Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Better defense:Falcons or Broncos
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Best defense:Falcons or Broncos
Falcons
18%
 18%  [ 9 ]
Broncos
82%
 82%  [ 41 ]
Total Votes : 50

Author Message
Steelerspower


Joined: 13 Jun 2011
Posts: 7742
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:09 pm    Post subject: Better defense:Falcons or Broncos Reply with quote

Who has the best defense between the two teams?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kaz


Joined: 16 Jul 2011
Posts: 346
Location: Houston
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta go with Denver simply because they have Von Doom. Those two, especially Miller, make a bigger difference than any Falcons players can dream of.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
El ramster


Joined: 13 May 2008
Posts: 41182
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Falcons.. 100% sure the Falcons man handled them..
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Papa-Pwn


Joined: 15 Jul 2009
Posts: 635
Location: Colorado/South Carolina
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
Falcons.. 100% sure the Falcons man handled them..


200% sure you are wrong. The Broncos damn near won the game while being -4 in turnover ratio. It was an anomaly of a game in which the Bronco's first 5 drives came with 4 turnovers. That will never happen again.

But, on topic, the Broncos defense is much much better than the Falcons. Currently it is 3rd in the league in yards per game, allowing ~50 less than ATL per game, and is top 10 in every single statistic, including 2nd against the run(YPC). Also, Denver hasn't allowed a single 300 yard passer this year, and they have played a decent group of QBs in Brees, Brady, Ryan, Schuab, Rothlisburger, Rivers, and Palmer. The Broncos are also the #2 point producing defense from INTs, Fumbles, and safeties. Keep in mind the Broncos are also the #1 sacking defense, compared to ATL's 16th. In fact, the Broncos do everything better than the Falcons on defense, save for points per game. The Broncos allow an average of 1.1 points more than the Falcons per game.

Tl:dr Broncos easily have the better defense.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
dbronx42


Joined: 19 Apr 2010
Posts: 3956
Location: Mile High 303
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
Falcons.. 100% sure the Falcons man handled them..


Welp that answers that... Atlanta man handled us to a 6 point win in Peyton Manning's 2nd game back. So that must mean the Falcons have the superior defense. Laughing

Denver ranks 3rd in total defense. Atlanta is ranked 19th. The Broncos are superior to the Falcons is pretty much every statistical category. So please dont make ridiculous posts which you have no idea about. At least do some research.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
titwio


Joined: 09 Jan 2011
Posts: 6256
Location: Bronx NY *Sio Moore mofo's
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can either stop the run better than the Giants on MNF? Which ever gets my vote...RG3 10 completions (did nothing) post game interview crap.

#pissed
_________________
44 and 21 Once a Giant, always a Giant
bRONX bRIXX
2013 Welcome's you to the "David Wilson Show".
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
broncos67


Joined: 28 Dec 2006
Posts: 21561
Location: Conshohocken
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
Falcons.. 100% sure the Falcons man handled them..


Yep that 6 point manhandling. You got it man. Nevermind we gifted them 13 automatic points on turnovers, and let up 14 the rest of the time on the road...Denver's defense is playing unreal right now
_________________


Thanks, Tzimisce
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RainbowCarebear


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 34465
Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Denver
_________________

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Strat


Joined: 09 Nov 2012
Posts: 481
Location: Boston
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Papa-Pwn wrote:
El ramster wrote:
Falcons.. 100% sure the Falcons man handled them..


In fact, the Broncos do everything better than the Falcons on defense, save for points per game.


Voted for Broncos, just thought this logic was kinda silly, just brushing off the most significant statistic...... Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DaRealdeal


Moderator
Joined: 14 Apr 2008
Posts: 9033
Location: Jamison. on the sig
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broncos. Their pass rush is dominant.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TommyC376


Joined: 08 Feb 2008
Posts: 10203
Location: Capital Wasteland
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRealdeal wrote:
Broncos. Their pass rush is dominant.
Von Doom
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
broncospride95


Joined: 04 Feb 2010
Posts: 2320
Location: Chicago
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strat wrote:
Papa-Pwn wrote:
El ramster wrote:
Falcons.. 100% sure the Falcons man handled them..


In fact, the Broncos do everything better than the Falcons on defense, save for points per game.


Voted for Broncos, just thought this logic was kinda silly, just brushing off the most significant statistic...... Laughing

Just looking at one stat, that is an outlier fyi, is just silly. All the rankings together give you a better picture -even though it's no substitute for the old eye test- and favor the Broncos.

One game earlier in the year where Peyton threw 3 INT's in the first quarter, gift wrapping the Falcons 13 points, has no bearing on how good the defenses of either team are.
_________________

Props to Joe_is_the_best on the sig

Blackhawks-Broncos-Bulls-CU-Cubs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Russell2Bailey


Joined: 20 Mar 2008
Posts: 12905
Location: Where I will, I'll roam.
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Posts Not Sure If Serious Meme*
_________________
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
JaguarCrazy2832


Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 82439
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Denver, that pass-rush is just too good not to pick here
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
strat1080


Joined: 16 Apr 2010
Posts: 1851
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncospride95 wrote:
Strat wrote:
Papa-Pwn wrote:
El ramster wrote:
Falcons.. 100% sure the Falcons man handled them..


In fact, the Broncos do everything better than the Falcons on defense, save for points per game.


Voted for Broncos, just thought this logic was kinda silly, just brushing off the most significant statistic...... Laughing

Just looking at one stat, that is an outlier fyi, is just silly. All the rankings together give you a better picture -even though it's no substitute for the old eye test- and favor the Broncos.

One game earlier in the year where Peyton threw 3 INT's in the first quarter, gift wrapping the Falcons 13 points, has no bearing on how good the defenses of either team are.


I agree. This Atlanta Falcons team looks just like the 2010 team that was basically average on both offense and defense but somehow was Top 5 in both PPG and PPG allowed. They've won a bunch of close game just like they did in 2010. They don't really look like an elite team to me. I have a feeling that they are going to get their doors blown off in the playoffs by a team like the Giants, Packers, or 49ers.

This is a laughable question. The Falcons defense just isnt' a very scary or disruptive unit. There's nothing special about it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group