Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Adrian Peterson=MVP?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 26, 27, 28  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Peterson=MVP?
yes
96%
 96%  [ 52 ]
no
3%
 3%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 54

TitanSlim

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
Its simply amazing that Peterson is even in contention for MVP or a possible 2000 yard season.

I dont think anyone anticipated this kind of outburst, just look at his production the past 6 games. Peterson hasnt had a stretch of games like this in his career, RBs arent suppose to get better later in there career and certainly after an injury as he suffered.

153 yds / 6.7 per carry
123 yds / 8.2 per carry
182 yds / 10.7 per carry
171 yds / 6.3 per carry
108 yds / 6.0 per carry
210 yds / 10.0 per carry

In this span of games, he has gone over 20 carries 3 out of 6 times. Its not even a case of the Vikings feeding him the rock and over using him. Peterson is simply breaking off 10+, 20+ and 40+ yard runs at a ridiculous level. If Peterson can keep pace and average around 140 per game the last four weeks, he will hit the 2000 yard mark.

Look at those yards per carry Shocked I honestly can't remember the last time a RB had a stretch like this. Not even CJ in his 2k season had a stretch this good. CJ's best 6 game stretch during his 09 season was 928 yards/ 5.98 ypc and 7 TDs compared to AD's current stretch is 947 yards/ 7.98 ypc and 6 TDs. I can only imagine how many yards AD would have if they did force feed him the ball.

I also did a quick look at where the 2,000 yards rushers were through 12 games of the season

84 Eric Dickerson-1452 yards
97 Barry Sanders-1427 yards
98 Terrell Davis- 1458 yards
03 Jamal Lewis- 1442 yards
09 Chris Johnson- 1509 yards
12 Adrian Peterson- 1446 yards

So AD is right on pace with the other latest 2000 yard rushers. It'll be interesting to see if the Vikings start force feeding him the ball more especially if they're knocked out of the playoff race. No matter what this is a historic season for a RB coming off an ACL injury. The fact that he suffered it late last season and was able to play week 1 makes it even more incredible.

Last edited by TitanSlim on Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:08 am; edited 1 time in total
vikes22

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSlim wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
Its simply amazing that Peterson is even in contention for MVP or a possible 2000 yard season.

I dont think anyone anticipated this kind of outburst, just look at his production the past 6 games. Peterson hasnt had a stretch of games like this in his career, RBs arent suppose to get better later in there career and certainly after an injury as he suffered.

153 yds / 6.7 per carry
123 yds / 8.2 per carry
182 yds / 10.7 per carry
171 yds / 6.3 per carry
108 yds / 6.0 per carry
210 yds / 10.0 per carry

In this span of games, he has gone over 20 carries 3 out of 6 times. Its not even a case of the Vikings feeding him the rock and over using him. Peterson is simply breaking off 10+, 20+ and 40+ yard runs at a ridiculous level. If Peterson can keep pace and average around 140 per game the last four weeks, he will hit the 2000 yard mark.

Look at those yards per carry Shocked I honestly can't remember the last time a RB had a stretch like this. Not even CJ in his 2k season had a stretch this good. CJ's best 6 game stretch during his 09 season was 928 yards/ 5.98 ypc and 7 TDs compared to AD's current stretch is 947 yards/ 7.98 ypc and 6 TDs. I can only imagine how many yards AD would have if they did force feed him the ball.

I also did a quick look at where the latest 2,000 yards rushers were through 12 games of the season

So AD is right on pace with the other latest 2000 yard rushers. It'll be interesting to see if the Vikings start force feeding him the ball more especially if they're knocked out of the playoff race. No matter what this is a historic season for a RB coming off an ACL injury. The fact that he suffered it late last season and was able to play week 1 makes it even more incredible.

I want to see him get to 2K but I think they may actually be cautious with him and cut his carries if they are knocked out soon.
lionslicer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikes22 wrote:
TitanSlim wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:

153 yds / 6.7 per carry
123 yds / 8.2 per carry
182 yds / 10.7 per carry
171 yds / 6.3 per carry
108 yds / 6.0 per carry
210 yds / 10.0 per carry

I also did a quick look at where the latest 2,000 yards rushers were through 12 games of the season

I want to see him get to 2K but I think they may actually be cautious with him and cut his carries if they are knocked out soon.

Coaches would talk to him to see if he would want to go for it and calculate the risks.
DirtyDez

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's all in the mind for some athletes. The great ones... Things you can't scout or develop. Just think after a full healthy offseason. There's no telling when he'll slow down.

(get the guy a quarterback though)

The Rebuild Has Begun...
willy_law

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My only issue is that he has a legit argument for 3 awards. MVP, OPOY and CPOY.

Peyton will probably win CPOY but I would be able to see AP win it.
I have never seen anything like this, he is truly one of the greatest. 10 YPC on 21 carries is mind boggling.

TomRalph wrote:
Eli Manning is the devil.

2014 Draft Wish list - D.Coleman, T.Murphy, J. Verrett, L. Joyner
willy_law

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steelerspower wrote:
Adrian Peterson is averaging 6.2 yards per carry. Christian Ponder is averaging 6.0 yards per throw.

thats mind boggling

TomRalph wrote:
Eli Manning is the devil.

2014 Draft Wish list - D.Coleman, T.Murphy, J. Verrett, L. Joyner
reckless123

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He should be First Ballot HOFer based on this year alone.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It really is a shame that Ponder isn't helping him out at all. With the interceptions in the red zone in the GB game, instead of getting a decent lead on the Packers and having Peterson run more the Vikings basically took him out of the game and let Ponder throw the majority of the time. Peterson might have broke his single game rushing yard record if Ponder didn't screw up so badly. It's just simply ridiculous how good Peterson is.
BLick12

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, unfortunately, as others have said, Christian Ponder is horrid. Hopefully they pick up Mike Vick in the off-season that would be an insanely fun offense to watch.

Another Ginger QB in the AFC North.

Looking forward to the "No Soul Bowl" twice a year
silus

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the Vikings are terrible so the team needs something to play for. 2000 yards seems like a good idea.
incognito_man

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anything this just goes to show why he is NOT the MVP. Despite his awesomeness his team still isn't very good. However a competent qb will find more success. RBs just aren't that valuable today.
vikes22

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

silus wrote:
Well, the Vikings are terrible so the team needs something to play for. 2000 yards seems like a good idea.

With a Decent QB they are likely 8-4 at worst.
VikeADunn

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He ain't winning it unless he breaks (or gets close to) the rushing record and the Vikings make the playoffs at 10-6. Brady's, Manning's, and Rodger's play would have to decline too.

Offensive Player of the Year should be his though.

[quote="tylerdouglass"]VikeADunn, you're my hero.[/quote]

2013 Adopt-A-Viking: DT Sharrif Floyd
Tk: 2 Sk: Stf: PD: 2 FF/FR:
spilltray

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VikeADunn wrote:
He ain't winning it unless he breaks (or gets close to) the rushing record and the Vikings make the playoffs at 10-6. Brady's, Manning's, and Rodger's play would have to decline too.

Why? You just listed 3 QBs who are having better seasons. One will win the MVP, one will win the OPOY, and MAYBE if Manning wins the MVP, Peterson could get the CPOY, but that's the only one he has a decent shot at.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nzd07

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
VikeADunn wrote:

Why? You just listed 3 QBs who are having better seasons. One will win the MVP, one will win the OPOY, and MAYBE if Manning wins the MVP, Peterson could get the CPOY, but that's the only one he has a decent shot at.

If he hits 2k you really wouldn't even consider him for OPOY? CJ2k won it in 2009 on an 8-8 team.

Pull your 84 jerseys out
Adopt a T-Wolf: Ricky Rubio APG: 9.6 SPG: 3.09 RPG: 4.8
Mattwaukee wrote:
If I'm taking players for next year I'm taking Cobb over anyone not named Johnson.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 6 of 28

Jump to: