Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cleveland Cavaliers Thread - THE TANK HAS BEEN COMPLETED
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
freakygeniuskid

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
Varejao has racked up at least 10 points and 15 boards -- with at least five offensive rebounds -- in each of Cleveland's last six games. It's the first such streak that long, according to the Elias Sports Bureau, since Charles Barkley had one in January 1990

Beast mode

Dude has been the best Center in basketball so far this season. Doubt that continues, but I really think he could be a top 7 or so C for the next 2-3 years.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:
Beck Bristow wrote:
LeBryan Nash with the Laker pick?

I doubt he falls that far in the draft. Although you may be able to get Adonis Thomas in the mid-twenties and that'd be pretty good value.

Glenn Robinson III would be a solid pick in the late lottery if he declares for the draft, he'd be a nice compliment to Irving and Waiters.

Also a guy like James Southerland in the second round would be a nice pick as a forward that can come off the bench and fill it up from deep.

What can you say about LeBryan Nash? I barely seen him play this year, but I liked him a lot last year.
candyman93

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dion has been really bad
smh

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzTiQJ9qZKM

I hope we can get another pick somehow some way.

Le'Bryan Nash please!
FEARtheELF

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Varejao to OKC for Perk and the TOR 1st could do WONDERS for us in the future.

Say we finish top 3 in the draft and TOR is top 6 and Lakers finsih mid 1st round. Also we should find a way to turn our two early 2nds into a late 1st.

1. SF Shabazz Muhammed
1. C Alex Len
1. C Willie Cauley-Stein
1. SG Jamaal Franklin

PG Irving/Pargo/Sloan
SG Waiters/Gibson/Franklin
SF Muhammed/Gee/Miles
PF Thompson/Zeller/Samuels
C Len/Cauley-Stein/Perkins

stallyns wrote:
I don't remember much before Football's Future.
smh

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zeller is not a PF at all.

I like the Len pick, though.
FEARtheELF

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

smh wrote:

I like the Len pick, though.

He can play the 4. He can run the floor and shoot a mid range game not to mention hold his own with some 4's defensively. I dont see why he couldnt.

stallyns wrote:
I don't remember much before Football's Future.
smh

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I disagree.

cortes02

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rough game last night by the Cavaliers. It's so hard for any team to come back from the hole they put themselves into.

- AV with another great game

- CJ Miles has been so dissapointing

- Boobie just can't create shots for himself to save his life

- Thompson had a good rebounding day and did score 10 points but his FG% was really bad

- Zeller had an ok game

- The rest of the team just flat out played bad

On a side note. I know I'll probably get killed for saying this but would it have been better to have drafted Andre Drummond instead of Waiters? I understand that it was only one game but Drummond looked good last night playing for the Pistons. He played within his game, looked smooth running the floor and had 7 pts, 12 reb, 3 blks, 1 ast, 1 stl. I would like to think that it is easier to find a SG then find a C and centers as athletic as Drummond don't come around that often. I know that Drummond had a lot of questions surrounding him when he was comming out of college but I can't help but think what could have been with a stud PG in Kyrie and a potential stud at C with Drummond. I would like to think that a stud PG/C is a better combination then a stud PG/SG. Now don't get me wrong, I do like Waiters, and I hope he becomes a beast in the NBA for the Cavaliers but it was just a thought that crossed my mind while watching Drummond play last night.

Peace!!

Sig By Kempes
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
malibuspeedrace

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been on board as hating the fact that Drummond went to Detroit.

I think Waiters will be a nice pro.
But I think Drummond can be an absolute beast.

With that said...Due to where he plays...I hope drummond never develops into a legit player. and has many mediocre years before getting traded for table scraps.
Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

smh wrote:
What can you say about LeBryan Nash? I barely seen him play this year, but I liked him a lot last year.

He's basically a mixture of LeBron James, Kobe Bryant, and Steve Nash as his name implies, Le - Bryan Nash. Laughing

He's really improved his offensive game this year and is scoring at a much more efficient rate. He's still not a great three point shooter but he has an explosive first step, uses his size well, and has a nice mid-range game. He has the physical tools to be a lock down defender but makes a lot of mental mistakes on the defensive end.

I like his potential though and he's obviously willing to put the work in which is evident in his vast improvement from his freshman year so far to his sophomore year. I see some Ron Artest in him, Artest from his Indiana days without the personal problems.

He needs to improve as a shooter and play smarter on the defensive end though.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back to back comments from Chad Ford's chat today.

Quote:
Your favorite big out of Len? Gobert? Austin? and why?

Alex Len. He has NBA center written all over him. 7-1. Skilled offensive player both inside and outside. Good defender. He could fail ... lots of dominant college big men do. But I think he has the chance to be a very good starting NBA center. I still believe he has an outside shot at being the No. 1 pick if he dominants in conference play.

How good is Otto Porter at Georgetown?

Really, really good. So versatile. Plays hard. Can play anywhere. Does all the little things you want in a player. Has improved his jump shot. Humble guy. I've had a few older scouts tell me he reminds them a lot of a young Scottie Pippen. He's No. 7 on our Big Board right now, but I think he could move up into the Top 5 on draft night.

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/46313

I think my ideal scenario now is that we move Andy to OKC for Perkins/PJ3/Toronto pick, get two top 7 picks and manage to grab Len and Porter.

PG - Irving/Laker's pick (Burke, Smart, Carter-Williams)
SG - Waiters/FA
SF - Porter/Gee
PF - TT/Zeller/Leuer/Jones
C - Len/Zeller

Mmmmmmmm.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex Len should be a solid NBA player, the only thing I worry about is his quickness and athleticism or lack there of. He's been dominating subpar competition because he's bigger and stronger than everyone that's guarding him. He does have a pretty nice mid-range jumper though and his improvement from last year to this year is really encouraging, I just want to see how he plays against better competition.

Otto Porter is a solid basketball player that does a little bit of everything for you when he's on the court. He's just not a great perimeter shooter but he plays defense, rebounds, has a nice mid-range game, and plays really hard.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a fan of Otto. I hate his jump shot. I would much rather go after Alex Poythress, Tony Mitchell or LeBryan Nash.

Zeller still not a PF. That's like saying Z was a PF because he could shoot a mid range jumper. Nope.

I do like Len.
freakygeniuskid

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:
Alex Len should be a solid NBA player, the only thing I worry about is his quickness and athleticism or lack there of. He's been dominating subpar competition because he's bigger and stronger than everyone that's guarding him. He does have a pretty nice mid-range jumper though and his improvement from last year to this year is really encouraging, I just want to see how he plays against better competition.

Otto Porter is a solid basketball player that does a little bit of everything for you when he's on the court. He's just not a great perimeter shooter but he plays defense, rebounds, has a nice mid-range game, and plays really hard.

He basically did whatever he wanted to do against Nerlens Noel, who do you expect him to play who's better to prove himself? Not trolling, legitimately asking who on his remaining schedule is going to be a harder matchup than Noel.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 52 of 100

Jump to: