Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Deuce Lutui

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
-Munch-

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:32 pm    Post subject: Deuce Lutui Reply with quote

Good article about our newest addition.

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20121115/SPORTS01/311150091/Lutui-adds-dash-fun-Titans-offensive-line?odyssey=tab%7Ctopnews%7Ctext%7CSports%20Tennessee%20Titans&nclick_check=1

I think he was a great addition, LeRoy is not what this team needed. Has anyone noticed how he's been playing? I haven't noticed much but as an offensive line we've looked good for the last couple weeks. Should we keep this guy is he capable of being a solid starter for the next couple years?
Finnerception

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO, we should go with Roos-Hutchinson-Amano-Harris-Stewart next year.

*IMO: In Munchak's opinion

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of Harris or Amano won't be coming back, unless Lutui & Velasco get signed away and we don't draft a 1-2nd round replacement. I think the team is more likely to stick with Harris, given his youth and SUBSTANTIALLY smaller contract than Amano.

I think Munch & co. are leaning far more heavily to resigning Velasco and Lutui (if Lutui continues playing well). Velasco especially- he's really made strides over the season and is definitely playing better than Amano did the last two years.

Lutui is more of a mystery- the team is definitely going to be going drafting a few late round guards, maybe even a high round one, given how [inappropriate/removed] Harris has been and Hutch's age.

I think there is a good chance Harris gets cut and Amano stays, since Amano can swing all three positions (and imo, was a much better guard than center). I still think the current lineup is the best we can do- Lutui and Velasco are a clear improvement over Amano and Harris.
Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finnerception wrote:
IMO, we should go with Roos-Hutchinson-Amano-Harris-Stewart next year.

*IMO: In Munchak's opinion

Im in favor of finding a new Center an Guard. I can live with Harris but wouldnt mind someone else and Amano is as good as gone if Velasco can finish strong to end the year

Sig by daboyle250

TITANIA FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIPS

Ropati Pitoitua: 12 Tackles 11 Assist 2 Sack
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guarantee it'll be Roos-Hutchinson-Velasco-Stewart.

The only ? for next year will be who plays RG. Lutui played well Sunday, if he keeps it up he'll be back next year, though I honestly wouldn't object to Leroy Harris. Harris started to improve the past few weeks prior to his injury. Either way, we appear to be in pretty good shape on the o-line. Just need to worry about grooming someone to take over for Hutch when he decides to retire.
-Munch-

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't watch offensive lineman much, and I don't know how to grade them. So I was wondering if anyone in here who knows could tell me how he's been doing? I mean the line has looked good the last couple games and lanes have been opening up.
-Munch-

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:

The only ? for next year will be who plays RG. Lutui played well Sunday, if he keeps it up he'll be back next year, though I honestly wouldn't object to Leroy Harris. Harris started to improve the past few weeks prior to his injury. Either way, we appear to be in pretty good shape on the o-line. Just need to worry about grooming someone to take over for Hutch when he decides to retire.

I thought LeRoy was one of the three stooges, why would we want him back we could get finally have no Amano-Scott-Harris that would be a good change.
TitanSS

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harris is one I would not like back. Everyone hated Amano because he was our worst lineman when we had Mawae, but he really wasn't that bad at guard. He was bad about getting holding penalties but wasn't a horrible run blocker.

Draft one to replace Hutchinson and let Harris Amano and Lutui fight over RG.
prozac77

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Munch- wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:

I thought LeRoy was one of the three stooges, why would we want him back we could get finally have no Amano-Scott-Harris that would be a good change.

Absolutely agree. Let Catfish go be a detriment to someone else's line. Our line as it is right now, pardon my hyperbole, but they look great. Velasco looks to be our guy at center. Lutui I haven't noticed him much at all so I'd say that's a good thing Laughing . Like TitanLegend was saying, it should be Roos-Hutch-Velasco-?-Stewart. ?= Lutui and Amano competing for that spot next year IMO.
titans0021

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moral of the story: Velasco should be resigned at some point in the very near future. Just no reason to even risk letting him hit the market at this point.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: