Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 13 GDT - Giants @ Redskins - MNF!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
reckless123

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xfaxtor wrote:
bigblew wrote:
That defensive performance was pathetic. I can see us getting shredded like this in next 3 games. We have to root for AFC North next week and somehow stop Saints.

Did I miss were we let up just 17 points?

You are not going to win a game scoring 3 points in the 2nd half, you just arent. Offense lost that game, plain and simle

Nope the offense isnt totally to blame, the defense deserves it as well. Couldnt stop a nose bleed.Every time Morris touched the ball, he was getting a huge gain. RG3 didnt complete a single pass on the outside, all of them were in the middle of the field where our linebackers got sucked into the run game. And im sorry i have to say this, why is Prince always off coverage, he needs to press the majority of the time. They destroyed us in the run game, RG3 made throws that he needed to make to go along with the penalties that cost us. Our field goals and to add to that, we missed one. Penalties which cost us drives and points.

I honestly cant stand that Redskins offense, i really thought playing them a second time would actually help. But it didnt really. And watching the game, we actually played worse tbh than the first time.

"I'm not in the danger, I AM the DANGER" - Heisenberg
D-TURBULENTGMEN

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

there was a 3rd down situation where Robert ran with the ball and was about 3 yards shy of the first down and yet somehow one of these refs ran out onto the field and placed the ball over the 1st down marker in a place where he didn't even make it that far even after he was way out of bounds , seriously i know 1 ref got hurt but that was horrible they need to have at least one back up ref at every game just in case one official get's hurt.
D-TURBULENTGMEN

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Now it's a 3 way race to the finish , so all i gotta say , Let The Races Begin!! , I Am Not Affraid of Anybodys Saints , So i say Bring em , Only Real Concern i have is our O-Line , if they proform well , We'll be just fine. Watch out Drew our D-Line is fired up with nothing but the word Smash! , Almost feel sry for what's gonna hapen ..... Almost Twisted Evil
Shockey1979

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally finished watching the game on the DVR. Some of my thoughts

- Red zone efficiency this season is just garbage. To many times we go right up the field with great playcalling, get inside the 20 and KG goes full on turtle in his shell and gets conservative. So frustrating to have 3 plays called and none of them even have a remote shot at getting in the endzone.

-Penalties have got to stop. This team has been good with not getting penalized but it seems lately no matter what we get a penalty on every good return.

- RG3 is going to be a thorn in our side for a long long time. His style of play completely nullifies our strength (pass rush). Our D-lineman cannot control the gaps, keep outside contain, AND get pressure. His play action is amazingly effective against us

- Losing Locklear is going to hurt us big time. Now we are stuck with an aged, ineffective Diehl for the long haul through the playoffs. Be shocked if Eli survives with the turnstile playing RT.

- Next weeks game against the Saints is now a crucial win. You have to think with them having little to play for it's a very winnable game despite our past history of being dominated by them.

- I think we split the games vs. Atlanta and Baltimore and beat Philly.

"A lion roars in the darkness only he holds the key, a light to free me from my burden and grant me life eternally"
dkebones

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xfaxtor wrote:
bigblew wrote:
That defensive performance was pathetic. I can see us getting shredded like this in next 3 games. We have to root for AFC North next week and somehow stop Saints.

Did I miss were we let up just 17 points?

You are not going to win a game scoring 3 points in the 2nd half, you just arent. Offense lost that game, plain and simle

i don't disagree, but it really felt like other than the Morris fumble, there was nothing the defense could do to stop The Griff. Did we even hear Tuck's name called last night, except when he was getting deked out of his cleats? Osi's? JPP had one tackle (2 assists).

The gameplan was obviously not to get into a barn burner, it was to play keep away. Grind the ball, keep RGIII on the sidelines. And given the Giants' inability to score in the red zone, when you play "slow" (or, rather, methodically is maybe the better word) statistically it becomes hard to win a close game.
Biggsam49

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the D played okay overall. Offense is again disappointing. Questionable calls late.

Three biggest concerns:

Phillips isnt healthy. Think it was clear from how he was running.

Where is Tuck? How can you have a captain who comes to play once per month?

David Wilson situation. Its clear there is no faith in him. Bradshaw was out there a ton. Could get ugly if he gets injured. And i dont see his snaps increasing. Wilson did nothing with the carries he was given, and with Diehl starting again, the hb is going to need to be able to block.
IR0NM1KE

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deserved that loss. Way too many penalties and WAY too conservative offensively, which is baffling when you see how Eli was carving them up.
GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IR0NM1KE wrote:
Deserved that loss. Way too many penalties and WAY too conservative offensively, which is baffling when you see how Eli was carving them up.

Yea we'd move the ball at will, get a pentalty and punt it away. Happened at least 4 times. 3 field goals in the red zone is garbage as well. But that's how we've been all season for some reason.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D-TURBULENTGMEN wrote:
Well Now it's a 3 way race to the finish , so all i gotta say , Let The Races Begin!! , I Am Not Affraid of Anybodys Saints , So i say Bring em , Only Real Concern i have is our O-Line , if they proform well , We'll be just fine. Watch out Drew our D-Line is fired up with nothing but the word Smash! , Almost feel sry for what's gonna hapen ..... Almost Twisted Evil

We've been able to play well against the better teams we faced so far ... So Im imagining we're going to do fine against both the Saints and the Falcons.

Ravens still scare me because they are a total package but I heard that Suggs might be out again with a torn bicep.

Figuring like always its gonna come down to the last week against the birds and so help me god if they beat us after this awful losing streak Im gonna lose my mind Laughing

Not a Knicks fan
reckless123

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW, why is it most of the time i watch prince, hes always playing off coverage? He needs to press a bit more.

rizzy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good game guys, I was at the game and there was a lot of Giants fans there. One question, I see you guys talking a lot about losing Locklear, was he good for you guys? He was beyond terrible last year for us.
NHL-Capitals
Acgott

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rizzy wrote:
Good game guys, I was at the game and there was a lot of Giants fans there. One question, I see you guys talking a lot about losing Locklear, was he good for you guys? He was beyond terrible last year for us.

He was very good for us. The loss hurts as now we have David Diehl who has been trash moving back here
reckless123

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acgott wrote:
rizzy wrote:

He was very good for us. The loss hurts as now we have David Diehl who has been trash moving back here

Yep i guess those who are playing LE are not going to need a ticket to go through that turnstile.

GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know what sucks? Imagine how good this team would be with an elite O-line. Pass and run block. Sigh. Would be so good.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GmenSeattle wrote:
You know what sucks? Imagine how good this team would be with an elite O-line. Pass and run block. Sigh. Would be so good.

And a secondary ... man we would never lose Crying or Very sad

Hopefully this draft coughlin finds some nice big o-line men from BC Laughing

Not a Knicks fan

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: