Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Earl Thomas fined 15k for hit on Tannehill

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brown_Mamba

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:59 pm    Post subject: Earl Thomas fined 15k for hit on Tannehill Reply with quote

Quote:
Seattle Seahawks safety Earl Thomas says he has been fined by the NFL for his roughing the passer penalty against Miami quarterback Ryan Tannehill last week.

http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/2019783653_apfbnseahawksthomasfined.html

Earl's reaction? Cool

Dirk No-Miss-zki fan
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW. WOW. IS THIS A JOKE?

Wow. I don't have anything constructive to say. That's a clown move.

^Rammy
Biggest Irvn, Michael, and ET Supporter

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'll put the 2013 Seahawks one spot over the 2008 Steelers on the Top 10
KayJayz

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a joke. That play debatably cost us the game (negated a redzone INT and they ran it in on the next set of downs) and was obviously not intentional and he is going to get fined?

I like some of the things that Goodell is doing for the game but crap like this is ruining it.

~props to mike23md~
Brown_Mamba

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he decides to suspend Sherman and Browner along with this fine, then that will be two sports commissioners who hate the city of Seattle.

Stern, of course, being the other.

Dirk No-Miss-zki fan
TheDudeAbides

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked

Earl should have gone Trent Cole on Tannehill and ripped his arm off. That's only $7,500 and wouldn't have resulted in a penalty.

Win/Win.

That's the lesson you're pushing, Roger.

#smh

TommyC376 on the Sig
drunkhawk

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yet Suh got only $30k? lol

"I've never called anybody ugly. Do I think people are ugly? Yeah, I think he's ugly, but I've never said that..."
hawksman81

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I mean I can see why the ref threw the flag as precaution, but a fine?

That is uncalled for. Confused

SaveourSonics wrote:
I love D!ck

JustisM wrote:
Why'd they turn the lights on?
Big Ben is more effective in the dark.
Tooki

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get the penalty, because any action like that will get a penalty 11 times out of 10.

But a fine is far too far. This wasn't intentional and it is sending the wrong message.
TheoryofSeahawk

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The nfl seems to be operating on the thought that as long as they continue to hand out fines people will ignorantly believe that there must have been an infraction. And it's probably true. Most people won't see the actual non-foul, so they will believe that something awful must have happened here in order to warrant a this kind of fine. Obviously we know that it's not only false, but with the fine, it's apparent that Goodell is basically lying about what happened to the non-informed general public. Makes me glad, I no longer support the nfl financially by buying merchandise or attending games. I do still support the nfl in a way by watching the games (Seahawk games at least) which helps them get advertising business. I will have to reconsider this, as I can not and will not continue to support such a fraudulent attempt justifying a fixed system. Maybe I'll go back to watching WWE wrestling. At least they don't attempt to hide behind some fake legitimacy, like Goodell and Stern and Selig are doing and have done for years.

Sheldon Cooper
silus

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Believe this, if Earl Thomas has another incident, one that really warranted a fine, they will come back to this incident and say its a pattern. Thats what the NFL is trying to do. ESPN writers are doing the same thing. Not the best example, but with Ndamukong Suh, they bring up the time where he pushed Jay Cutler hard to the ground and the announcer falsely thought it was an elbow to the head. They try to make everything stick, and its getting harder for clean defensive players.
bobob123

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was a total B/S call and it cost us the game... I couldn't believe they called that a 'roughing the passer' foul.. first off, Tannehill was outside the pocket, and secondly Earl never hit him in the head, it was more in the high-chest area...

That was just another example of how poor the regular refs can be.. crap like that costs teams wins and playoff spots!

"Guess what! I got a fever, and the only prescription, is MORE COWBELL!!" - Christopher Walken
hdshot

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remeber when the NHL went all out to protect the goal tenders 10+ years ago. Those rules went overboard and changed the out come to many games and I ended up stop watching because refs and rules are boring.

Now those feeling are starting again for me about the NFL after that ET bs call that changed the out come. ET was trying to block the pass and this is not basketball. I can understand not allowing players to use their helmet as a weapon, but let the helmet serve it's purpose to protect their heads from the contact of the game.

I can see why former players are saying the NFL has peaked. The NFL needs changes but not these changes. Just like asking for a glass of water and you end up having a lake shoved down your throat.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: