Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rebuilding mock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ganggreen1102

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:49 pm    Post subject: Rebuilding mock Reply with quote

Post Week 10 Mock

Resignings

LaRon Landry
Yerimiah Bell (1 year)
Matt Slauson
Mike DeVito
Josh Mauga
Jason Smith (restructure)
Bryan Thomas (1 year)
Darelle Revis (long term)

Let Go

Pace
Smith
Greene
Moore
Hilliard
Cumberland
Sanchez
Holmes
Gates
Schilens
Lankster

Free Agency

Please dont criticize the contracts. I'm not an expert in that category its just a rough guess.

Chris Ivory RB
-Its time the Jets pick up a real RB. Ivory has been stuck behind Sproles, Thomas and Ingram but when he has played, he's played really well. 3 years 7 million total

Matt Moore QB
-A veteran is needed at QB. Matt Moore played decently for Miami in 2011 and if our rookie QB isn't ready to start, Moore could step in and do pretty well. 1 year 2 million

Shaun Phillips OLB
-Not as good as he used to be but he's still a good pass rusher and could still produce good numbers for a few more years. 2 years 4 million total

Brandon Myers TE
-A very good blocking TE and someone who can also contribute as a reciever and make tough catches. He's been an under the radar guy all year in Oakland.

Evan Dietrich-Smith G/C
-A lot of Packer fans seem to like him as a developmental/future starter at either Guard or Center. So in that case we steal him from the Packers and he becomes our starting RG.

Trades:

Jets trade Tim Tebow to JAC for a 5th round pick(2)

Draft:
Jets are picking 7th

Jets trade back to Chargers (16)and get 2nd(4Cool,4th(112)round picks and 7th(208)

Pick 7 value=1500-Value Chargers get
Pick 16 value=1000
Pick 48 value=420
Pick 112 value=70
Pick 208 value=8.2#1498.2-Value Jets get

Picks:
1(16)
2(7)
2(16)
3(7)
4(7)
4(16)
5(2)
5(7)
6(7)
7(7)
7(16)

Draft:
1(16): Keenan Allen WR Cal

6'2" 215 lbs 4.47/40

-The Jets lack a #1 reciever, which is a part on why the offense is struggling. I would go QB here but there arent any QB's that being picked here would be good value. Allen is a true #1 reciever with great play-making ability.

2(7): Tajh Boyd QB Clemson

6'2" 225 4.63/40

-Here's our rookie QB. I picked him over Bray because Bray has off the field problems and also i noticed that he has more of a sidearm throwing motion which leads to lots of batted passes which is exactly what we as fans dont want. I also felt that Tyler Wilson would be off the board already. I know he is not very tall but Boyd has a very accurate arm and does not generate tipped passes. He has a strong arm as well and he can aviod pressure and make throws on the run well. He also runs with the ball well.

Jets trade pick 48 back to HOU (62) and get pick 94.

2(30) Sean Porter OLB Texas A&M

6'2" 230 4.50/40

-Finally the Jets draft a pass rushing linebacker. A&M has switched to a 4-3 this year and Porter has been used more in coverage than as a pass rusher. But when he has been given an opportunity to rush the passer, he has done well. In 2011 when A&M used the 3-4, Porter thrived as a edge speed rusher and had 9.5 sacks. Porter's sideline to sideline speed is amazing and its something the Jets lack in their linebackers. He should gain 10-15 lbs to help him in the ground game.

3(7):Ryan Swope WR Texas A&M

6'1" 206 lbs 4.55/40

-Here's where the Jets recievers go from ok to pretty damn good. Swope is a similar WR to Jordy Nelson because they both are quick and are good in the slot, they both also have good speed and can be a X or a Z reciever. Swope has the ability to take short passes for long gains. He also has drawn comparisons to Jerricho Cotchery.

3(30): Trevardo Williams OLB Conneticut

6'2" 234 lbs 4.52/40

-He is one of the fastest linebackers in all of college FB. He is similar to Porter in that they are small 3-4 edge rushers with great speed. It doesnt hurt to add more speed to lbs that bearly have any speed. Williams is having another good year this year after getting 12.5 sacks last year for Conneticut.

4(7): Kenjon Barner RB Oregon

5'11" 195 lbs 4.42/40

The Jets backfield has little or no explosion or talent. Barner is one of the fastest backs in college and one of the biggest threats on the ground in college. He is a similar runner to his former teammate LaMichael James.

4(16): Darius Slay CB Mississippi State

6'1 190 lbs 4.52/40

-Ellis Lankster is terrible. For us to have our coverage as our strongest point on our D, we need lots of depth at CB. Slay has good size and great man coverage ability to be a good fit in our D and maybe push Kyle Wilson.

5(2): Kwame Geathers NT Georgia

6'6" 350 lbs 5.50/40

-Its not talked about alot but im not exactly comfortable with Ellis starting in a year or two. Drafting Geathers gives us more options long term at the NT position.

5(7): Brandon Ford TE Clemson

-6'3" 235 lbs 4.63/40

-One of Tajh Boyd's preffered targets at Clemson. He'll be the #2 TE behind Myers.

6(7): Bruce Taylor ILB Virginia Tech

6'3" 243 lbs 4.72/40

-DaMario Davis is expected to start with Harris, doesnt hurt to give him strong competition.

7(7): LaAdrian Waddle OT Texas Tech

6'6" 332 lbs 5.30/40

-Could use some depth on the O-line. It never hurts to have depth.

7(16): Mike Davis WR Texas

6'2" 195 lbs 4.53/40

-Best WR available. I like Davis as a prospect. He is a good route runner and has good speed. Nice to have depth at WR.

Depth Chart

QB Boyd,Moore,McElroy
HB Ivory,Powell,Barner
WR Allen,Hill
WR Kerley,White
WR Swope,Davis
TE Myers,Ford,Baker
LT Brick,Waddle
LG Slauson,Ducasse
C Mangold,EDS
RG EDS,Ducasse
RT Howard,Smith

LE Wilkerson,Devito
NT Pouha,Ellis,Geathers
RE Coples,Devito
OLB Phillips,McIntyre
ILB Harris,Mauga
ILB Davis,Taylor
OLB Porter,Thomas
3dLB Williams,Sapp
CB Revis,Cro,Wilson,Slay,Trufant
FS Landry,Allen
SS Bell,Bush

K Folk
P Malone
KR McKnight
PR Kerley
LS Purdum
teamorange

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just doing a sight check, we can't cut Sanchez there will be 17 million in dead cap space and Ivory is a RFA and will likely be resigned to the Saints
ekill08x

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the the trade backs and the positions you selected but I hate the players you selected.

Theres no reason to draft 2 undersized OLBs. There way too small to both be on the field at the same time. With that logic we would have kept Maybin. We need a complete edge rusher who can also set the edge. No chance either of those guys can at 230 pounds, thats way too small. Most good 3-4 OLBs are 250-265 pounds. 230 isnt even in the small ball park. Thats essentially a Jonathan Vilma at both OLB spots.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
ganggreen1102

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
I like the the trade backs and the positions you selected but I hate the players you selected.

Theres no reason to draft 2 undersized OLBs. There way too small to both be on the field at the same time. With that logic we would have kept Maybin. We need a complete edge rusher who can also set the edge. No chance either of those guys can at 230 pounds, thats way too small. Most good 3-4 OLBs are 250-265 pounds. 230 isnt even in the small ball park. Thats essentially a Jonathan Vilma at both OLB spots.

I tried to emphasize speed by drafting the two small lbs. i had Phillips and I resigned BT to be our two down lbs. Porter and Williams would be our Bruce Irvins and rush on third down.
xenajets

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ganggreen1102 wrote:
ekill08x wrote:

I tried to emphasize speed by drafting the two small lbs. i had Phillips and I resigned BT to be our two down lbs. Porter and Williams would be our Bruce Irvins and rush on third down.

I like that idea but ekill is so right we need a legit three down linebacker and there are so many in this draft. This will finally be the year we get our Olb that we have asked for i hope. Love the trade down i really hope we do that this year.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love the trade down that you made but I would rather see us grap one of the bigger rush OLBs in the first.

I would also love to get Swope and Barner, and Boyd is one of the QBs I would take (but not that early).

The problem I have is that you do not address the OLine except for a developmental player and 7th rounder. I would hope to get someone with 2nd or 3rd round talent. You also don't address the safety position. Bell is playing well but is old, Landry,IMO, is overrated, and the rookies, Bush and Allen are not getting the playing time for us to tell if the can fill the position.

Finally, I seriously doubt Mark will be cut and that we go into the year with Moore as our starting QB. The best case scenario for me would be if the give McElroy the ball this year and he show promise. That way next PS there would be QB competition between him Sanchez and the rookie.

I also doubt they cut Greene. If Barner is as good as I think he will be, I think they would work well together.

I hope you're right about the rest of the cuts, especially Holmes.

I also hope you are right with the Tebow trade. His presence only hurts, his coming in breaks up any rhythm that they have.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: