Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Franchise QB
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

burgesskills wrote:
other QBs with worse teams have won games

Excuse me?

How many games are we talking here?
oakdb36

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
People here probably LOVED McFadden out of college and are afraid to admit they were wrong about him so they assume blame elsewhere and pick someone else as the root of the problem.

First, I don't think anyone is blaming Palmer for our current record. We can all see he isn't the main issue. Not being the main issue doesn't mean he can't be criticized though.

Then, i wasn't too happy when we drafted McFadden. You can go back to the draft thread that year and see me complaining about us trying to build a flag football team. Only speedy skill players and no linemen. I also was all for trading him during the last offseason and drafting Turbin to form a RBBC with Jones and Goodson.

And for the record, i wanted Sedrick Ellis that year so i was totally wrong anyway.

Last edited by oakdb36 on Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
People here probably LOVED McFadden out of college and are afraid to admit they were wrong about him so they assume blame elsewhere and pick someone else as the root of the problem.

I hated him coming out. Wanted no part of him. And I'm probably one of his biggest supporters now. The situation with him is laughable. He's just not cut out for a ZBS.

His biggest asset is his acceleration, as I've said long before you joined this board. So why do we make him wait for blocks to develop before turning on the burners? He's great at going from 0 to 60 so let him get to the second level asap and make people miss. Why make him rely on patience and vision? His two biggest weaknesses (okay, aside from durability) are the most important parts of running in our scheme. Tell me how making the decision to change isn't completely retarded in that respect. It's as stupid as putting Peyton Manning in a wildcat offense or the Lakers running Princeton. And as if that wasn't crippling enough, our offensive line sucks balls at blocking in general. As do our fullbacks and starting TE. No wonder he isn't producing.

ravens_rool28 wrote:
Did somebody mention teens?
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
burgesskills wrote:
other QBs with worse teams have won games

Excuse me?

How many games are we talking here?

Dude, why waste your time? He literally ignores every fact you've brought up to him on the subject. Its like he can't or doesn't read. Or has severe reading comprehension and/or short term memory issues

ravens_rool28 wrote:
Burgesskills

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Dude, why waste your time? He literally ignores every fact you've brought up to him on the subject. Its like he can't or doesn't read. Or has severe reading comprehension and/or short term memory issues

What points? He's brought no valid points, zero. You guys are trying to turn my argument upside down to prove me wrong, but arguing different points not part of my argument. My argument has been all along that Palmer is not easily a top ten QB and he's not easily.....

How many more games?? Even one constitutes more....I never said way more, although the Colts have won 6 with Andrew Luck and they were terrible last season and have the same team.....a rookie QB is willing them to victories, while "keeping them" in other games.
Burgesskills

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny thing is too, I keep asking to bring a valid point of why Palmer is easily top ten or so great and nobody can. NOBODY. You just keep ignoring or can't comprehend my questions.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Burgesskills wrote:
Funny thing is too, I keep asking to bring a valid point of why Palmer is easily top ten or so great and nobody can. NOBODY. You just keep ignoring or can't comprehend my questions.

Congratulations, you have taken silversurfer's throne as the worst poster in the forum.

ravens_rool28 wrote:
dante9876

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
Burgesskills wrote:

Congratulations, you have taken silversurfer's throne as the worst poster in the forum.

He is right on that one. Jtagg those ignore those posts. The most i got was a list from Oak who his top 10 is.
Burgesskills

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

If making valid points and looking for valid responses makes me the worst poster, who's the best? Because a few of you are good at trying to make your points, by twisting and changing arguments...
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:

First, I don't think anyone is blaming Palmer for our current record. We can all see he isn't the main issue. Not being the main issue doesn't mean he can't be criticized though.

Then, i wasn't too happy when we drafted McFadden. You can go back to the draft thread that year and see me complaining about us trying to build a flag football team. Only speedy skill players and no linemen. I also was all for trading him during the last offseason and drafting Turbin to form a RBBC with Jones and Goodson.

And for the record, i wanted Sedrick Ellis that year so i was totally wrong anyway.

There are a few who think our record is on Palmer's shoulders but they're not gonna be swayed so I'm leaving it be.

I must have misinterpreted everyone's draft opinions on him around here. I was wrong about that draft also b/c I was a Gholston advocate LOL. I wish we would've traded him last off-season, I'm sure you remember my stance though. Oh well.... it could be worse, we could be the Chiefs.....

PM sig requests.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:

I hated him coming out. Wanted no part of him. And I'm probably one of his biggest supporters now. The situation with him is laughable. He's just not cut out for a ZBS.

His biggest asset is his acceleration, as I've said long before you joined this board. So why do we make him wait for blocks to develop before turning on the burners? He's great at going from 0 to 60 so let him get to the second level asap and make people miss. Why make him rely on patience and vision? His two biggest weaknesses (okay, aside from durability) are the most important parts of running in our scheme. Tell me how making the decision to change isn't completely retarded in that respect. It's as stupid as putting Peyton Manning in a wildcat offense or the Lakers running Princeton. And as if that wasn't crippling enough, our offensive line sucks balls at blocking in general. As do our fullbacks and starting TE. No wonder he isn't producing.

I don't see the need for the change that we did either. We fixed something that wasn't broken and NOTHING is more infuriating than doing crap like that. Overall good post.

PM sig requests.
Darkness

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt Ryan's so overrated. Another 3 INT first half for him. Palmer would tear it up with those weapons in that offense.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaron Rodgers just made a bonehead throw. HE'S A VET AND MAKING A TON OF MONEY. Unacceptable!! Bring back Flynn!!

PM sig requests.
Darkness

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
Aaron Rodgers just made a bonehead throw. HE'S A VET AND MAKING A TON OF MONEY. Unacceptable!! Bring back Flynn!!

Stafford doing his best to give the game away. This forum would have a heart attack if Palmer did that.
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Burgesskills wrote:

He is right on that one. Jtagg those ignore those posts. The most i got was a list from Oak who his top 10 is.

It was just a start, but you agreed with my list Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 24 of 30

Jump to: