-Abbrederis,Ben Gardner,J.Watkins,T. Reilly...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 37, 38, 39  Next
Page 5 of 39

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group