Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 GM Search
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jpt331

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:45 pm    Post subject: 2013 GM Search Reply with quote

Wheno do you guys believe should be our GM next year....I really like Eric DeCosta assistant GM of the ravens

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still believe that Rex is way more at fault then Tannenbaum. I get the feeling that Rex pressured Tannenbaum to select Coples instead of Ingram, to take Wilson in 2010 and some other bonehead moves. Coples may workout here, but he'll always be the wrong pick in my eyes.

I also feel he fed Tebow down his throat. I feel like hes more of a puppet then anything else. However hes solid with the cap. The resigning of Sanchez was one of the worst moves of all time, as I said from the beginning and 90% of you thought it was a great move, you were all wrong. That move alone might get him fired, but I still feel like Rex is worse for this team then Tannenbaum is. Tannenbaum and Mangini built a team that Rex had success with. The more influx of Rex Ryan decisions destroyed this team.

Maybe we should clean house completely, but if I was a new GM, I'd want to pick the HC too.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
KingOfTheHill84

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TannenBUM traded most of our picks the last few years and cut some talented young guys for straight bums, handed out albatross contracts and pretty [inappropriate/removed] the bed as a GM

Give me someone for Baltimore, Pittsburgh, San Francisco or Houston

[quote="Ring Worm Sherm"]Revis hasn't done jack since 09[/quote]Fly-A-Jet 2013 Jeremy Kerley
Rec:5 Yards:70 TDs:0 PR Average:7 ypa
teamorange

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingOfTheHill84 wrote:
TannenBUM traded most of our picks the last few years and cut some talented young guys for straight bums, handed out albatross contracts and pretty [inappropriate/removed] the bed as a GM

Alright, I'm going to make you backup your claim. What "young talent" has Tanny cut?
ekill08x

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

teamorange wrote:
KingOfTheHill84 wrote:

Alright, I'm going to make you backup your claim. What "young talent" has Tanny cut?

Id also like to hear it.

We traded picks for Braylon, Tone, and Cromartie. All were good trades. Tone just happens to be a hoodrat, but we all loved him when he was single handedly winning us games in 2010.

skrILL

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

teamorange wrote:
KingOfTheHill84 wrote:

I'm assuming he's referring to Antonio Allen, which was completely unjustified IMO. Aside from that I can't really think of any others.

N E W Y O R K J E T S
rickyt31

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Decosta as well. Some names I've been paying attention to

Tag Ribary Seahawks
Tom Gamble 49ers
David Cadwell Falcons
Eliot Wolf Packers
Ken Stenfeld Giants
Kevin Abrams Giants
Brandon Hunt Steelers
Vince Newsome - Ravens

I like what they have done with their personnel .

I should have known this team was going to go down hill when we traded Leon Washington and 7th round pick for a fullback. Brick wall

Quote:
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.
teamorange

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest, Tanny's biggest problem is he gives some horrible contracts to older players. The Jets have been handcuffed because we are locked into average to good players making elite money. The way he constructs them it is a very now approach. It was good for 2010 when we had an outside chance at making the playoffs but we look at some of these contracts, Sanchez Pace Scott Holmes, are crippling and are players who are no where near elite, making elite money. Even Harris's and Revis's contracts aren't great. Harris is making top 3 money and is probably just outside of the top 5. Revis is making what he should but it is only a four year deal and we can't franchise him.

It's hard for the Jets to maneuver because we are so cap stricken that we can't acquire good young pieces to build a team. I thought about making a mock (and still might I am just going to wait till the offseason after the combine) and from doing a bit of research we really can't address all the needs will need a few years to rebuild.
Jetsman82

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
I still believe that Rex is way more at fault then Tannenbaum. I get the feeling that Rex pressured Tannenbaum to select Coples instead of Ingram, to take Wilson in 2010 and some other bonehead moves. Coples may workout here, but he'll always be the wrong pick in my eyes.

If that's true, then Tanny shouldn't be a GM. As a GM, you outrank a HC. At the end of the day, a GM has to make the decisions, not the HC.

FWIW...
Quote:
RT @islipjetsfan: @Steiny31 heard from some1 who was with jets in Seattle. Tanny def out at end of yr. it's done deal going back to cap guru
green24

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsman82 wrote:
Quote:
RT @islipjetsfan: @Steiny31 heard from some1 who was with jets in Seattle. Tanny def out at end of yr. it's done deal going back to cap guru

Guy has 25 followers. Not exactly a credible source.
ekill08x

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsman82 wrote:
ekill08x wrote:

If that's true, then Tanny shouldn't be a GM. As a GM, you outrank a HC. At the end of the day, a GM has to make the decisions, not the HC.

FWIW...
Quote:

You make a valid point. Problem is Tanny is a personel GM. We need a guy who knows talent and knows how tot draft. Then let that guy determine Rex's fate.

green24

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This pains me. I was such a big Tannenbaum fan.
Jet Life

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No real football guy will want to work for Woody.

Our problem starts at the top
green24

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jet Life wrote:
No real football guy will want to work for Woody.

Our problem starts at the top

And unfortunately there's no way to fire him.
teamorange

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsman82 wrote:
ekill08x wrote:

FWIW...
Quote:

GM doesn't out rank HC. They should be working together to build the team in a common interest.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: