Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 13: Seattle Seahawks @ Chicago Bears
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dools=hawks

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boom! wrote:
You guys, every year it's always the one team that gets hot at the right time that does the most damage in the post season. I don't know about you, but that win and everything about it (refs, 4th qtr long pass play, etc) was huge. It's the type of game that turns it on in the final stretch of the season. If I was the rest of the league, I'd be worried.

If we win out and the 49ers lose to the Patriots, we win the division.

Buckle up everyone. This could get real special real quick.

if we can run with it well do well,

WINTER IS COMING
KayJayz

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dools=hawks wrote:
Boom! wrote:
You guys, every year it's always the one team that gets hot at the right time that does the most damage in the post season. I don't know about you, but that win and everything about it (refs, 4th qtr long pass play, etc) was huge. It's the type of game that turns it on in the final stretch of the season. If I was the rest of the league, I'd be worried.

If we win out and the 49ers lose to the Patriots, we win the division.

Buckle up everyone. This could get real special real quick.

if we can run with it well do well,

I agree, we could be that hot team to make a deep playoff run. We have the talent and momentum right now, but that hinges on the results of Sherman and Browners suspensions.

I heard that they are still eligible to play next week too. So let's say we run the table on the regular season. They both get suspended for the first playoff game?

Bottom line for me is that if we want to make a playoff run and use this momentum, Sherman and Browner need to lawyer up and beat this suspension.

~props to mike23md~
chpjns15

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny that last week you guys were saying that you didnt want us to make the playoffs because we didnt deserve it, and this week your saying we are a potential team to make a deep playoff run. Funny how much one week changes things.

"If you can't win, cheat. If you can't cheat, don't play."

"Getting a paper cut, that is tragedy. Someone falling down a sewer and dying, that is comedy."
TheoryofSeahawk

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesterday was a great win for this team, but it does not change the fact that this team is still wildly inconsistent. Yes, they could get crazy hot and make a deep playoff run, but they could just as easily lose to any (or all) of the teams still on the schedule. I don't care how bad Arizona is playing right now or how "easy" the Buffalo game should be. The other games vs SF and STL aren't walks in the park either just because they are at home. As I said last week after the loss to the Dolphins, it's not about overreacting to the loss, it's about being realistic about what it meant for the rest of the season. Yesterdays win was a huge boost for this team, but it won't mean jack-ish unless the team goes out and continues to make the kind of plays they made yesterday every week. I stand by everything I said after last week's game and yet I still retain the right to enjoy the victories with the same enthusiasm that I criticize the team with when they don't play up to the potential that I feel they have. They're not mutually exclusive.

Sheldon Cooper
C-Hawkin'

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well put, Mr. Theory...
imani

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theory knows what's up. This defense is still a problem. Our consistency is still a concern. Coaching and play-calling is still an issue. We almost blew that game yesterday, that was SUPPOSED to be a surefire win after the tate touchdown. In fact, we're probably lucky we won the coin toss in overtime and kept momentum

We still let the bears go the entire length of the field for a touchdown at the end. We were still lackluster on 3rd down. We still had too many mental errors with penalties. And those were our complaints/observations last week. You know what we didn't see coming? Russell having his best game of the season against a top 5 defense and carrying the team to two 80+ yards drives to finish the game...that's what makes us happy about the win, it's one aspect to appreciate.

I said, last week, that we cant continue to rely on a rookie quarterback to put us on his back on the road...and what did we have to do this week? Twice? The bears dont even have a good offense, we have teams like the giants, packers and falcons waiting for us in the playoffs....those are all road matches, btw. This defense needs to get it together, and i just dont have the confidence that they can. Srill love this team and want them to get it together

We've watched crap/mediocrity since 2007, we finally have the talent to make some noise...i'd like to do something with it.

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Sacks98

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
Theory knows what's up. This defense is still a problem. Our consistency is still a concern. Coaching and play-calling is still an issue. We almost blew that game yesterday, that was SUPPOSED to be a surefire win after the tate touchdown. In fact, we're probably lucky we won the coin toss in overtime and kept momentum

We still let the bears go the entire length of the field for a touchdown at the end. We were still lackluster on 3rd down. We still had too many mental errors with penalties. And those were our complaints/observations last week. You know what we didn't see coming? Russell having his best game of the season against a top 5 defense and carrying the team to two 80+ yards drives to finish the game...that's what makes us happy about the win, it's one aspect to appreciate.

I said, last week, that we cant continue to rely on a rookie quarterback to put us on his back on the road...and what did we have to do this week? Twice? The bears dont even have a good offense, we have teams like the giants, packers and falcons waiting for us in the playoffs....those are all road matches, btw. This defense needs to get it together, and i just dont have the confidence that they can. Srill love this team and want them to get it together

We've watched crap/mediocrity since 2007, we finally have the talent to make some noise...i'd like to do something with it.

I don't know who to blame but we get these guys in 3rd and long situations and i swear we play like 5 yards off and they complete a easy short pass that turns into a huge gain the last play for the Bears set up there FG was just a dumb mistake by Sherman he should of batted the ball down.
Tooki

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sacks98 wrote:
imani wrote:

I don't know who to blame but we get these guys in 3rd and long situations and i swear we play like 5 yards off and they complete a easy short pass that turns into a huge gain the last play for the Bears set up there FG was just a dumb mistake by Sherman he should of batted the ball down.

The first part comes down to the defensive coordinator, the second part comes down to young players who want to make the big play instead of the stop.
silus

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheoryofSeahawk wrote:
Yesterday was a great win for this team, but it does not change the fact that this team is still wildly inconsistent. Yes, they could get crazy hot and make a deep playoff run, but they could just as easily lose to any (or all) of the teams still on the schedule. I don't care how bad Arizona is playing right now or how "easy" the Buffalo game should be. The other games vs SF and STL aren't walks in the park either just because they are at home. As I said last week after the loss to the Dolphins, it's not about overreacting to the loss, it's about being realistic about what it meant for the rest of the season. Yesterdays win was a huge boost for this team, but it won't mean jack-ish unless the team goes out and continues to make the kind of plays they made yesterday every week. I stand by everything I said after last week's game and yet I still retain the right to enjoy the victories with the same enthusiasm that I criticize the team with when they don't play up to the potential that I feel they have. They're not mutually exclusive.

Wildly inconsistent? They are undefeated at home. They consistently (until yesterday) fail to close the deal on the road. They play every game close. Every game. The inconsistent stuff just doesn't hold up.
Tooki

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

silus wrote:
TheoryofSeahawk wrote:

Wildly inconsistent? They are undefeated at home. They consistently (until yesterday) fail to close the deal on the road. They play every game close. Every game. The inconsistent stuff just doesn't hold up.

I think that he is alluding to how the individual units play in a game. The D was lights out at the start of the season, but the O couldn't close out some of those games. Now, the D is stuttering and Russell Wilson is finding his groove.

We have yet to have a game where both the O and D have played at a high level.
TheoryofSeahawk

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

silus wrote:
TheoryofSeahawk wrote:

Actually it does, because they lose games against teams that most of us feel they should beat like the Dolphins, Lions, and Rams and they beat teams they should probably lose to like New England and Green Bay. Yes, they have been perfect at home, but being a consistent team means playing the same game on the road as you do at home and they haven't done that. Your only fact here is that they have been in every game, which is true, but that's true of a whole lot of NFL games. You also fail to mention that the defense that was so good early in the season has not maintained their consistency at all throughout the year. They have looked awful against good running teams like SF and elite RB's like Adrian Peterson while crushing bad teams like the Jets, but they also looked bad against the Dolphins and went through phases of looking great and also poor vs Chicago, so tell me what is consistent about that kind of week to week performance? Meanwhile a "consistent" defense like the 49ers shuts down pretty much everyone regardless of being at home or on the road. Same is true on offense. Don't confuse getting our offense's performance late in the 4th quarter and overtime for them playing consistently good offense. They looked awful for most of the first half against the Bears. This team overall has had some really high moments and really low moments this year, but that doesn't make you consistent. If you want to say that the 'Hawks are consistently inconsistent this year I could agree with that, but when I watch the games I see this team finding different formulas every week even though it seems to lead to the same endings.

Sheldon Cooper
imani

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Said Bears receiver Brandon Marshall: "He's a born leader. I listened to the guy talk. I watch how he conducts himself, how he handles himself. That's a guy I can watch and learn from. Even as a rookie, a young guy, Russell Wilson is a guy that is going to be special. He is special already."

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
klyon7634

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
Quote:
Said Bears receiver Brandon Marshall: "He's a born leader. I listened to the guy talk. I watch how he conducts himself, how he handles himself. That's a guy I can watch and learn from. Even as a rookie, a young guy, Russell Wilson is a guy that is going to be special. He is special already."

how many years left on Marshalls contract??

Maybe he comes here?? i wish

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Seahawks~ Yankees~ Knicks~ Syracuse Orange

#JDI
bill21792

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really wish we traded 2 3rds for Marshall, that's a steal.

Actually never mind, our 3rd round pick this last year might actually be better. Mr. Green

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29
Page 29 of 29

Jump to: