Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT: San Francisco 49ers vs Chicago Bears
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 37, 38, 39  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who Takes It?
49ers
71%
 71%  [ 20 ]
Bears
14%
 14%  [ 4 ]
Tie
14%
 14%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 28

SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrissooner49er wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
With Alex looking for a 2nd opinion, there's a good chance that the first one didn't clear him.

Say Cutler doesn't start and it's Campbell. If that's the situation, would you guys want to risk Alex getting hurt again? Or would you guys be comfortable with Kap under center going against a very shaky Campbell?

If Alex does not get to play, I will be sweating bullets each and every time Kaep takes the snap. Granted, he has had limited time, but he has shown a tendency to fumble. This D Chicago has is probably the worst D on our schedule for Kaep to face and it may have to be his first start. Yes, I am nervous. I know he is VERY capable of making a great play with feet or arm, but I also know he just doesn't yet have the ball security we would all like to see. Anxious

Agreed, defenders came very close to him so many times last week that I was already sweating bullets. That was probably the biggest roller coaster of a game since the NFCCG.

I may be looking into it too much, but Harbaugh saying that Alex is better this week kind of worries me. History has shown that Harbaugh doesn't give anything when it comes to injury related news, and when it sounds good, normally the guy sits the week after.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something to keep in mind: The Bears have an average QBR against them of 57. The highest any QB has had against them is 82 with Rodgers. Alex's season average is 104, Kaep's is 86.4.

Going to be interesting to see who wins out. QBR is an efficiency stat so its going to be low for the Bears D with all the INT's they force. But its not like QB's have been overly productive yardage or TD wise against them either.
-Not taking this off until the 49ers win #6
Ataal

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ersfan wrote:
Something to keep in mind: The Bears have an average QBR against them of 57. The highest any QB has had against them is 82 with Rodgers. Alex's season average is 104, Kaep's is 86.4.

Going to be interesting to see who wins out. QBR is an efficiency stat so its going to be low for the Bears D with all the INT's they force. But its not like QB's have been overly productive yardage or TD wise against them either.

Interesting angle to look at. Efficiency does seem to be key to success against the Bears. Rodgers is second in QBR at 107'ish, one rank up from Alex. I like Alex in this game more than Colin. But, I don't want any further injury if he's not 100%, either.

What I'm hoping for is that we can sustain drives, even if we're only putting up field goals early. If our D can step it up and force a lot of 3-and-outs, the Bears D will gas out. That spells a win for us. We absolutely must sustain long drives. Even if we're just dink-and-dunking, and running.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Eric Branch ‏@Eric_Branch
Report: #49ers feel 'pretty good' Alex Smith will play vs. Chicago. http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2012/11/14/report-49ers-feel-pretty-good-alex-smith-will-start-vs-chicago/

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Quote:
Report: #49ers feel 'pretty good' Alex Smith will play vs. Chicago. http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2012/11/14/report-49ers-feel-pretty-good-alex-smith-will-start-vs-chicago/

Thats great to hear. We really need Alex back in there. I really like what I see from Kaep but this game is just too huge to not have all our cards on the table.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex Smith cleared for non-contact drills

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3119/alex-smith

Quote:
ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Smith has passed his concussion tests. He's now on track to get in at least a limited session in Thursday's return to practice, and barring a setback, to start against Chicago. Don't drop Colin Kaepernick just yet if you're a Smith owner in a two-QB league, but plan on Smith being under center. Nov 14 - 5:23 PM

Great news!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows
Alex Smith on whether he saw multiple neurologists: "No, I only saw the neurologist up at Stanford."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NinerNation21 wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Quote:

Thats great to hear. We really need Alex back in there. I really like what I see from Kaep but this game is just too huge to not have all our cards on the table.
to be honest I'd love to see what our qb of the future looks like against a beast defense like the Bears. That would be a great test.

Thanks to IDOG_det on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ersfan wrote:
Ataal wrote:
Does anyone have a statistic on our record in prime time games? It seems like we've won almost all of them in the Harbaugh era, minus Thanksgiving last year, of course.

TNF vs Ravens- 16-6 L
MNF vs Steelers- 20-3 W
SNF vs Lions- 27-19 W
TNF vs Seahawks- 13-6 W
MNF vs Cardinals- 24-3 W

4-1 overall.

We play CHI on MNF next week, and NE on SNF in Week 15.
Lovie Smith is 10-1 on MNF, and Cutler is 6-1 (which only matters if he plays)

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
Gridirongreat#9

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
49ersfan wrote:
Ataal wrote:
Does anyone have a statistic on our record in prime time games? It seems like we've won almost all of them in the Harbaugh era, minus Thanksgiving last year, of course.

TNF vs Ravens- 16-6 L
MNF vs Steelers- 20-3 W
SNF vs Lions- 27-19 W
TNF vs Seahawks- 13-6 W
MNF vs Cardinals- 24-3 W

4-1 overall.

That one loss wouldnt happen to be against us would it. Laughing

DirtyJersey9er wrote:
I wish the friends of some girls I've talked to at bars/clubs were this bad at blocking.
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everybody knows that the Superfreak always brings it on Monday Night! The other team mide as well not even show up! Mr. Green
A sunny disposition is worth more than fortune. Young people should know that it can be cultivated; that the mind like the body can be moved from the shade into sunshine. Thine own reproach alone do fear
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:
Everybody knows that the Superfreak always brings it on Monday Night! The other team mide as well not even show up! Mr. Green

Yessir, I can't wait man time to fully UNLEASH The Freak. However, this week I believe it will be Vernon Davis time. BUT, a couple of shots to Randy Dandy won't hurt.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gridirongreat#9 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
49ersfan wrote:
Ataal wrote:

TNF vs Ravens- 16-6 L
MNF vs Steelers- 20-3 W
SNF vs Lions- 27-19 W
TNF vs Seahawks- 13-6 W
MNF vs Cardinals- 24-3 W

4-1 overall.

No it was last year against Detroit, in maybe Jay's best game ever.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
y2lamanaki

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gridirongreat#9 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
49ersfan wrote:
Ataal wrote:

TNF vs Ravens- 16-6 L
MNF vs Steelers- 20-3 W
SNF vs Lions- 27-19 W
TNF vs Seahawks- 13-6 W
MNF vs Cardinals- 24-3 W

4-1 overall.

I believe you're thinking of this:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200911120sfo.htm

Frank Gore Career Rushing List Tracker:

*Currently Ranked 26th All-Time
*Yards needed to pass #25, Eddie George: 51
*Yards needed to enter Top 20: 578
Chrissooner49er

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ataal wrote:
49ersfan wrote:

Interesting angle to look at. Efficiency does seem to be key to success against the Bears. Rodgers is second in QBR at 107'ish, one rank up from Alex. I like Alex in this game more than Colin. But, I don't want any further injury if he's not 100%, either.

What I'm hoping for is that we can sustain drives, even if we're only putting up field goals early. If our D can step it up and force a lot of 3-and-outs, the Bears D will gas out. That spells a win for us. We absolutely must sustain long drives. Even if we're just dink-and-dunking, and running.

This exactly. Obvious of course, but if we dominate time of possession, we will wear down that D.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 37, 38, 39  Next
Page 5 of 39

Jump to: