Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Location: Tuscaloosa, AL
|Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:42 pm Post subject: Round 1...
|1. CHIEFS- Matt Barkley, QB, USC
2. JAGUARS- Jarvis Jones,OLB, Georgia
3. CARDINALS- Luke Joeckel, OT, TEXAS A&M
4. BROWNS- Jonathan Hankins, DT, OHIO STATE
5. BILLS- Tyler Wilson, QB, ARKANSAS
6. PANTHERS- Eric Reid, S, LSU
7. TITANS- Sam Montgomery, DE, LSU
8. RAMS- Taylor Lewan, OT, MICHIGAN
9. SAINTS- Cornellius Carradine, DE, FLORIDA STATE
10. BENGALS- Keenan Allen, WR, CAL
11. JETS- Mike Glennon, QB, NC STATE
12. EAGLES- Dion Jordan,DE, OREGON
13. CHARGERS- Barkevious Mingo, OLB/DE, LSU
14. BUCS - Manti Te'o, LB, NOTRE DAME
15. RAIDERS- Chance Warmack, OG, ALABAMA
16. DOLPHINS- Robert Woods, WR, USC
17. RAMS(viaWash)- Justin Hunter, WR, TENNESSEE
18. COWBOYS- John Jenkins, NT, GEORGIA
19. LIONS- Johnathan Banks, CB, MISSISSIPPI STATE
20. COLTS- Barrett Jones, OG/C, ALABAMA
^^21. 49ERS- Dee Milliner, CB, ALABAMA
22. BRONCOS- Star Lotulelei, NT, UTAH
**23. JAGUARS(viaSEA)- Geno Smith, QB, WEST VIRGINIA
24. STEELERS- Jesse Williams, NT, ALABAMA
25. GIANTS- Tyler Eifert, TE, NOTRE DAME
26. PATRIOTS- Ezekiel Ansah, OLB/DE, BYU
27. PACKERS- Tharold Simon, CB, LSU
^^28. VIKINGS- DeAndre Hopkins, WR, CLEMSON
29. RAVENS- Alec Ogletree, ILB, GEORGIA
30. FALCONS- Damontre Moore, DE, TEXAS A&M
31. TEXANS- Tavon Austin, WR, WEST VIRGINIA
32. BEARS- Jake Matthews, OT, TEXAS A&M
49ers trade 2013 1st RD (#28 ), 2013 3RD, 2014 5th to Vikings in exchange for MIN 1st RD (#21)- select D.Milliner, CB, ALABAMA.
Jaguars trade 2013 2nd RD, 2014 1st RD, & 2016 3RD to Seahawks in exchange for SEA 1sr RD (#23)- select Geno Smith, QB, WVU
just a few notes...
#1) Star Lotulelei is a great player, i'm sure he'll have much success at the next level. He has been ranked in the top 10 by just about everyone all season, but quite honestly his on field production is not even close to that of recent 1st RD DT's (Suh, Fairley, Cox, Brockers). He's a dominate force and is certainly worthy of being a high pick, but compared to the others I just mentioned he's not a high motor/as athletic guy. He's a space eater. I honestly think he's been living off Haloti Ngata comparisons & this craze about him is a little out of hand. He's hardly faced any quality OL units in his career...& the NFL is going to be a major adjustment for him. Needs 1-2 years of development before he's a solid NFL starter...& that's why he has a slight slide in April.
#2) MIKE GLENNON TO THE JETS WTF #^%$#*$%. Jets fans will curse up a storm then booooo.....& do some more boooing & cursing. But they do that a lot. Long story short....Tebow/Sanchez is such a disaster. Before April, Tebow will be released, followed by Sanchez being traded. They have an opportunity to take an elite, intelligent, & polished passer in Glennon. He's tall (6'5) with a cannon arm & makes very minimal mistakes (AKA total opposite of Sanchez). He reminds me a lot of Matt Ryan...not only does he have a similar build....but also has Tom O'Brien as his coach (who developed M Ryan at BC). He & Tyler Wilson will be heavily scrutinized for their high selections ahead of Geno, Glennon becomes an All Pro....Wilson another BILLS Bust. Years from now... this is the pick that brings the Jets to a superbowl (without Rex Ryan).
#3) Geno Smith is no RGIII. Not even close. He's a very polished passer with running ability....but he reminds me so much more of Vince Young (with much stronger Arm/better overall mechanics). Depending on the team/scheme I could see him being a solid starter....nothing more. After a poor senior bowl & average combine....& the impressive rise of Glennon/Wilson.....on draft day, Geno finds himself in a free fall (Rodgers/Quinn like) some team jumps back into the late 1st round and snags a possible steal...but just have a feeling he's not gonna pan out in the league....It's a very weak QB class (Barkley,Glennon, Zac Dysert)- 3 future NFL starters that it. Maybe Klein/Geno make it too....but much improvement is needed from both.
If you'd like to comment that's very interactive of you, & certainly appreciated. People that just leave mean comments about this pick sucks & what not....you're just wasting your own time typing....not a single human being gives a flyin [inappropriate/removed] about your meaningless hateful opinion on a fan website....talking about players that could go anywhere...to any team...months from now. Making mocks is meant to be a fun dream...It's just something we do when we get bored. Don't take it personal. Thanks for checking it out guys. Have a good time procrastinating....& not doing the [inappropriate/removed] we're supposed to be doing instead of looking at this made up crap. Peace.