Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cough's outside the box mock
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:34 pm    Post subject: Cough's outside the box mock Reply with quote

Its time again for another think outside the box Cough Mock. this one has no trades. before you rip my head off hear me out. lol

As of today I think the draft will go

1) kc – geno
2) jax – bark
3) clev – Jarvis
4) pant – luke

5) The Oakland Raiders select “Jake Matthews” Ot from Texas A&M. 6’5- 305lbs

Quote:
Basically for me it was between Jake, D. Moore and Taylor Lewan. imo Taylor doesn’t have the same resume and isn’t as good of a pass blocker as Jake. While Taylor struggled vrs Bama, Jake fared better. Taylor was also exposed vrs NDame and im just not sold on his consistency. Im also not sold on mingo or Montgomery. imo Jake is the second best OT in the draft period and arguably the best. Before you call me crazy hear me out. Jake has owned everyone he has faced this year his hit list includes Dominique Easley (flor), Sam Montgomery (lsu), Barkevious Mingo (lsu), Corey Lemonier (aub). He also did more than hold his own vrs bama and helped them get the win. Yea he owns your fav de/olb prospects. He can play LT but id keep him at RT and let JV get another chance to hold down the LT spot. He is one of the main reasons Johnny Football is doing so well. He was also the only o-lineman from his team this season to earn SEC offensive lineman of the week honors, which he earned in week 5. vrs ark. He was not flagged and graded out as the best of the Texas A&M offensive linemen that week. I think we will keep CP and he will need some protection. Jake is also the ideal OT for the ZBS and a professional cut-blocker who is great in the run and passing game. With DA’s ties to A&M I think he will get exclusive info about Jake.

Ps: http://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-draft/2012/11/2/3592742/film-breakdown-texas-jake-matthews-lsu
-break down of jake matts game vrs lsu’s best

Round 3

Sean Porter, OLB, Texas A&M. 6’2- 230lbs

Quote:
Its no secret we need defensive help especially in the pass rush area. I think we will use more 3-4 sets and DA needs his von miller type of player. This year his numbers are down cause he is being used more as a olb in the 4-3 but is showing his range and coverage ability (had a clutch int vrs bama). He is a solid tackler and a bonified 3down LB.We also need a Lb that can cover so he fills another need there. Porter also faces the best Ot’s in the NCAA everyday in practice which is another reason why he is such a dangerous pass rusher.

Round 4

Sanders Commings, FS/CB, Georgia. 6’2 – 216lbs

Quote:
It also no secret that we need secondary help esp at CB. Sanders can play CB or Safety imo. He had a brush with the law early this year which is knocking his stock down. He had 2 key ints vrs tenn’s crazy passing attack and has been solid the whole season. Great size and speed combo with good football iq.

Round 5

James Gayle, DE, Virginia Tech. 6’4. – 269 lbs

Quote:
we also need a real 4-3 DE that can rush the passer and can also play 3-4 olb in a pinch. Gayle had 38 tackles with 12.5 tackles for a loss and seven sacks last year and was Second-Team All-ACC. He is on pace to match or exceed those #’s this year. One of my fav prospects I think he will be a stud in the nfl. His team has underachieved and his draft stock takes a hit cause of.

Round 6

Mister Cobble, NT, Kentucky. 6’ – 332lbs

Quote:
human bowling ball. With tko and rich more than likely leaving a true NT is needed esp if we go 3-4. Knock on him is his size but I think that works in his advantage leverage wise. Imo he is a poor mans Hampton. He is a solid run stopper that can disrupt the pocket from time to time.

Round 7

Washaun Ealey, RB, Jacksonville State. 5-11 – 215lbs

Quote:
was a beast at Georgia until he got into trouble and transferred. Has a good nose for the endzone and imo is a late round steal. Minus the trouble imo he’d be a first round pick.

Patrick Lewis, OC, Texas A&M. 6’2 – 312lbs

Quote:
Lewis was an honorable mention All-Big 12 selection the past three seasons - as a guard in 2009 and 2010 and as a center in 2011. We can use his versatility on the line and maybe move wiz to OG or have Lewis push for a chance to start at OG.

what do you think?
am i crazy?

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN >>>>>> all of you
RaidersAreOne

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This isnt outside the box really imo. It fills alot of needs. I really like it. Im guessing you lime A&M alot hey? Laughing I like addressing the oline alot, and love the Porter pick.

First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
JTagg7754 on the Sio sig.
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaidersAreOne wrote:
This isnt outside the box really imo. It fills alot of needs. I really like it. Im guessing you lime A&M alot hey? Laughing I like addressing the oline alot, and love the Porter pick.

thanks. when they moved to the sec i made it a point to watch more games and they played vrs top comp dam near every weekend. I really like their DE D. Moore and I would have picked him but without a 2nd the O-line pickings are slim to none in the 3rd round. You know about porter? he has surprised me this year. being in the 4-3 shows how he can play well in any scheme. also the int vrs bama was so clutch.

green24 wrote:
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love it, actually. Ealey will be a good back in the NFL. I wouldn't mind Star lotulelei in the first either.
silver_surfer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree we need an upgrade at RT but we have bigger holes

Our defense needs a stud interior lineman or an edge rusher

We are last in the league in 11 sacks.. We need a force in a edge

1)Jarvis Jones or Wegner. .. I really want Jones!!!!
3)Leon McFadden CB SD State
4)Phillip Thomas FS Fresno State

who knows after that.. Would like to add a couple young prospects in regards to RB (bruiser, OL,DL, heck another corner)

those 3 picks would really help our defense with a shift to 3-4

in FA make a splash by signing a
RT, NT, and a decent corner or two
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
I love it, actually. Ealey will be a good back in the NFL. I wouldn't mind Star lotulelei in the first either.

imagine what cp could do with a capable rt Cool

imo we are set at wr and te for a while why not invest in the oline.

star is cool but ive seen teams still put up big numbers on his team. imo for us right now ot is more valuable.

im high on ealey i just hope he learned his lesson

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

silver_surfer wrote:
I agree we need an upgrade at RT but we have bigger holes

Our defense needs a stud interior lineman or an edge rusher

We are last in the league in 11 sacks.. We need a force in a edge

1)Jarvis Jones or Wegner. .. I really want Jones!!!!
3)Leon McFadden CB SD State
4)Phillip Thomas FS Fresno State

who knows after that.. Would like to add a couple young prospects in regards to RB (bruiser, OL,DL, heck another corner)

those 3 picks would really help our defense with a shift to 3-4

in FA make a splash by signing a
RT, NT, and a decent corner or two

jarvis will be gone imo by the time we pick.
plus im worried about his heath issues.

green24 wrote:
silver_surfer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ill trade up to ensure we nab an elite edge rusher
Dreadymatt

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the Lewis and Matthews calls - with them to and Berg up to speed the QB finally gets some time and the RBs fine some holes
Rolni

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it a lot, but it's not thinking outside of the box IMO. It's a logocal realistic mock...
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's about one round too high on Matthews. Porter won't fall that far (playing your favorite team much also??) and as you stated, if we draft Porter, we better move to a 3-4 b/c he's worthless in a 4-3. Other than that, I don't have any real problems w/ it.

PM sig requests.
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

silver_surfer wrote:

d'oh!

We are already down a 2nd round pick, we have traded away enough picks these last 4 years or so, and we have far too many needs to be trading up. We do need an elite edge rusher, but we also badly need a DT, RT, and LB. With our record and the players coming out this year, we will fill a position of need without having to trade up. If we do trade, the only way we move is down.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
Chali21

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
silver_surfer wrote:

d'oh!

We are already down a 2nd round pick, we have traded away enough picks these last 4 years or so, and we have far too many needs to be trading up. We do need an elite edge rusher, but we also badly need a DT, RT, and LB. With our record and the players coming out this year, we will fill a position of need without having to trade up. If we do trade, the only way we move is down.

This is truth, we don't need to morgage our future to get a guy. If we were one guy away sure why not? But with our many holes it just seems like a bad idea right now.
Rolni

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

silver_surfer wrote:

Fail.
We need picks, players...

I would like a trade down more and more.

Matthews or a NT or a CB or even a guy like Werner(not freak athlete) could be available after a little trade down and we could pick up an additional 3rd rounder...
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolni wrote:
silver_surfer wrote:

Fail.
We need picks, players...

I would like a trade down more and more.

Matthews or a NT or a CB or even a guy like Werner(not freak athlete) could be available after a little trade down and we could pick up an additional 3rd rounder...

Yeah, Matthews late in the first might still be a little overvaluing him but it's still WAY better than 5th overall and I'd prefer to go BPA rather than specific position due to us needing so many positions. There's no need to reach. Matthews at 5 would be a god-awful pick strictly b/c the value isn't there. He's going to be a solid player I think but not even close to worth that.

In fact, draft Matthews over Star is more fail than supporting JaMarcus Russell......

We need to go BPA and BPA only until we get some of these positions filled.

PM sig requests.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: