Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

So, is everyone on board?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dolphinologist

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

phinmun wrote:

1.) We all wanted to see a possible Play-Off appearance, including you.

Far from the truth. I speak for no one else when I tell you that a complete 180 in offensive and defensive philosophy with a rookie QB does not bring post season appearances in it's first year.

phinmun wrote:

It was a realistic scenario

Again .... a complete 180 in offensive and defensive philosophy with a rookie QB.

phinmun wrote:

and calling me stupid is calling yourself stupid, too.

When do you turn 6 ?

phinmun wrote:

2.) If you don't know anything about the scheme or the coordinators, it's okay to say so. You don't have to post at all. Just admit you don't have any original thoughts.

Rude, condescending, hurtful etc ... that's me / unoriginal thoughts ? 100% you ... stick to the script

phinmun wrote:

3.) I said those things about the defense before you hopped on the bandwagon.

It's amazing to me how arrogant you can be when:

You have no access we don't have.
You have no insight we don't have.
You have no comments we can't make.

You and Merc are the old guard.

Bitter

and

Impatient.

All of us having the same access is what pisses me off with the BS some of you post. You all where chanting "Parcells type of guy" "Parcells type of guy" and couldn't see that those guys won't provide the quickness and athleticism you need to run WCO ?

And let me get this straight. I am willing to wait while the GM and the HC fill the roster with the right players for the scheme. I'm willing to wait while the rookie QB is developed. I haven't mentioned playoffs or wild card or anything. I also do not come in this forum like the sky is falling after every loss talking ignorant crap about the coordinators. BUT I'M BITTER AND IMPATIENT ... whatever blows your hair back.

Fellow Posters: I beg that you not misunderstand my level of arrogance. My handle is an implication of Dolphin study not necessarily Dolphin expertise.
phinmun

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dolphinologist wrote:
phinmun wrote:

1.) We all wanted to see a possible Play-Off appearance, including you.

Far from the truth. I speak for no one else when I tell you that a complete 180 in offensive and defensive philosophy with a rookie QB does not bring post season appearances in it's first year.

phinmun wrote:

It was a realistic scenario

Again .... a complete 180 in offensive and defensive philosophy with a rookie QB.

phinmun wrote:

and calling me stupid is calling yourself stupid, too.

When do you turn 6 ?

phinmun wrote:

2.) If you don't know anything about the scheme or the coordinators, it's okay to say so. You don't have to post at all. Just admit you don't have any original thoughts.

Rude, condescending, hurtful etc ... that's me / unoriginal thoughts ? 100% you ... stick to the script

phinmun wrote:

3.) I said those things about the defense before you hopped on the bandwagon.

Bitter

and

Impatient.

All of us having the same access is what pisses me off with the BS some of you post. You all where chanting "Parcells type of guy" "Parcells type of guy" and couldn't see that those guys won't provide the quickness and athleticism you need to run WCO ?

And let me get this straight. I am willing to wait while the GM and the HC fill the roster with the right players for the scheme. I'm willing to wait while the rookie QB is developed. I haven't mentioned playoffs or wild card or anything. I also do not come in this forum like the sky is falling after every loss talking ignorant crap about the coordinators. BUT I'M BITTER AND IMPATIENT ... whatever blows your hair back.

We're both fans who watch the games.

We're both intelligent people who can put 2 and 2 together.

We both post a lot in here.

We say many of the same things and basically agree in our opinions 90% of the time.

So why do you act like I'm crazy and you're not?

And why are you are so rude, disrespectful and condescending about it? I don't curse at you, call you inappropriate names or implant your name in places it shouldn't be used to annoy you. In other words, I don't cross the boundaries of what's decent in this forum where as you do. You're the only poster who does that and it's what undermines your otherwise useful and insightful posts. It's the only real thing that identifies you sadly.

Do you take no pride in your appearance around here? No one here wants to come in and get berated or read some else getting that treatment.

And what does it say about the fact you think the same things most of the time?

We agree about the O-line.
We agree about the D-line.
We agree about the roster overall.

We probably agree about the direction of the team.
We think similar things about Cam Cameron.
We think similar things about Tannehill.
We think similar things about the LBs and DBs.

When Sean Smith is hyped up and then plays badly I call him over-rated. I echo the same sentiment regarding his stiffness you spoke of when we drafted him. Is that crazy? To me, that's rational.

I call for time, draft picks and development to grow this team. I know that's not crazy and I know you agree with that.

Our QB and his weapons are serviceable. When we score 1 TD in 9 qtrs, I express that our OC is probably doing some things wrong to compound the roster problems. Is that crazy? To me, it's rational.

You should really be supporting most of what I say in here and vice versa. I'm more than willing to tip my cap to you, but you constantly (and fairly predictably) continue to fall into this line of thinking that condescending is the best form of communication between us.

Dude, be a smart [inappropriate/removed]. I'm fine with that. It's funny. But admit when you're just trying to get my goat. It's been pretty obvious for a long time now but it's a crime how good a contributor and poster you could be if you stopped trying to [inappropriate/removed] everyone off for no apparent reason.

You want a compliment? You're capable of putting together some great thoughts in posts that people enjoy. Look at your signature!

Post like that. Express what you think more often and don't worry so much about what others think. We can all nit-pick at each other but it makes so little sense when we're just approaching the same ideas from slightly different angles.
ovaw8lover

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too have concerns over Sherman. I have a hard time believing Jake Long, Incognito just all of a sudden forgot how to run block. I question Shermans run scheme. I cannot question his pass scheme because the line does not give him time to look deep. I just think they can design better run plays.

If I had to be honest with myself the only two lineman I would keep are Jake Long and Pouncey. The only reason we are giving Martin a pass is because he is a rookie. He has played like crap. The one troubling thing is Martin gets run over at the point of attack. I mean, literally run over. That is a sign on weakness and inability to anchor while droping your hips. Incognito just can move. Same can be said for Jerry.

I want to see Miami focus on drafting fast-quick guys. The DeShawn Jacksons of the world. I love the guy from West Virginia. No more of these big guys who cannot move. It is time to just draft athletes.
dolphan9954

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

phinmun, what do YOU know about the schemes? Because by all means enlighten me.

The weapons are that bad. Hartline is having a solid season, but he only truly runs out-cuts, 9 routes, curls, and slants. Bess doesn't even run that many routes. Inside the redzone both guys are pretty useless. Fasano is useless right now because he has to stay in to block to keep Martin from getting Tannehill killed. Marlon Moore contributes every third or fourth game. Matthews is a wildcard.

Clay didn't do anything through 8 games. He is starting to come around, and I think he is going to have a good ending to the season. He didn't know the playbook, then he did and he started dropping passes. Dropping passes led to him playing FB, and now he looks like he has it together and gets open consistently.

Reggie has no holes to run through, and rarely catches the ball. Daniel Thomas actually looks pretty good and is a useful blocker.

This team is 2 WR, 1 TE (COULD be Egnew or Clay), a LG and improved tackle play from having a good offense.

Phinisher on the Avatar
MDolphins2399 on the sig

Go Canes
phinmun

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovaw8lover wrote:
I too have concerns over Sherman. I have a hard time believing Jake Long, Incognito just all of a sudden forgot how to run block. I question Shermans run scheme. I cannot question his pass scheme because the line does not give him time to look deep. I just think they can design better run plays.

If I had to be honest with myself the only two lineman I would keep are Jake Long and Pouncey. The only reason we are giving Martin a pass is because he is a rookie. He has played like crap. The one troubling thing is Martin gets run over at the point of attack. I mean, literally run over. That is a sign on weakness and inability to anchor while droping your hips. Incognito just can move. Same can be said for Jerry.

I want to see Miami focus on drafting fast-quick guys. The DeShawn Jacksons of the world. I love the guy from West Virginia. No more of these big guys who cannot move. It is time to just draft athletes.

Isn't Woods from USC basically that guy?

He's not as physical at the line as some WRs, but he's quick and sharp in his routes and he's got "speed to burn."

Watching highlights it seems like his hands are highly realiable, too.

I thought a year or two this offense needed a Desean Jackson type.

I think Woods could be that guy.
phinmun

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dolphan9954 wrote:
phinmun, what do YOU know about the schemes? Because by all means enlighten me.

The weapons are that bad. Hartline is having a solid season, but he only truly runs out-cuts, 9 routes, curls, and slants. Bess doesn't even run that many routes. Inside the redzone both guys are pretty useless. Fasano is useless right now because he has to stay in to block to keep Martin from getting Tannehill killed. Marlon Moore contributes every third or fourth game. Matthews is a wildcard.

Clay didn't do anything through 8 games. He is starting to come around, and I think he is going to have a good ending to the season. He didn't know the playbook, then he did and he started dropping passes. Dropping passes led to him playing FB, and now he looks like he has it together and gets open consistently.

Reggie has no holes to run through, and rarely catches the ball. Daniel Thomas actually looks pretty good and is a useful blocker.

This team is 2 WR, 1 TE (COULD be Egnew or Clay), a LG and improved tackle play from having a good offense.

I agree. I can't sit here and debate that our options all display limitation.

But for example, when we consistently run on 1st down when we know we're not blocking well enough to gain yardage, what's that? You may as well let Tannehill try to do something. There's no use getting Reggie hurt by having 8 people gang-tackle him behind the LoS.

It's how dead the offense looks that makes me scratch my head. We've been absolutely inept at times this season, and while everyone here understand the roster affects that, I'm not willing to accept it is 'just fine.'

I'm not saying fire Sherman here. Understand that. I'm just saying (like Ovaw) a lot of us are scratching our heads. It's more than just roster issues.
Pierrot35

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

phinmun wrote:
dolphinologist wrote:
1. I can't have sympathy for anyone that let postseason thought enter their mind.

2. Lay off the coordinators. You sounded smarter when you where talking about the playoffs. These same coordinators ripped off a 3 game winning streak with this same squad. They are running a standard wc offense and a traditional 4-3 cover two. So just stop it.

3. We have players playing out of position. Because the owner is no smarter than you are. Because he wants to win while you rebuild and if he doesn't win he starts to rebuild all over again. And what makes it worse, he won't admit that we are rebuilding. We go run first and fill a roster with players (especially linemen) that fit that scheme. However that's no the way of the current NFL. It's the way of a the Mango Head Dinosaur who wanted to add this decade to his over rated legacy. And your tuna pimped our owner. Now we have dinosaur linemen in a gazelle oriented offense. We wanna run quick slants underneath of safeties who are supposed to pre occupied with a speed demon. But we lack the speed demon.

We got 4-3 tackles at DE and 1 dimensional DTs

We only have two offensive linemen that fit and only one of them are playing well. Our corners are a joke ...

The book is out on us. Throw the ball. And it's not scheme it's the schemers. The Players.

So leave these accomplished championship level coordinators alone. You sound silly.

I think the answer to all of this is to draft BPA (and by best, I mean quick athletic, current era athletes) ... we need a team of Football players.

1.) We all wanted to see a possible Play-Off appearance, including you. It's the reason teams play football. It was a realistic scenario for a short time and calling me stupid is calling yourself stupid, too.

2.) If you don't know anything in detail about the scheme or the coordinators' history, it's okay to say so. You don't have to post at all. Just admit you don't have any original thoughts because you don't know anything about the topic I can't grab from Wikipedia in 5 seconds.

3.) I said those things about the defense before you hopped on the bandwagon. There's no one in this forum who can't describe what's up with the roster right now.

Bitter

and

Impatient.

I second that as far as the knowitallogist and that is why I stopped posting years ago.

When somebody with limited knowledge and insight takes it personnel you are better off going elsewhere.

I am disapointed to see that is has not changed and that few new posters stick around obviously.

It is not a big surprise however. I still enjoy reading most of you guys from time to time.
phinmun

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pierrot35 wrote:
phinmun wrote:
dolphinologist wrote:
1. I can't have sympathy for anyone that let postseason thought enter their mind.

2. Lay off the coordinators. You sounded smarter when you where talking about the playoffs. These same coordinators ripped off a 3 game winning streak with this same squad. They are running a standard wc offense and a traditional 4-3 cover two. So just stop it.

3. We have players playing out of position. Because the owner is no smarter than you are. Because he wants to win while you rebuild and if he doesn't win he starts to rebuild all over again. And what makes it worse, he won't admit that we are rebuilding. We go run first and fill a roster with players (especially linemen) that fit that scheme. However that's no the way of the current NFL. It's the way of a the Mango Head Dinosaur who wanted to add this decade to his over rated legacy. And your tuna pimped our owner. Now we have dinosaur linemen in a gazelle oriented offense. We wanna run quick slants underneath of safeties who are supposed to pre occupied with a speed demon. But we lack the speed demon.

We got 4-3 tackles at DE and 1 dimensional DTs

We only have two offensive linemen that fit and only one of them are playing well. Our corners are a joke ...

The book is out on us. Throw the ball. And it's not scheme it's the schemers. The Players.

So leave these accomplished championship level coordinators alone. You sound silly.

I think the answer to all of this is to draft BPA (and by best, I mean quick athletic, current era athletes) ... we need a team of Football players.

1.) We all wanted to see a possible Play-Off appearance, including you. It's the reason teams play football. It was a realistic scenario for a short time and calling me stupid is calling yourself stupid, too.

2.) If you don't know anything in detail about the scheme or the coordinators' history, it's okay to say so. You don't have to post at all. Just admit you don't have any original thoughts because you don't know anything about the topic I can't grab from Wikipedia in 5 seconds.

3.) I said those things about the defense before you hopped on the bandwagon. There's no one in this forum who can't describe what's up with the roster right now.

Bitter

and

Impatient.

I second that as far as the knowitallogist and that is why I stopped posting years ago.

When somebody with limited knowledge and insight takes it personnel you are better off going elsewhere.

I am disapointed to see that is has not changed and that few new posters stick around obviously.

It is not a big surprise however. I still enjoy reading most of you guys from time to time.

Hey, P.

Welcome! It's a real shame we haven't seem more of you!

I think a lot of people have had similar thoughts and unfortunately we've lost some great contributors. I took the summer off myself.

There's a lot of chastising that goes on here which doesn't make sense when it's all just fans. No one's controlling the franchise. I realize it can be frustrating but it is most disappointing that it seems to be projected towards fellow fans in this forum sometimes.

You shouldn't have to preface anything by saying, "This is my opinion so please don't kill me..." but there seems to be a real arrogance around here amongst a lot of the posters. You might see me disagree but I do it logically and I certainly hold off on talking down to people.

The number of posters in here is shrinking rapidly though and unfortunately it's been the better amongst us that's vanished.
ericsvibe

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple of quick observations I have seen this season.

1. Martin REALLY needs this off season to bulk up. He gets run over way too much when he is left one on one. But some of the blame goes to Sherman as well, because he can roll Tennehill towards the left to get some room, and he doesnt do that enough.

2. Fasano doesn't have the speed to be effective in a quick strike offense. Most of the time Fasano hasnt even turned around by the time the ball comes out. Some of it is how quickly Tanne has to get rid of the ball due to a leaky line, but if you look at the teams running the WCO, the ball comes out quickly. The phins have to find a TE with some speed.

3. This offense is only one WR away from being able to open it up. We need a deep threat WR to back the safetys up. I'm not talking about a Fitz or Johnson type, we can be effective with a TY Hilton, Pierre Garcon type of WR.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: