Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Aaron Rodgers vs Peyton Manning(2012)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Aaron Rodgers vs Peyton Manning
Aaron Rodgers
52%
 52%  [ 65 ]
Peyton Manning
47%
 47%  [ 58 ]
Total Votes : 123

ECPackers

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how about either?

you could change out rodgers, manning, and brady right now, on any of those 3 teams, and all would have similar success IMO.
Bucks
Badgers
rwankstat25

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32, You're posts in this thread are pointless and they don't belong here

tonyto, I barely go on this site, but every time I do, you're talking about Tom Brady. Give it a rest already. This has nothing to do with Tom Brady, but I guess you can't read, so I'll entertain you. Aaron Rodgers is better than Tom Brady.

texans, You're blind if you think Peyton is having the better season. Aaron Rodgers is having the best season this year. If he didn't absolutely destroy the league last year, this wouldn't even be a question. He's slightly less impressive than he was last year, but he's still not far off the numbers he put up. Peyton's neck injury is irrelevant...technically, so are the arguments for Rodgers (o-line, receivers, etc). It comes down to who is the better player? Who offers more? Its Aaron Rodgers.

If you can combat Rodgers arguments about chemistry and blah blah blah, then I'll combat the neck injury argument with this: If Rodgers missed all of last year with the same neck injury like Manning did, and he came back this year playing the way he is, most of America and anyone with football knowledge would know Rodgers is playing better.

p.s. get Tom Brady out of here. He doesn't belong.
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rwankstat25 wrote:
jrry32, You're posts in this thread are pointless and they don't belong here

tonyto, I barely go on this site, but every time I do, you're talking about Tom Brady. Give it a rest already. This has nothing to do with Tom Brady, but I guess you can't read, so I'll entertain you. Aaron Rodgers is better than Tom Brady.

texans, You're blind if you think Peyton is having the better season. Aaron Rodgers is having the best season this year. If he didn't absolutely destroy the league last year, this wouldn't even be a question. He's slightly less impressive than he was last year, but he's still not far off the numbers he put up. Peyton's neck injury is irrelevant...technically, so are the arguments for Rodgers (o-line, receivers, etc). It comes down to who is the better player? Who offers more? Its Aaron Rodgers.

If you can combat Rodgers arguments about chemistry and blah blah blah, then I'll combat the neck injury argument with this: If Rodgers missed all of last year with the same neck injury like Manning did, and he came back this year playing the way he is, most of America and anyone with football knowledge would know Rodgers is playing better.

p.s. get Tom Brady out of here. He doesn't belong.

Why must you guys take shots at everyones intelligence who doesn't have Rodgers as the goat.
rwankstat25

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only took shots at texans for the reason because just downright dumb arguments were made and defended. Its not about who is most impressive. tonyto is just like a plague on some of these threads so its annoying. Clearly the top two QB's this year are Rodgers and Manning. Manning is playing unbelievably. Rodgers is playing better. The main reason people say Manning is just because of his story. Its irrelevant, thats all.
Papa-Pwn

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rwankstat25 wrote:
I only took shots at texans for the reason because just downright dumb arguments were made and defended. Its not about who is most impressive. tonyto is just like a plague on some of these threads so its annoying. Clearly the top two QB's this year are Rodgers and Manning. Manning is playing unbelievably. Rodgers is playing better. The main reason people say Manning is just because of his story. Its irrelevant, thats all.

No, the main reason people say Manning is because it is true. The only thing Rodgers has for him is tied with Brees for 1st in TDs with 4 more TDs and one less INT. Peyton is 3rd in TDs. Besides that, Manning is number 2 In the NFL in Completion % Rodgers is number 5, number 2 in YPA Rodgers is tied for 14th, number 1 in QB rating Rodgers 2nd. Peyton also averages 40 more passing yards per game than Rodgers does, with only .3 more passes per game.

Peyton has a very good argument for number one 2012 QB.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Pugger

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I know is I'll take Rodgers over Peyton and every other QB in the league without hesitation.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:
All I know is I'll take Rodgers over Peyton and every other QB in the league without hesitation.

Obviously, especially given his age compared to him.
Russell2Bailey

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:
What if Peyton was 28 also with no neck injuries?
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]
Dalton

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russell2Bailey wrote:
Pugger wrote:

Is that even a valid question? I'll take a healthy prime Peyton Manning over any QB other than Joe Montana. Aaron Rodgers can't even sniff Manning's jockstrap.
Ketchup

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russell2Bailey wrote:
Pugger wrote:
What if? Who cares what if. He's not a prime age of 28 and is coming off neck surgery. Rodgers is the better QB right now. He's the best QB in the league right now.

Kempes on the custom sig!
Rich7sena

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've thought Rodgers is the best QB in the league since 2009.
Russell2Bailey

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
Russell2Bailey wrote:
Pugger wrote:
What if? Who cares what if. He's not a prime age of 28 and is coming off neck surgery. Rodgers is the better QB right now. He's the best QB in the league right now.
It's not really fair mainly due to the age factor.

You'd be stupid to not pick Rodgers. That's the point. Rolling Eyes

This season right now, I'll take Peyton.
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]
crabbylion

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good poll you got going on here. For this season AND all time Manning gets my vote. He's in a whole new environment (not to mention the thinner Denver air.) A repaired neck, new system, lesser quality RBs, need I say more. No knocking Rogers, but Peyton's story is undeniable.
Packerfaninmn

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

crabbylion wrote:
Good poll you got going on here. For this season AND all time Manning gets my vote. He's in a whole new environment (not to mention the thinner Denver air.) A repaired neck, new system, lesser quality RBs, need I say more. No knocking Rogers, but Peyton's story is undeniable.

New pieces yes, but anyone who watches a Broncos game can tell that they are running the Colts offense. either way, coin flip.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the prime of their careers Manning > Rodgers

This season Rodgers > Manning

They are both so very close though

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 7 of 10

Jump to: