Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

My crazy 2013 mock draft, you might hate me after reading it
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Jamison.


Joined: 08 Mar 2011
Posts: 7413
Location: no
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hell even Chance Warmack.
_________________

Jamison.'s Gallery
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Wr80


Joined: 27 Dec 2011
Posts: 492
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are a moron #1, how the [inappropriate/removed] does Latimore miss? He might not ever play football again.... and Reid that high of a pick? Yeah right.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IDOG_det


Moderator
Joined: 02 Mar 2009
Posts: 24660
Location: Ron Paul 2012 #JDI
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wr80 wrote:
You are a moron #1,
You know, I appreciate this insight. I usually can't pry this kind of analysis out of these other posters here. You just set the bar at another level. Wait, are you James Cameron?

Wr80 wrote:
how the [inappropriate/removed] does Latimore miss? He might not ever play football again....
He might not play football again, true. So could every other player in the draft. He can recover. Quickly? Probably not. Could he fully recover? He could get close, and should be enough for teams to draft him.

Wr80 wrote:
and Reid that high of a pick? Yeah right.
Mark Barron. Besides, Jeff knows his defense and if he feels Reid gives him a great safety, he'd be an idiot to pass.


EVERY ELSE TAKE NOTE OF HIS INSIGHT!!! YOU COULD LEARN A THING OR TWO!!!!
_________________
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew



R.I.P. Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NIKEJWN


Joined: 14 Feb 2007
Posts: 2515
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
BillsGuy82 wrote:
I don't hate you, but Derek Carr is insane Shocked , he hasn't even rose to 3rd round talent nevermind 1st.. Also could be easier pill to swallow if Tyler Wilson is off the board.

Your mock though !!
I have Carr & Geno both rated at the top of the draft. Carr will rise but I don't think he's coming out this year, and he is already past a 3rd grade for many people, I think Jrry has him rated high as well.


Not to jump on this pick but I had to do a double take and then check to see if this was a joke mock. The way Buddy likes to pick he is all about SEC or Big time programs. Carr is not that. I am not saying he cant be good, but I just dont think the Bills will go this route.
_________________


Max's 2010 Annual Draft Contest Winner


Adopt a Bill 2011- SS George Wilson
CB Drayton Florence
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IDOG_det


Moderator
Joined: 02 Mar 2009
Posts: 24660
Location: Ron Paul 2012 #JDI
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NIKEJWN wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
BillsGuy82 wrote:
I don't hate you, but Derek Carr is insane Shocked , he hasn't even rose to 3rd round talent nevermind 1st.. Also could be easier pill to swallow if Tyler Wilson is off the board.

Your mock though !!
I have Carr & Geno both rated at the top of the draft. Carr will rise but I don't think he's coming out this year, and he is already past a 3rd grade for many people, I think Jrry has him rated high as well.


Not to jump on this pick but I had to do a double take and then check to see if this was a joke mock. The way Buddy likes to pick he is all about SEC or Big time programs. Carr is not that. I am not saying he cant be good, but I just dont think the Bills will go this route.
Thanks for sharing that. I will definitely consider it when this mock is redone.
_________________
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew



R.I.P. Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TommyC376


Joined: 08 Feb 2008
Posts: 10266
Location: Capital Wasteland
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like Derek Carr. So I cant hate you for this mock. But I can hate you for other reasons.

What are the chances Carr comes out though?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rpmwr19


Moderator
Joined: 23 Dec 2006
Posts: 24682
Location: Stillwater, MN
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a fan of Williams for the Vikings; if we go receiver in the 1st Justin Hunter would be the better selection IMO
_________________
RPMs Viking Roster/Cap Tracker
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The LBC


Global Moderator
Joined: 12 Jan 2008
Posts: 23858
Location: Where We Can't Have Nice Things
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:56 pm    Post subject: Re: My crazy 2013 mock draft, you might hate me after readin Reply with quote

Honest thoughts? And I'm going to try not to rip you to shreds here because there is some attention to needs, trends, etc.

However...

- "Motor" issues aside, Jonathan Hankins is too athletically gifted to fall that far. And hot and cold motor is something that a number of front offices will roll the dice on because they feel that the right coach can "coach" it out of him. I'd say it's a straight anomaly if the guy makes it out of the Top 10, much less Top 15 (and if he fell this far, someone would likely trade up for him because he's extremely scheme diverse).

- You really rank Dee Milliner that lowly? I mean, I get that some people want to give more weight to Banks' floor than to Milliner's ceiling right now (though in this modern rookie wage scale era teams more often than not value the later over the former - see Stephon Gilmore this past draft). I, too, have my suspicions that Milliner may not run as fast on the track as he appears to on tape and is credited to on paper, but I have those same concerns about Banks. I'm really not debating one or the other as the Chargers pick right now, as Banks is actually a very good schematic fit for the off-man coverage that has been so prevalent in our defense this past several years. Just commenting more on the parity between the two prospects.

- Carradine just ripped his ACL to shreds against Florida. I realize he's had a very nice statistical campaign this season with Jenkins out, but he's really only got most of one year of good tape and that tape still shows him to be incredibly raw. Meanwhile, this knee injury is likely to cause him to miss all the pre-draft workouts and quite possibly start his rookie year on the PUP. That's not someone a team's going to invest a 1st round pick in. In fact, I'd say he's got a much better chance to go 3rd round at this point than 1st round. It's too much of a gamble on one year of production/tape.

- Unless Jarvis Jones gets popped for something illegal or suffers an injury that will keep him out long-term, I really can't see a blue chip prospect like him falling to 22... just isn't going to happen. This isn't like a "blue chip" 5-Technique DE or a top-rated MLB who doesn't have elite athleticism... this is a multi-dimensional and scheme-diverse pass-rusher (who can also play the run and has fluid enough hips to drop into coverage) who has near-elite (he may exceed that at the combine, but right now "elite" athleticism needs to be held up against the likes of Ware, Von Miller, and Clay Matthews and I think he falls just slightly short of that in more the Robert Quinn, Chris Long category) athleticism. Guys like that don't typically make it out of the top 10 and he'd be a prospect of a high enough caliber to make me say, screw the great need for the Chargers and take the far better prospect to maximize the benefit of the first Top 10 pick the team has had in almost a decade (similar to what the Packers did selecting Raji in 2009).

- Props on the stones to project Te'o #1 overall, but with a likely new GM coming in, I don't know that many, if any, GM's are going to have similar stones. I think Te'o's lack of elite athleticism is going to cause him to have a bit of a slide. At this point the hype train is alive and running full steam and they guy will interview well. He's going to go higher than I feel he should (if we're going strictly off of what he can do on the field) in likely the Brian Cushing range (which is acceptable because his intangibles and leadership abilities will likely be sufficient to merit that; coaches just need to be confident that he can be that Cushing/Lewis type that will wear the dot on the helmet and set-up/call the defensive audibles).
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JammerHammer21


Joined: 27 Dec 2009
Posts: 25164
Location: Anywhere
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LBC, Jones has Spinal Stenosis, which ended MM's career.
_________________

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IDOG_det


Moderator
Joined: 02 Mar 2009
Posts: 24660
Location: Ron Paul 2012 #JDI
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
LBC, Jones has Spinal Stenosis, which ended MM's career.
My exact reason behind dropping him. He also plays a position where more severe contact will be made, and that could have an effect in his spine. He's also already been told to quit football, I'm not sure if McNeill was as well before the draft, but having that diagnosis at one point could scare away many teams.
_________________
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew



R.I.P. Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BringinDaPain


Joined: 26 Dec 2011
Posts: 3901
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the Carolina's pick.
_________________

2012 DROY Winner - Luke Kuechly 164 tackles, 2 Int, 1 sack, 11 TFLs, 8 PD and 3 Fumble recoveries
Luke Kuechly - 2013 Defensive Player of the Year
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The LBC


Global Moderator
Joined: 12 Jan 2008
Posts: 23858
Location: Where We Can't Have Nice Things
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
LBC, Jones has Spinal Stenosis, which ended MM's career.
My exact reason behind dropping him. He also plays a position where more severe contact will be made, and that could have an effect in his spine. He's also already been told to quit football, I'm not sure if McNeill was as well before the draft, but having that diagnosis at one point could scare away many teams.

I didn't know that. Though call me crazy... I still think someone rolls the dice on him in the 1st, probably even the Top 20. Gronk has spinal stenosis too. Yes, it's probably ultimately going to cut the career of both players short in the long-run, but if you get a Gronk-comparable impact at pass-rusher for even a shortened-from-normal period of time, is that not worth a 1st round pick and the less-than-pricey rookie contracts that are out nowadays.

Like you, this pretty much solidifies Moore above Jones for me. But with rookie contracts costing considerably less than under the previous CBA, someone's going to see a likelihood of 4 years of premium performance from Jones as preferable to 4 years of lesser performance (with the possibility they develop into something comparable and then are amenable to being re-signed) from Alex Okafour or Dion Jordan (and I'm a BIG Dion Jordan backer).
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IDOG_det


Moderator
Joined: 02 Mar 2009
Posts: 24660
Location: Ron Paul 2012 #JDI
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
LBC, Jones has Spinal Stenosis, which ended MM's career.
My exact reason behind dropping him. He also plays a position where more severe contact will be made, and that could have an effect in his spine. He's also already been told to quit football, I'm not sure if McNeill was as well before the draft, but having that diagnosis at one point could scare away many teams.

I didn't know that. Though call me crazy... I still think someone rolls the dice on him in the 1st, probably even the Top 20. Gronk has spinal stenosis too. Yes, it's probably ultimately going to cut the career of both players short in the long-run, but if you get a Gronk-comparable impact at pass-rusher for even a shortened-from-normal period of time, is that not worth a 1st round pick and the less-than-pricey rookie contracts that are out nowadays.

Like you, this pretty much solidifies Moore above Jones for me. But with rookie contracts costing considerably less than under the previous CBA, someone's going to see a likelihood of 4 years of premium performance from Jones as preferable to 4 years of lesser performance (with the possibility they develop into something comparable and then are amenable to being re-signed) from Alex Okafour or Dion Jordan (and I'm a BIG Dion Jordan backer).
Yeah, his situation is a little tricky. He could become a Gronk level player, but he could also bust. That's obviously the normal risk of a rookie, but he has the added risk of a shortened career. I think a team that could really use him right now would take him and the first team in the order that U thought would do that was Seattle. Now, I didn't do trades, but I'd expect someone like the Patriots to move up to around 15-20 and take him there. I think he could be a special player, but I just have extra doubts.
_________________
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew



R.I.P. Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Wr80


Joined: 27 Dec 2011
Posts: 492
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
Wr80 wrote:
You are a moron #1,
You know, I appreciate this insight. I usually can't pry this kind of analysis out of these other posters here. You just set the bar at another level. Wait, are you James Cameron?

Wr80 wrote:
how the [inappropriate/removed] does Latimore miss? He might not ever play football again....
He might not play football again, true. So could every other player in the draft. He can recover. Quickly? Probably not. Could he fully recover? He could get close, and should be enough for teams to draft him.

Wr80 wrote:
and Reid that high of a pick? Yeah right.
Mark Barron. Besides, Jeff knows his defense and if he feels Reid gives him a great safety, he'd be an idiot to pass.


EVERY ELSE TAKE NOTE OF HIS INSIGHT!!! YOU COULD LEARN A THING OR TWO!!!!


....Did you not watch his injury? This isn't his first injury either. The kid won't get drafted. If it was yeah, i'd say he could recover and still be a legit pick and threat. It's not. And as for Mark Barron, great player and yes I would love Reid i'm not saying he's a bad pick up for the Rams but he wouldn't be BPA at that point. The Rams aren't a team looking to fill up some slots that they have weakness in, other than a few positions we really still need BPA. You're still a moron for not having any kind of insight to the team. All good though, it's an both of our opinions.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nobody


Joined: 02 Aug 2012
Posts: 2037
Location: Final Four and counting!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TommyC376 wrote:
I really like Derek Carr. So I cant hate you for this mock. But I can hate you for other reasons.

What are the chances Carr comes out though?
He is staying.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group