Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

News/Info Thread 3 (Foles' job, Vick officially benched)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 97, 98, 99  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phire

Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Foleswalker interview from the locker room.

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
Nabbs4u

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

baconrad3 wrote:

Idk why you have such a problem with Nicks beig better than Maclin....He is. Get over it....its come to the point of being annoying. Ok they have similar stats...that's great. Yes Nicks has injury issues jusy like Maclin does...in fact Nicks has been out a lot this year.

Funny you bring up annoyance. I too get annoyed when a player is constanty hammered for the same exact thing others are unconditionally praised for. It's the definition of hypocrisy. I use Nicks as an example not because I hate him or think Maclin is better but as a measuring stick for comparisons. In one breath you (among others) blast Maclin for being soft, injury prone ,always getting nicks here and there effecting his game. While the same exact thing could be said about a "Top 10 WR" like Hakeem. In one breath you talk about poor hands and hands of stone as though Maclin's two drops on the season are vastly more the Nicks one drop? That's assuming of course he didn't have another drop on Sunday against the Bengals ? You constantly throw away any production Maclin has done over his time with the eagles and call him a bust but praise Nicks in the same breath as a "Top 10 WR" when their stats are Damn near identical outside of a few hundred yards? Despite being the unquestioned #1 option for Eli Manning . It's not so much an infatuation with Maclin or thinking he's the greatest thing since slice bread as a WR but an annoyance with people (in general) who have a hatred for a player that frankly isn't deserved when compared to his pier. What's good for the Goose should apply to the Gander. That's all.

Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last 3 games they've both played on the same field:

Maclin 21 receptions 248 yards 2 touchdowns

Nicks 15 receptions 153 yards 1 touchdown

Maclin has outperformed Nicks in each and every one of those games vs the 2 time Super Bowl Champions.

Not saying Maclin is better, but people sure do like to put a blind eye toward his production.

theuntouchable wrote:

RainbowCarebear wrote:

Bednarik60

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maclin for OPOY

Sig/Art by The Great Silo
#championCHIP #CHIPlife #Sparkles
RandyMossIsBoss

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is getting a little pathetic. While I do admire both of your fresh positivity, I take Nicks over Maclin 10/10 times without hesitation and I would consider anyone who wouldn't as crazy. I understand that your both tired of people bashing Maclin, and you guys claim that the only intention of your posts are to address that, and I believe you, but regardless yours posts are still coming off as if your trying to say you'd rather have Maclin and/or that they're comparable. I have no problem with Maclin, and I've never considered him a bust nor do I bash on him, but Nicks is a top 10 receiver in my eyes and is a decent amount better him. I don't want to get rid of Maclin or anything, but pretending they're in the same tier is foolish IMO.
Phire

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RandyMossIsBoss wrote:
This is getting a little pathetic. While I do admire both of your fresh positivity, I take Nicks over Maclin 10/10 times without hesitation and I would consider anyone who wouldn't as crazy. I understand that your both tired of people bashing Maclin, and you guys claim that the only intention of your posts are to address that, and I believe you, but regardless yours posts are still coming off as if your trying to say you'd rather have Maclin and/or that they're comparable. I have no problem with Maclin, and I've never considered him a bust nor do I bash on him, but Nicks is a top 10 receiver in my eyes and is a decent amount better him. I don't want to get rid of Maclin or anything, but pretending they're in the same tier is foolish IMO.

Nicks is not a top 10 receiver. He isn't even the best receiver on his team.

With that said, I would still take him over Maclin. People here overrate Nicks. Nobody here can say they have watched every Giants game, and so how could you honestly know? You see his highlights and get a skewed version of who he really is.

I'd say they're in the same tier.

theuntouchable wrote:

RainbowCarebear wrote:

Phire

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And before anyone has a heart attack, 'same tier' is subjective and to me, a player who is better than another could still be in the same tier.

I just don't see Nicks as this legendary receiver that some of you guys apparently do. Victor Cruz is by far a superior player on the same roster, and Nicks has played with a 2-time Champion team (although he was only there for 1) and probably a quarterback who will end up in Canton.

And yet, this legendary receiver who has such great hands and always jumps for the ball and makes tough catches has basically the same stats as the ever-soft Maclin? Laughing
I know he isn't a popular player, and yes, he isn't that tough, but the production is the same, and how do you explain the fact that they've produced just about the same amount?

theuntouchable wrote:

RainbowCarebear wrote:

Nabbs4u

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RandyMossIsBoss wrote:

Nicks is a top 10 receiver in my eyes and is a decent amount better him.IMO.

To piggy back off Phire's post which I agree with. What makes Nicks a Top 10 WR?

His Receptions?
His Yardage?
His TD?
His 100 TD performances?
His ability to catch the ball?
His ability to stay healthy and produce?
What, Truely?

I understand the thought process behind choosing one over the other I get it. Personal preference. What I don't get is how one WR is considered a Top 10 WR in the NFL and the other a WR who is easily replaceable , should not be resigned and in some eye's a bust when not one single category listed above he has Dominated over Maclin. We are not talking about Calvin and Fitz type numbers being compared to Maclin but numbers if thrown out there without a name attached no one could tell the difference. One can't be a scrub and the other one of the best at his crafts in the NFL. It just doesn't fly. Either Maclin is not as bad as some have made him out to be or Nick is not this dominate top 10 WR you all have so easy attached to his name.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs, I think it's the missed games.

Oh wait Nicks has 9 missed games to Maclin's 8, forget I said anything.

theuntouchable wrote:

RainbowCarebear wrote:

Phire

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watkins returns and slight o-line shuffle:

Quote:
Danny Watkins returned to practice for the Eagles Wednesday and resumed his role as first-team right guard. But the rest of the offensive line reportedly underwent another change, as King Dunlap, who started at right tackle last week against the Dallas Cowboys, returned to left tackle and Dennis Kelly, who played right guard in Watkins' stead the last three games, moved to right tackle, a more natural position for the fifth-round rookie.

theuntouchable wrote:

RainbowCarebear wrote:

Broadway Joe

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
"Sup, y'all mad?"

Oh man, no one could hate on a guy like that, it's like the Watkins photo on draft day. But I mean he is soft, why can't we call t like it is? Saying he is not as tough it's like saying Morhingweg isn't as good.

Phire wrote:

And yet, this legendary receiver who has such great hands and always jumps for the ball and makes tough catches has basically the same stats as the ever-soft Maclin? Laughing
I know he isn't a popular player, and yes, he isn't that tough, but the production is the same, and how do you explain the fact that they've produced just about the same amount?

It's not wrong that we want him to fight for the ball, he should and it's a flaw of his game that he doesn't. Maybe if he did then no one would believe Nicks is better, because Maclin wouldn't have one ofnhisnbiggest weaknesses.

Thanks to Braylon4MVP for the sig!
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
Watkins returns and slight o-line shuffle:

Quote:
Danny Watkins returned to practice for the Eagles Wednesday and resumed his role as first-team right guard. But the rest of the offensive line reportedly underwent another change, as King Dunlap, who started at right tackle last week against the Dallas Cowboys, returned to left tackle and Dennis Kelly, who played right guard in Watkins' stead the last three games, moved to right tackle, a more natural position for the fifth-round rookie.

That's a solid move I think Kelly will be fine at tackle.
Phire

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't care if you call him soft. In fact, I agree, he isn't tough or strong.

I disagree wholeheartedly and will argue to my death that he's so far behind his contemporaries.

theuntouchable wrote:

RainbowCarebear wrote:

ninjapirate

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:

I disagree wholeheartedly and will argue to my death that he's so far behind his contemporaries.

Maclin is the first eagle younger than me. He will always have that.
Phire

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
Phire wrote:

Maclin is the first eagle younger than me. He will always have that.

Wow, after this year most of the rookies will be younger than me.
Never even thought about an NFL with guys who are younger than me Laughing

theuntouchable wrote:

RainbowCarebear wrote:

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 29 of 99

Jump to: