Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT: Week 11 @ Lions (4-5)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 52, 53, 54  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wgbeethree wrote:
DetroitSpirit wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000095190/article/tramon-williams-of-packers-im-optimus-prime

Tramon running his mouth. Meh, I'd rather have Tramon shut him down and then talk but whatevs. Better come to play or he will never hear the end of it. I like the shot he took at the Seahawk clowns.

Tillman and Sherman both said they were Optimus Prime too. Neutral I wish they would atleast choose a different name.

I hate when grown men try to give themselves nicknames. It's a bit pathetic. I hate when players try to play off of another players nickname in their "smack talk". It's unoriginal and weak.

With that being said, if I shut down LeBron frequently I would totally dub myself "The Magna Carta". I'm a hypocrite.
The media is hella lazy with nick name too. A-Rod, Car-Go, the whole mesh the first and last name crap is soooo turrible. Then last Sunday on CBS they were talking to Doug Martin on how he hates the "Muscle Hamster" nickname, they gave him a chance to change it, he says "Douganator". Laughing For hecks sack man, thats horrible. I wish Rodgers had a good nick name but I can't come up with one.

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best
spilltray

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
wgbeethree wrote:
DetroitSpirit wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000095190/article/tramon-williams-of-packers-im-optimus-prime

Tramon running his mouth. Meh, I'd rather have Tramon shut him down and then talk but whatevs. Better come to play or he will never hear the end of it. I like the shot he took at the Seahawk clowns.

Tillman and Sherman both said they were Optimus Prime too. Neutral I wish they would atleast choose a different name.

I hate when grown men try to give themselves nicknames. It's a bit pathetic. I hate when players try to play off of another players nickname in their "smack talk". It's unoriginal and weak.

With that being said, if I shut down LeBron frequently I would totally dub myself "The Magna Carta". I'm a hypocrite.
The media is hella lazy with nick name too. A-Rod, Car-Go, the whole mesh the first and last name crap is soooo turrible. Then last Sunday on CBS they were talking to Doug Martin on how he hates the "Muscle Hamster" nickname, they gave him a chance to change it, he says "Douganator". Laughing For hecks sack man, thats horrible. I wish Rodgers had a good nick name but I can't come up with one.

For me I just don't like how people force nicknames. Like right after the draft when people try to shoehorn bad puns into names.

It's one thing if it's like Charles "Peanut" Tillman or a situation where a nickname is actually earned but if it doesn't come organically, you just need to stop. Not everyone gets a nickname.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BobSacamano

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wgbeethree wrote:
DetroitSpirit wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:

I don't see what the big deal is here. Even Calvin said he didn't think it was a big deal when he was asked about it today. I think this is just some guys having some fun with the nickname Megatron. No biggy.

KingTarvaris7 wrote:
last year's vikings were far better than the packers team that just won
DetroitSpirit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BobSacamano wrote:
wgbeethree wrote:
DetroitSpirit wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:

I don't see what the big deal is here. Even Calvin said he didn't think it was a big deal when he was asked about it today. I think this is just some guys having some fun with the nickname Megatron. No biggy.

I mean it's not a big deal. But particularly with the corners who are lining up against him, this is the 3rd that will refer to themselves as Optimus Prime. That'd be like if Joe Flacco and Matt Hasslebeck changed their nicknames to ARod.
TheGreatZepp

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DetroitSpirit wrote:
BobSacamano wrote:
wgbeethree wrote:
DetroitSpirit wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:

I mean it's not a big deal. But particularly with the corners who are lining up against him, this is the 3rd that will refer to themselves as Optimus Prime. That'd be like if Joe Flacco and Matt Hasslebeck changed their nicknames to ARod.
I see it that the butt of the joke is one of three, either Sherman and the Seahawks, Calvin and the nickname or the media. My guess is that it's the first one, Sherman and the Seahawks, I can't believe Tramon was all too happy about how they've been running their mouths and the contact they have been getting away with (Packers receivers were fuming after the game). So throw a jab at someone who you think is all talk while having fun with a division rival you know well, seems like it's lighthearted.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DetroitSpirit wrote:

I mean it's not a big deal. But particularly with the corners who are lining up against him, this is the 3rd that will refer to themselves as Optimus Prime. That'd be like if Joe Flacco and Matt Hasslebeck changed their nicknames to ARod.[/quote]

Not really. More like MJ saying the mailman don't deliver on Sunday. It's just playing around.

KingTarvaris7 wrote:
last year's vikings were far better than the packers team that just won
GoPackGo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
For hecks sack man, thats horrible. I wish Rodgers had a good nick name but I can't come up with one.

I prefer GODgers myself.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you guys are missing the big picture and just how awesome my self imposed nickname would be. Geez it's like you guys don't realize this forum is all about ME. If you keep focusing on insignificant things you're gonna overlook like the one funny thing I say all year.

throwstantrumrunstoroomslamsdoorandcriesintohispillow.gif

TytybearsFan21 wrote:
Justo knows nothing about sportz

justo wrote:
I would be a terrible coach/anything.
Pack4life7

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BobSacamano wrote:
DetroitSpirit wrote:

Not really. More like MJ saying the mailman don't deliver on Sunday. It's just playing around.[/quote]

One of the best all time trash talking moments in sports history. I was only an infant for most of it but God I miss the 90s.

Waldo wrote:

Enter Waldo

Same Old Jay
GBPACKMAN4LIFE

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

via pro-football-reference.com

Also, Stafford's TD% in 2011 (41 TD in 16 games) - 6.2%
Stafford's TD% in 2012 (11 TD in 9 games) - 2.8%

He's throwing interceptions at a lower percentage (2.1% in '12 compared to 2.4% in '11).

Throws it more than any other QB. On pace to lead the league in attempts for the second straight year.

Ernest Hemingway wrote:
My aim is to put down on paper what I see and what I feel in the best and simplest way.
GBPACKMAN4LIFE

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the Lions forum going to make a GDT?

Ernest Hemingway wrote:
My aim is to put down on paper what I see and what I feel in the best and simplest way.
justo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBPACKMAN4LIFE wrote:

We should help them and make one for them...
GBPACKMAN4LIFE

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In case y'all forgot...

Aaron Rodgers impersonating Kyle Vanden Bosch

Ernest Hemingway wrote:
GBPackers79

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
GBPACKMAN4LIFE wrote:

No.
ajdodge09

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBPackers79 wrote:
justo wrote:
GBPACKMAN4LIFE wrote:

No.

I'm pretty sure they're just like, "Welp. We're playing the Packers so we're gonna lose. Might as well not even make a GDT."

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 52, 53, 54  Next
Page 7 of 54

Jump to: