Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NFC Game of the Week: Bears at 49ers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 35, 36, 37  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
ChicagoAl


Joined: 10 Jan 2008
Posts: 7867
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
bearsaddict wrote:
I am praying that Cutler plays, but I just have this unshakable feeling that the rumors are true and he isn't going to suit up. If that is the case we are in real trouble in this one.
Whether Jay plays or not, this will be a game almost impossible for us to win. We have not won there in a Quarter of a Century even when the 49ers were crap. Combine that with MNF and it would take a near miracle for us to be victorious.


Almost impossible? Laughing

I guess we might as well not show up right?
As a Bear fan I am used to Lost Causes. Can we send in the subs? Even when we won the Championship in 1963 we lost in SF.

Ditka was so delirious after winning there in 85 that he got drunk on the plane back, was arrested on the expressway and charged with DWI.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ChicagoAl


Joined: 10 Jan 2008
Posts: 7867
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bears2308 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
bearsaddict wrote:
I am praying that Cutler plays, but I just have this unshakable feeling that the rumors are true and he isn't going to suit up. If that is the case we are in real trouble in this one.
Whether Jay plays or not, this will be a game almost impossible for us to win. We have not won there in a Quarter of a Century even when the 49ers were crap. Combine that with MNF and it would take a near miracle for us to be victorious.



The stat, "We haven't won there in a quarter of a century" is ridiculous. Different players with different coaches. Both of these teams will thrive off the run game and defense. It's a coin flip IMO.
The stat happens to be a fact. It simply points to the extreme difficulty we have had in winning in SF whether you like it or not, I certainly don't. You can call a fact "ridiculous" if you like, but that does not make it untrue. Each time we have gone out there it has been with different coaches and different players so that has no significance.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Superman(DH23)


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 18954
Location: Abdi on the sick sig
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
bearsaddict wrote:
I am praying that Cutler plays, but I just have this unshakable feeling that the rumors are true and he isn't going to suit up. If that is the case we are in real trouble in this one.
Whether Jay plays or not, this will be a game almost impossible for us to win. We have not won there in a Quarter of a Century even when the 49ers were crap. Combine that with MNF and it would take a near miracle for us to be victorious.
Again I have to point out that Lovie Smith is 10-1 on MNF...
_________________

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AZBearsFan


Moderator
Joined: 04 Feb 2006
Posts: 10781
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
bears2308 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
bearsaddict wrote:
I am praying that Cutler plays, but I just have this unshakable feeling that the rumors are true and he isn't going to suit up. If that is the case we are in real trouble in this one.
Whether Jay plays or not, this will be a game almost impossible for us to win. We have not won there in a Quarter of a Century even when the 49ers were crap. Combine that with MNF and it would take a near miracle for us to be victorious.



The stat, "We haven't won there in a quarter of a century" is ridiculous. Different players with different coaches. Both of these teams will thrive off the run game and defense. It's a coin flip IMO.
The stat happens to be a fact. It simply points to the extreme difficulty we have had in winning in SF whether you like it or not, I certainly don't. You can call a fact "ridiculous" if you like, but that does not make it untrue. Each time we have gone out there it has been with different coaches and different players so that has no significance.

I don't see it any differently than that the Steelers have won their last 15 home MNF games. It's interesting, but there is no causal link between losing in SF in a game 10+ years ago and this week's game.
_________________

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ChicagoAl


Joined: 10 Jan 2008
Posts: 7867
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
bearsaddict wrote:
I am praying that Cutler plays, but I just have this unshakable feeling that the rumors are true and he isn't going to suit up. If that is the case we are in real trouble in this one.
Whether Jay plays or not, this will be a game almost impossible for us to win. We have not won there in a Quarter of a Century even when the 49ers were crap. Combine that with MNF and it would take a near miracle for us to be victorious.
Again I have to point out that Lovie Smith is 10-1 on MNF...
Maybe in an alternative universe, but in this one he is 5-1. If it were really 10-1 then I would say that Lovie's mojo overrides the San Fran Curse. This is his first time out there so who knows a whole new tradition maybe started.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ChicagoAl


Joined: 10 Jan 2008
Posts: 7867
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
bears2308 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
bearsaddict wrote:
I am praying that Cutler plays, but I just have this unshakable feeling that the rumors are true and he isn't going to suit up. If that is the case we are in real trouble in this one.
Whether Jay plays or not, this will be a game almost impossible for us to win. We have not won there in a Quarter of a Century even when the 49ers were crap. Combine that with MNF and it would take a near miracle for us to be victorious.



The stat, "We haven't won there in a quarter of a century" is ridiculous. Different players with different coaches. Both of these teams will thrive off the run game and defense. It's a coin flip IMO.
The stat happens to be a fact. It simply points to the extreme difficulty we have had in winning in SF whether you like it or not, I certainly don't. You can call a fact "ridiculous" if you like, but that does not make it untrue. Each time we have gone out there it has been with different coaches and different players so that has no significance.

I don't see it any differently than that the Steelers have won their last 15 home MNF games. It's interesting, but there is no causal link between losing in SF in a game 10+ years ago and this week's game.
So do the gamblers bet on causality or correlation? Both these facts will enter in setting the betting line.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bearsaddict


Joined: 26 Apr 2006
Posts: 3544
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bears2308 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
bearsaddict wrote:
I am praying that Cutler plays, but I just have this unshakable feeling that the rumors are true and he isn't going to suit up. If that is the case we are in real trouble in this one.
Whether Jay plays or not, this will be a game almost impossible for us to win. We have not won there in a Quarter of a Century even when the 49ers were crap. Combine that with MNF and it would take a near miracle for us to be victorious.



The stat, "We haven't won there in a quarter of a century" is ridiculous. Different players with different coaches. Both of these teams will thrive off the run game and defense. It's a coin flip IMO.
Correct 2308. Al has a hard time differentiating between history and current reality for some reason.
_________________
Here's to hoping Emery is NOTHING like Angelo.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bearsaddict


Joined: 26 Apr 2006
Posts: 3544
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:
RANDY MOSS returns to SOLDIER FIELD...home to many end zone trips by him.
I'm looking for a little bit of this hopefully.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoRzn3ZVTa0
_________________
Here's to hoping Emery is NOTHING like Angelo.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ChicagoAl


Joined: 10 Jan 2008
Posts: 7867
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearsaddict wrote:
bears2308 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
bearsaddict wrote:
I am praying that Cutler plays, but I just have this unshakable feeling that the rumors are true and he isn't going to suit up. If that is the case we are in real trouble in this one.
Whether Jay plays or not, this will be a game almost impossible for us to win. We have not won there in a Quarter of a Century even when the 49ers were crap. Combine that with MNF and it would take a near miracle for us to be victorious.



The stat, "We haven't won there in a quarter of a century" is ridiculous. Different players with different coaches. Both of these teams will thrive off the run game and defense. It's a coin flip IMO.
Correct 2308. Al has a hard time differentiating between history and current reality for some reason.
I'm in Sportscaster mode.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bearsaddict


Joined: 26 Apr 2006
Posts: 3544
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
bearsaddict wrote:
bears2308 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
bearsaddict wrote:
I am praying that Cutler plays, but I just have this unshakable feeling that the rumors are true and he isn't going to suit up. If that is the case we are in real trouble in this one.
Whether Jay plays or not, this will be a game almost impossible for us to win. We have not won there in a Quarter of a Century even when the 49ers were crap. Combine that with MNF and it would take a near miracle for us to be victorious.



The stat, "We haven't won there in a quarter of a century" is ridiculous. Different players with different coaches. Both of these teams will thrive off the run game and defense. It's a coin flip IMO.
Correct 2308. Al has a hard time differentiating between history and current reality for some reason.
I'm in Sportscaster mode.
Laughing Laughing Well, its better than regular newscaster mode!
_________________
Here's to hoping Emery is NOTHING like Angelo.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Badger75


Joined: 08 Apr 2008
Posts: 7150
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Bears should do well in Candelstick Park. Weird wind gusts in that stadium. Hope the kicking game is on track. If Robbie Gould keeps hitting the uprights, hold tryouts. Cool
_________________
"I have to keep playing so people over 40 will have somebody to root for on Sunday afternoons." George Blanda who played until he was 46
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Superman(DH23)


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 18954
Location: Abdi on the sick sig
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
bearsaddict wrote:
I am praying that Cutler plays, but I just have this unshakable feeling that the rumors are true and he isn't going to suit up. If that is the case we are in real trouble in this one.
Whether Jay plays or not, this will be a game almost impossible for us to win. We have not won there in a Quarter of a Century even when the 49ers were crap. Combine that with MNF and it would take a near miracle for us to be victorious.
Again I have to point out that Lovie Smith is 10-1 on MNF...
Maybe in an alternative universe, but in this one he is 5-1. If it were really 10-1 then I would say that Lovie's mojo overrides the San Fran Curse. This is his first time out there so who knows a whole new tradition maybe started.
He's 10-1, Jay Cutler is 5-1, in this universe.
_________________

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Superman(DH23)


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 18954
Location: Abdi on the sick sig
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
bears2308 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
bearsaddict wrote:
I am praying that Cutler plays, but I just have this unshakable feeling that the rumors are true and he isn't going to suit up. If that is the case we are in real trouble in this one.
Whether Jay plays or not, this will be a game almost impossible for us to win. We have not won there in a Quarter of a Century even when the 49ers were crap. Combine that with MNF and it would take a near miracle for us to be victorious.



The stat, "We haven't won there in a quarter of a century" is ridiculous. Different players with different coaches. Both of these teams will thrive off the run game and defense. It's a coin flip IMO.
The stat happens to be a fact. It simply points to the extreme difficulty we have had in winning in SF whether you like it or not, I certainly don't. You can call a fact "ridiculous" if you like, but that does not make it untrue. Each time we have gone out there it has been with different coaches and different players so that has no significance.

I don't see it any differently than that the Steelers have won their last 15 home MNF games. It's interesting, but there is no causal link between losing in SF in a game 10+ years ago and this week's game.
So do the gamblers bet on causality or correlation? Both these facts will enter in setting the betting line.
neither will enter in the betting line, the betting line's sole purpose is to get the money even on both sides. The only factor that effects the betting line is how many people are willing to shell out their money for either team.
_________________

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ataal


Joined: 17 Oct 2011
Posts: 2586
Location: Avondale, Arizona
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropping in to say good luck to you guys and hope for no injuries that neither of us can afford.

I expect a defensive battle. Hope the winds are calm on Monday because I can see a lot of field goals in this game. It's also my birthday that night!

Oh, and no ties, please! Razz
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jeebs


Joined: 18 Aug 2008
Posts: 2494
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like Cutler is out.

Quote:
@ESPNNFL: Bears announce that Jason Campbell will start at QB in place of Jay Cutler Monday Night at San Francisco -- #MNF


Bummer deal. I was looking forward to him being on the field. It would have likely been a much better game.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 35, 36, 37  Next
Page 2 of 37

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group