Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Should I return it??
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 30, 31, 32  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should I return the sound bar?
Yes
44%
 44%  [ 38 ]
No
55%
 55%  [ 48 ]
Total Votes : 86

FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J Pep 4 Step wrote:
Who is being delusional here?

I aint judging. Do your thing. But dont kid yourself.

This x1000000000.

I dont care if people would keep it. I honestly wouldnt look down at someone who did. Im just laughing at those acting like there is nothing wrong with it.

Madden 25 Steelers Franchise
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
Quote:
knowing the identity of the owner and with purpose to deprive said owner
That's a key in your paragraph you posted. If BB would call or contact me wanting it back because they realized that i was the person that it was mistakenly given too, that's a whole different ball game. I give it back, no doubt. But i'll be damned if i'm reaching out to BB to return it.
How is that relevant to your point at all?

You know it belongs to Best Buy. That's knowing the owner. You've chosen to not give it back. That's purpose to deprive the owner of their product.

- Best since day one -
It may not be easy, but we ain't riding no tire fire merry-go-round.
- Gus Bradley
J Pep 4 Step

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
J Pep 4 Step wrote:

This x1000000000.

I dont care if people would keep it. I honestly wouldnt look down at someone who did. Im just laughing at those acting like there is nothing wrong with it.

Yeah, exactly.

CK on the sig
Ketchup

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J Pep 4 Step wrote:
Quote:
(a) He comes into control of the property of another that he knows to have been lost, mislaid, or delivered under a mistake as to the nature or amount of the property or the identity of the recipient; and
(b) With intent to deprive the owner thereof, he fails to take reasonable measures to restore the property to a person entitled to have it.

That's a bunch of horse crap. So they give me something by mistake, after checking twice, and i'm the one that's supposed to be responsible for it? You can pull up all the paragraphs you want but these seem to be dealing with person on person theft. Show me one example of a store like BB giving away merch and the customer didn't return it and was pursued legally or criminally and i'll concede my point of view. I doubt it exists though.

Kempes on the custom sig!
49ersfan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One time i went to see a movie. I went to the concession stand and ordered a drink. I had my money ready but there was already a 10 dollar bill on the counter. There were no other customers or employees nearby. Employee took the 10 dollar bill and gave me change. So i got a free 6 or 7 bucks.

Its not on the scale of your $200 sound bar and i didnt know who the 10 dollars belonged too, just thought i'd share haha. In your scenario, i'd call best buy and notify them of the mistake.
-Not taking this off until the 49ers win #6
Ketchup

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
Ketchup wrote:
Quote:
That's a key in your paragraph you posted. If BB would call or contact me wanting it back because they realized that i was the person that it was mistakenly given too, that's a whole different ball game. I give it back, no doubt. But i'll be damned if i'm reaching out to BB to return it.

You know it belongs to Best Buy. That's knowing the owner. You've chosen to not give it back. That's purpose to deprive the owner of their product.
The BB guy knew it didn't belong to me, looked TWICE, and still gave it to me. Get more competent employees. If they contact me, i give it back, no questions. If they don't, i keep it.

J Pep 4 Step

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
J Pep 4 Step wrote:
Quote:
(a) He comes into control of the property of another that he knows to have been lost, mislaid, or delivered under a mistake as to the nature or amount of the property or the identity of the recipient; and
(b) With intent to deprive the owner thereof, he fails to take reasonable measures to restore the property to a person entitled to have it.

That's a bunch of horse crap. So they give me something by mistake, after checking twice, and i'm the one that's supposed to be responsible for it? You can pull up all the paragraphs you want but these seem to be dealing with person on person theft. Show me one example of a store like BB giving away merch and the customer didn't return it and was pursued legally or criminally and i'll concede my point of view. I doubt it exists though.

Confused

How about banks giving out too much money? A bank is an institution, not an individual, right? And money is considered property, right?

CK on the sig
J Pep 4 Step

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
iPwn wrote:
Ketchup wrote:
Quote:

The BB guy knew it didn't belong to me, looked TWICE, and still gave it to me. Get more competent employees. If they contact me, i give it back, no questions. If they don't, i keep it.

If the BB guy knew it didnt belong to you, why did he give it to you?

Dont say incompetence. Giving it to you knowing it didnt belong to you is theft on his part, not incompetence.

CK on the sig
Dus10

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
Glad to see we can sift through the low lifes of FF. Hope one of you guys loses a large sum of money or a debit/credit card and the person doesn't give it back. You made the mistake! You pay for it!

If I lose a large sum of money or fail to report my lost debit/credit card to my bank I deserve to not have that money.

I think this thread is probably an accurate barometer for those of us who have had to fight for what they have in their life.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My opinion is well documented in this thread. Nobody's changing anyones opinion here so i'm out. Good luck fellas.

Just a note to leave you guys with, don't judge. Don't call others people you've never meet low lifes. I work hard for what i have and nobody would ever call me a low life so i take offense to being called one by someone who's never met me just because my opinion differs.

IrishGreen

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol the best part is people trying to soothe their conscience by saying it's completely fair game

like J Pep said, if you want to keep it, keep it, but don't act like you deserve it or some crap like that

El Ramster on the amazing work
Harper41

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IrishGreen wrote:
lol the best part is people trying to soothe their conscience by saying it's completely fair game

like J Pep said, if you want to keep it, keep it, but don't act like you deserve it or some crap like that

lol. I love the people getting all high and mighty in here, its a dog eat dog world. Live with it.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
IrishGreen

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
IrishGreen wrote:

lol. I love the people getting all high and mighty in here, its a dog eat dog world. Live with it.

cool that's your opinion.

at least you're not trying to justify it though. that's what i find humorous.

Harper41

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IrishGreen wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
IrishGreen wrote:

I mean...people are justifying it because they're getting called low lifes. What are they supposed to say? Yeah my opinion makes me a total low life, but I'd totally keep it.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
IrishGreen

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
IrishGreen wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
IrishGreen wrote:

I mean...people are justifying it because they're getting called low lifes. What are they supposed to say? Yeah my opinion makes me a total low life, but I'd totally keep it.

how about

"i'd keep it, dealwithit.jpg"

instead of crap like "the kid deserved it"

like wtf. so if i get my car keyed because i parked it in a somewhat sketchy neighborhood?

pretty damn cynical way to look at things, but whatever makes people happy in life i guess.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 30, 31, 32  Next
Page 14 of 32

Jump to: