Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Raiders release LB Aaron Curry
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Silver&Black88


Joined: 24 Feb 2009
Posts: 34052
Location: Boston, MA
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
Tooki wrote:
GoneWithTheWind wrote:
THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
green24 wrote:
I was sure he was going to be a stud. He was my second favorite in that class.

Seriously, who didn't bust in that class?
Matthews and Raji Cool

Orakpo Cool


Percy Cool


Max Unger Cool


Alex Mack Cool

Though our 3 2nd rounders are all busts Crying or Very sad


James Laurinaitis Cool


DHB



Laughing
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JaguarCrazy2832


Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 84209
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, amazing what it means to be the safest guy in the draft
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pigsooie5


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 4196
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
Chicago has a history of going for players drafted high that fail in there current situation...especially as of late. It's going to take the right scheme/coaches if he is going to have any shot at resurrecting his career. I do think the T2 Defense with Marinelli would be his best fit.

I had a weird feeling about this... Curry is in Chicago for a workout.
http://www.fantasysp.com/player/nfl/Aaron_Curry/2561368/bears-aaron-curry-gets-workout
_________________

BEARS------BULLS------DODGERS------KINGS
Adopt-A-Bear: Kyle Long, Guard
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
TheVillain112


Moderator
Joined: 19 Feb 2010
Posts: 16930
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:
Chicago has a history of going for players drafted high that fail in there current situation...especially as of late. It's going to take the right scheme/coaches if he is going to have any shot at resurrecting his career. I do think the T2 Defense with Marinelli would be his best fit.

I had a weird feeling about this... Curry is in Chicago for a workout.
http://www.fantasysp.com/player/nfl/Aaron_Curry/2561368/bears-aaron-curry-gets-workout


I like it. Hope that doesn't mean Briggs has a serious injury though...
_________________
Hokie wrote:
Yall remember that one time Burifict made a tackle and didn't have to leave the game? Good times.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pigsooie5


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 4196
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:
Chicago has a history of going for players drafted high that fail in there current situation...especially as of late. It's going to take the right scheme/coaches if he is going to have any shot at resurrecting his career. I do think the T2 Defense with Marinelli would be his best fit.

I had a weird feeling about this... Curry is in Chicago for a workout.
http://www.fantasysp.com/player/nfl/Aaron_Curry/2561368/bears-aaron-curry-gets-workout


I like it. Hope that doesn't mean Briggs has a serious injury though...

The most recent update we've gotten on Briggs' injury was 2 days ago, I just quoted one of our posters
Madmike90 wrote:
Via Jensen...

Quote:
Indications I'm getting, optimistic about Lance Briggs & Charles Tillman, unclear on Devin Hester and serious concern about Lance Louis.

Although, Tillman has already said he's going to play, same with Forte, so the fact that we havent heard anything on Briggs is a little bit concerning, however.
_________________

BEARS------BULLS------DODGERS------KINGS
Adopt-A-Bear: Kyle Long, Guard
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Superman(DH23)


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 19338
Location: Abdi on the sick sig
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:
Chicago has a history of going for players drafted high that fail in there current situation...especially as of late. It's going to take the right scheme/coaches if he is going to have any shot at resurrecting his career. I do think the T2 Defense with Marinelli would be his best fit.

I had a weird feeling about this... Curry is in Chicago for a workout.
http://www.fantasysp.com/player/nfl/Aaron_Curry/2561368/bears-aaron-curry-gets-workout


I like it. Hope that doesn't mean Briggs has a serious injury though...
Curry is a SLB in a 4-3, it has nothing to do w/ Briggs, its about depth.
_________________

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Superman(DH23)


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 19338
Location: Abdi on the sick sig
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
El ramster wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
Tooki wrote:
GoneWithTheWind wrote:
THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
green24 wrote:
I was sure he was going to be a stud. He was my second favorite in that class.

Seriously, who didn't bust in that class?
Matthews and Raji Cool

Orakpo Cool


Percy Cool


Max Unger Cool


Alex Mack Cool

Though our 3 2nd rounders are all busts Crying or Very sad


James Laurinaitis Cool


DHB



Laughing
Henry Melton & DJ Moore
_________________

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheVillain112


Moderator
Joined: 19 Feb 2010
Posts: 16930
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:
Chicago has a history of going for players drafted high that fail in there current situation...especially as of late. It's going to take the right scheme/coaches if he is going to have any shot at resurrecting his career. I do think the T2 Defense with Marinelli would be his best fit.

I had a weird feeling about this... Curry is in Chicago for a workout.
http://www.fantasysp.com/player/nfl/Aaron_Curry/2561368/bears-aaron-curry-gets-workout


I like it. Hope that doesn't mean Briggs has a serious injury though...
Curry is a SLB in a 4-3, it has nothing to do w/ Briggs, its about depth.


Not solely. He played some WLB with the Seahawks and Raiders. At this point I don't think Curry really has "a" LB position, kind of a jack-of-all trades master of none type LB...
_________________
Hokie wrote:
Yall remember that one time Burifict made a tackle and didn't have to leave the game? Good times.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
EliteTexan80


Most Valuable Poster
Joined: 30 Apr 2007
Posts: 38162
Location: Three time Mr. fanTASTic!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:
Chicago has a history of going for players drafted high that fail in there current situation...especially as of late. It's going to take the right scheme/coaches if he is going to have any shot at resurrecting his career. I do think the T2 Defense with Marinelli would be his best fit.

I had a weird feeling about this... Curry is in Chicago for a workout.
http://www.fantasysp.com/player/nfl/Aaron_Curry/2561368/bears-aaron-curry-gets-workout


I like it. Hope that doesn't mean Briggs has a serious injury though...
Curry is a SLB in a 4-3, it has nothing to do w/ Briggs, its about depth.


Not solely. He played some WLB with the Seahawks and Raiders. At this point I don't think Curry really has "a" LB position, kind of a jack-of-all trades master of none type LB...


Was about to say the same thing. Curry bounced around between the two positions (perhaps one of the reasons he never developed as expectations had him developing?) and could play either...he's best suited as an SLB in a 4-3, but don't think there are many other options for 4-3 WLBs on the market right now, and he's got the experience for the role...
_________________


vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Superman(DH23)


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 19338
Location: Abdi on the sick sig
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:
Chicago has a history of going for players drafted high that fail in there current situation...especially as of late. It's going to take the right scheme/coaches if he is going to have any shot at resurrecting his career. I do think the T2 Defense with Marinelli would be his best fit.

I had a weird feeling about this... Curry is in Chicago for a workout.
http://www.fantasysp.com/player/nfl/Aaron_Curry/2561368/bears-aaron-curry-gets-workout


I like it. Hope that doesn't mean Briggs has a serious injury though...
Curry is a SLB in a 4-3, it has nothing to do w/ Briggs, its about depth.


Not solely. He played some WLB with the Seahawks and Raiders. At this point I don't think Curry really has "a" LB position, kind of a jack-of-all trades master of none type LB...


Was about to say the same thing. Curry bounced around between the two positions (perhaps one of the reasons he never developed as expectations had him developing?) and could play either...he's best suited as an SLB in a 4-3, but don't think there are many other options for 4-3 WLBs on the market right now, and he's got the experience for the role...
Geno Hayes has played the position in the defense before and is already on the roster. He's a better option.
_________________

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheVillain112


Moderator
Joined: 19 Feb 2010
Posts: 16930
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
Geno Hayes has played the position in the defense before and is already on the roster. He's a better option.


Of course. Don't think anyone was thinking Curry would come in and start. Just saying if Briggs has a serious injury they'll need depth...
_________________
Hokie wrote:
Yall remember that one time Burifict made a tackle and didn't have to leave the game? Good times.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
EliteTexan80


Most Valuable Poster
Joined: 30 Apr 2007
Posts: 38162
Location: Three time Mr. fanTASTic!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:
Chicago has a history of going for players drafted high that fail in there current situation...especially as of late. It's going to take the right scheme/coaches if he is going to have any shot at resurrecting his career. I do think the T2 Defense with Marinelli would be his best fit.

I had a weird feeling about this... Curry is in Chicago for a workout.
http://www.fantasysp.com/player/nfl/Aaron_Curry/2561368/bears-aaron-curry-gets-workout


I like it. Hope that doesn't mean Briggs has a serious injury though...
Curry is a SLB in a 4-3, it has nothing to do w/ Briggs, its about depth.


Not solely. He played some WLB with the Seahawks and Raiders. At this point I don't think Curry really has "a" LB position, kind of a jack-of-all trades master of none type LB...


Was about to say the same thing. Curry bounced around between the two positions (perhaps one of the reasons he never developed as expectations had him developing?) and could play either...he's best suited as an SLB in a 4-3, but don't think there are many other options for 4-3 WLBs on the market right now, and he's got the experience for the role...
Geno Hayes has played the position in the defense before and is already on the roster. He's a better option.


Never said he was gonna START, mind you. Just said he's being brought in to fill a role. As you said, depth. If you didn't have depth and something happened to Hayes, what would happen then?
_________________


vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Superman(DH23)


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 19338
Location: Abdi on the sick sig
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:
Chicago has a history of going for players drafted high that fail in there current situation...especially as of late. It's going to take the right scheme/coaches if he is going to have any shot at resurrecting his career. I do think the T2 Defense with Marinelli would be his best fit.

I had a weird feeling about this... Curry is in Chicago for a workout.
http://www.fantasysp.com/player/nfl/Aaron_Curry/2561368/bears-aaron-curry-gets-workout


I like it. Hope that doesn't mean Briggs has a serious injury though...
Curry is a SLB in a 4-3, it has nothing to do w/ Briggs, its about depth.


Not solely. He played some WLB with the Seahawks and Raiders. At this point I don't think Curry really has "a" LB position, kind of a jack-of-all trades master of none type LB...


Was about to say the same thing. Curry bounced around between the two positions (perhaps one of the reasons he never developed as expectations had him developing?) and could play either...he's best suited as an SLB in a 4-3, but don't think there are many other options for 4-3 WLBs on the market right now, and he's got the experience for the role...
Geno Hayes has played the position in the defense before and is already on the roster. He's a better option.


Never said he was gonna START, mind you. Just said he's being brought in to fill a role. As you said, depth. If you didn't have depth and something happened to Hayes, what would happen then?
Which is why I said he's being brought in for depth, right now the backup LBs are Blake Costanzo, Geno Hayes, & JT Thomas. They just promoted Patrick Trahan up from the PS this week as well. I'm actually curious as to what kind of ST player Curry b/c this really could be about getting Peanut off of ST w/ his broken foot.
_________________

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FG21_PW52


Joined: 06 Feb 2008
Posts: 4383
Location: 831, CA.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Geno Hayes has played the position in the defense before and is already on the roster. He's a better option.


Of course. Don't think anyone was thinking Curry would come in and start. Just saying if Briggs has a serious injury they'll need depth...


Briggs--Urlacher--Curry could be very scary though...
_________________
INSERT COOL IMAGE HERE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JammerHammer21


Joined: 27 Dec 2009
Posts: 27229
Location: Anywhere
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FG21_PW52 wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Geno Hayes has played the position in the defense before and is already on the roster. He's a better option.


Of course. Don't think anyone was thinking Curry would come in and start. Just saying if Briggs has a serious injury they'll need depth...


Briggs--Urlacher--Curry could be very scary though...


Based on the fact that Curry has done what?
_________________

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group