Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Eagles Release DE Jason Babin
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dr. Philly

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have fun jacksonville

simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies

#JDI
sp6488

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bednarik60 wrote:
I didn't care for him and Trent Coles off the field act. They are outdoors man and seemed to take it to another level this past offseason with some hype and fan following for there outdoor adventures.. They were hiking and climbing here and there and risking there life doing this and that.. and they come into Camp and the Season with completely flat un-explosive legs..they just look soft.. and tired every game.. I think they blew there energy in the summer and never got into real football shape .. as well at age catching up to them.. Babins the worst.. he looks so soft and uninterested in tackling anything.. he just looks flat.

I don't know why, but this post made me laugh.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciz wrote:
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/273897762544824320
He's a Jaguar Laughing

Henne + CSIII + Blackmon + Babin = I don't know, but it equals something...

Orlovsky has too much experience here. Manziel doesn't stand a chance.
Remixxxxxxx

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe the lack of pressure in Jacksonville will help he perform better? I doubt it, but it's possible - dude is a bum.
RaidersAreOne

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently 8 tams put in bids for him.

First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
JTagg7754 on the sig.
eagles101

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaidersAreOne wrote:

no surprised since he had 18 sacks last season. sure a lot of teams think that he could get back to his last two years in there system.

props to deadpulse

vikingsvikings wrote:

I don't understand most of that, but I can tell it's probably inaccurate.
billsoilers

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best 6-10 team ever, finishing on a 4 game w streak Very Happy
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eagles101 wrote:
RaidersAreOne wrote:

no surprised since he had 18 sacks last season. sure a lot of teams think that he could get back to his last two years in there system.

Chargers, Raiders, Dolphins, Browns are ones I know put a claim in. I don't know why the Chargers would, Babin hasn't succeeded anywhere but a wide 9.

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
BenchSanchez

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
BenchSanchez wrote:
Eagles_808 wrote:
Ketchup wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
He isn't even a situational pass rusher. He is a Wide 9 situational pass rusher.
Scheme fit is overrated.
Ketchup, you clearly know nothing of Babin. Without Jim Washburn's wide-9 (they were together in TEN two years ago), Babin is literally a bum. And even this year, in the same system, he did not produce.

Wide 9 is not a type of defense, it is a technique. All you simply do is tell your DE's to line up in the 9 which is pretty much the D Gap - right next to the tight end. Really has nothing to do with Jim Washburn's defense unless these were coverage sacks. Obviously takes a lot longer to run from a Wide 9 than a traditional spot.

People are giving too much credit to "the Wide 9." Again it's not a type of defense it's just a technique - that opens up a lot of running lanes. Laughing

Well, it's part of a defensive scheme. And the bold shows a complete lack of understanding of the Wide 9. The point of the Wide 9 is allow speedy edge rushers to stress OTs by forcing the OTs to have to kick-slide quicker to meet them at the corner which opens up a wide gap to the inside allowing for counter moves to the inside to be more effective. Plus the added stress it puts on the OT in having to move quicker, get out further and protect a bigger inside gap makes outside moves more effective and occasionally if the OT is a split second late off the snap, the DE can get by him without being touched.

The Wide 9 definitely makes pass rushing easier for edge rushers like Babin. However, it also makes run stopping a whole lot harder. You gotta be a darn good run stopper at DE to be able to effectively stop the run in the Wide 9...Babin being a terrible run stopper was only made worse in that regard in the Wide 9.

I never said what you said wasn't true, but also what you bolded of mine is actually true. I think you missed my point but that is okay. I understand how the Wide 9 works as it sounds you do too, just some mis communication.

But it still stands that the wide 9 is not a type of defense but it is a technique. If you read exactly what you wrote, you described a technique a pass rusher could use. You can do simple research to confirm.

Last year it just seemed people were saying "Wide 9" to make it sound like they knew a thing or two about football but their idea of it was/is all wrong. I just tried to clear it up.

You don't run a 3-4, 4-3, or a Wide 9. Laughing It's a technique. Just trying to provide information for anyone who thought otherwise.

New York Jets Rutgers Scarlet Knights Brooklyn Nets New York Mets

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: