Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

49ers LB NaVorro Bowman signs a 5-year, $45.25m extension
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kikuchiyo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ronnie's Pinky wrote:
neezy007 wrote:
^Hopefully we can keep our coaching staff. We might lose quite a few of them this offseason.

Fangio may move on, and if he does, I wish him well. He's been an excellent DC, but at this point, I think the defense knows what it's doing. We really need to keep all the offensive coordinators in place, though. Turnover on offense while Kap is still young is a bad idea, although truthfully, a lot of the offense is probably coming from Harbaugh, himself.

I think its a lot more likely Greg Roman leaves for a head coaching gig somewhere, than Fangio. Fangio's basically a career DC at this point. I kind of doubt he sees much interest from other team's trying to steal him away. Roman's younger and more of a hot name with the way he's turned our offense around.

A Big Thanks To PatsDynasty21
coors

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great move for both sides.. Bowman is now getting paid very well, and the 49ers now have Willis and Bowman locked up to be their inside linebacker duo for many years to come.. and IMO that duo is hands down the best inside line backing corps in the NFL..

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He have 1 year left so in reality it's a 6/45?

Good deal for both sides.

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
steadypimpin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/30/three-49ers-vet-restructure-to-help-with-bowman-deal/

Three 49ers vets restructure to help with Bowman deal

Quote:
The 49ers used a little teamwork to get linebacker NaVorro Bowmanís extension done this week.

According to Matt Maiocco of CSNBayArea.com, the 49ers restructured the contracts of tight end Vernon Davis, cornerback Carlos Rogers and defensive lineman Ray McDonald to create the short-term cap room they needed to do the extension now.

Nice job, the team aspect here is incredible.

Thanks to Peppers90 on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
Bodhi

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steadypimpin wrote:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/30/three-49ers-vet-restructure-to-help-with-bowman-deal/

Quote:
The 49ers used a little teamwork to get linebacker NaVorro Bowmanís extension done this week.

According to Matt Maiocco of CSNBayArea.com, the 49ers restructured the contracts of tight end Vernon Davis, cornerback Carlos Rogers and defensive lineman Ray McDonald to create the short-term cap room they needed to do the extension now.

That's unbelievable. Especially if those 3 actually took pay cuts. I've never heard of that happening before
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bodhi wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:

Quote:

That's unbelievable. Especially if those 3 actually took pay cuts. I've never heard of that happening before

You've never heard of players taking pay cuts for others?

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
steadypimpin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
Bodhi wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:

Quote:

we know it happens but those are 3 of our good players taking one for the team so we can stay great. Usually its only 1 guy that takes a pay cut.

On another note, guys used to leave SF for less money when we were bad, now they are staying for less money. It's a good feeling to know that guys want to be here now.

Thanks to Peppers90 on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
49ers Finest

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steadypimpin wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
Bodhi wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:

Quote:

we know it happens but those are 3 of our good players taking one for the team so we can stay great. Usually its only 1 guy that takes a pay cut.

On another note, guys used to leave SF for less money when we were bad, now they are staying for less money. It's a good feeling to know that guys want to be here now.

they didnt take a paycut.
pft took that from maicco, he explains they didnt take a pay cut and money was just moved around and there still getting the same amount

new sig... sorry alex
fretgod99

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers Finest wrote:
they didnt take a paycut.
pft took that from maicco, he explains they didnt take a pay cut and money was just moved around and there still getting the same amount
This is what I would expect. They rarely take pay cuts. Usually it's just different methods of accounting for salary and/or guaranteed money that changes the impact on the cap.

MrDrew wrote:
Can somebody give me a good reason there's not a giant statue to fret somewhere?
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right, similar to Willis adjusting his salry to make it work. This season he's making 17 million, while next year it goes down to 3 million.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the 49ers Linebacker corps, they truly are the best 3-4 group in the league. Good for them keeping Bowman locked up long-term.
G

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

baysik wrote:
two things about this:
1. I love when a franchise has the know-how to draft, foster, develop talent
2. I love when a franchise rewards its own.

good management prevails this day!

As a Raider fan, I'm hoping our new management also understands this...
Best post/thought about pro football I've seen in a while.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: