Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

A Song Of Ice And Fire Thread (READ PG 1 !!!)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 85, 86, 87 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Greg_Jennings

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm watching the show again. I might be drunk, but this is the best series of anything I've ever seen. So much depth, so much under the surface. Every character is defendable, and I mena EVERY one. Even people like Cersei and Joffrey. Every character makes sense.

And the SUBTEXT! oh the subtext. Eddard keeping Leanna's promise all these years. Cat harboring hatred for Ned all these years for Jon Snow, when he isn't even his son. So tragic.

I LOVE THIS STUFF!

In the end, it wasn't guns or bombs that defeated the aliens. It was the humblest of all God's creatures, the Tyrannosaurus Rex.
Greg_Jennings

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Melisandre, you sly, sly woman.

Welcome back Mance Rayder, proud Wildling badass. I only wish I could have known Rattleshirt was burning to death when I was reading it, would have been more enjoyable.

In the end, it wasn't guns or bombs that defeated the aliens. It was the humblest of all God's creatures, the Tyrannosaurus Rex.
cmstophe

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

samgurl775 wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:
As for Jaime, if I hadn't seen the show, I would probably have viewed his character in a much different light. He was certainly arrogant in the books, but once his hand was chopped off, he changed drastically. I do agree with book readers that the show crossed the line. Kinslaying, no matter how distant, just isn't part of Jaime's nature, and I feel they could have done something different with that.
Do you remember in the show thread when I said Jaime would never kill his cousin, you said 'he just did'? Wink I'm just giving you a hard time Ruskie, I'm really glad you're enjoying the books. And yeah, Arya's "death" had the biggest impact on me as well, I just remember thinking "Did Arya seriously just die?!"

lol, I knew Ruskie (and others) would agree about Jaime once they read the books.

The show definitely failed on that front.
THE DUKE

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cmstophe wrote:
samgurl775 wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:
As for Jaime, if I hadn't seen the show, I would probably have viewed his character in a much different light. He was certainly arrogant in the books, but once his hand was chopped off, he changed drastically. I do agree with book readers that the show crossed the line. Kinslaying, no matter how distant, just isn't part of Jaime's nature, and I feel they could have done something different with that.
Do you remember in the show thread when I said Jaime would never kill his cousin, you said 'he just did'? :wink: I'm just giving you a hard time Ruskie, I'm really glad you're enjoying the books. And yeah, Arya's "death" had the biggest impact on me as well, I just remember thinking "Did Arya seriously just die?!"

lol, I knew Ruskie (and others) would agree about Jaime once they read the books.

The show definitely failed on that front.

Yep, not just kind of out of character, but completely off. Even the cousin that got offed being chased by the brave companions who he couldn't stand he would have fought to protect. He is one of the few people in the series who actually do care about their honor.

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
Packman Luke

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greg_Jennings wrote:

Welcome back Mance Rayder, proud Wildling badass. I only wish I could have known Rattleshirt was burning to death when I was reading it, would have been more enjoyable.

I had the same thought. Laughing

It was one twist I really didn't see coming. Made the strange emphasis on Mance's last moments (including him screaming, "I'm not the king!") make sense. Kind of a funny scene in a morbid sort of way.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packman Luke wrote:
Greg_Jennings wrote:

I had the same thought. Laughing

It was one twist I really didn't see coming. Made the strange emphasis on Mance's last moments (including him screaming, "I'm not the king!") make sense. Kind of a funny scene in a morbid sort of way.

I figured out it was an imposter right away. Mance wouldn't ever go out like that, and it was obvious. However, I didn't know it was rattleshirt burning, and I thought it was Jon himself who made the switch in order to save Mance from Melisandre's spells.

cmstophe

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I knew it wasn't Mance but I wasn't sure who it was or how the imposter had been pulled off.
NYGiantsman10

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone here needs to be in the Game of Thrones thread during the Red Wedding episode. Its gonna be a disaster Laughing
Greg_Jennings

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NYGiantsman10 wrote:
Everyone here needs to be in the Game of Thrones thread during the Red Wedding episode. Its gonna be a disaster Laughing

oh, believe me, I will

THE DUKE

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greg_Jennings wrote:
NYGiantsman10 wrote:

oh, believe me, I will

My response will be this about an hour after it airs,

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

samgurl775

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NYGiantsman10 wrote:
Yeah, we need to invade Laughing

Troy Brown wrote:
But thing is, you're like half-girl. You like sports and seemingly think logically.
Packman Luke

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bet they change something big about it. Maybe Cat lives. I hope, hope, hope, hope that's not it though.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packman Luke wrote:
I bet they change something big about it. Maybe Cat lives. I hope, hope, hope, hope that's not it though.
I know they've messed with a lot of things, including some character deaths, but do you think they'd actually go with something that big? Could you imagine if they just went off on their own and had Robb survive? Laughing

Troy Brown wrote:
But thing is, you're like half-girl. You like sports and seemingly think logically.
THE DUKE

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

samgurl775 wrote:
Packman Luke wrote:
I know they've messed with a lot of things, including some character deaths, but do you think they'd actually go with something that big? Could you imagine if they just went off on their own and had Robb survive? :lol:

This is the episode GRRM is directing, I doubt too much gets changed.

Packman Luke

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Letting Robb Stark live would cause a riot, and I'd be right there flipping news vans with the rest of you. Fortunately, I very much doubt Robb survives. It seems fairly obvious that they have committed to making him as BA as possible to set this up. I guess I could see the stakes being high enough that they don't touch anything; I imagine the build up will tell us a lot.

I'm trying to think of moments in TV/book series that compare to The Red Wedding. I can think of moments where a good number of major characters die, but that always seems to be expected or at least less impactful.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 85, 86, 87 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 86 of 100

Jump to: