Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

John Simon, DE - Ohio State
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nobody

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

killdawabbit wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
BuckeyeSloopy82 wrote:
I see kind of a JJ Watt kind of player IMO.

High character guy and an absolute worker Urban loved him from day one and I think he is definitely a top 50 player in this class.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Nobody wrote:
BuckeyeSloopy82 wrote:

High character guy and an absolute worker Urban loved him from day one and I think he is definitely a top 50 player in this class.
Rolling Eyes

Did you guys seriously not understand what he meant? Brick wall
He was not saying that he reminds him of Watt because they're both high character guys who work hard, if that's what you mean.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody wrote:
killdawabbit wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
BuckeyeSloopy82 wrote:

Nobody wrote:
BuckeyeSloopy82 wrote:

Rolling Eyes

He was not saying that he reminds him of Watt because they're both high character guys who work hard, if that's what you mean.

He isn't comparing their talent or how good they could be. That's for sure

He is a monster though. I don't think he is athletic as some, which is a reason I have no idea where he would fit in the NFL.

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
Jags_Longhorns

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't mind seeing him get drafted by the Jags. Doesn't have great athleticism but I think the would fit well in a 4-3.

If I'm not mistaken Urban called him the Tim Tebow of DEs.
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

killdawabbit wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
BuckeyeSloopy82 wrote:

Nobody wrote:
BuckeyeSloopy82 wrote:

Rolling Eyes

I'm sorry, but just because someone works hard and is high character doesn't mean they are like JJ Watt. Simon isn't close to Watt, it is a terrible comparison.

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
24isthelaw

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jags_Longhorns wrote:
I wouldn't mind seeing him get drafted by the Jags. Doesn't have great athleticism but I think the would fit well in a 4-3.

So he should be a fullback?

Adopt-a-Patriot: Marcus Forston - Practice squad (0 tackles, 0 sacks)
jofos

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

24isthelaw wrote:
Jags_Longhorns wrote:

So he should be a fullback?

Might mean that what he did in college won't translate to the NFL.
EasternHammer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jags_Longhorns wrote:

It isn't very difficult to find a comparison for John Simon. He is literally the exact same player Mike Kudla was at Ohio State 6-7 years ago, even down to the freaky #'s in the weight room. And Kudla went undrafted, if I remember correctly. I don't think Simon goes undrafted, but I'm not sure exactly what he does in the league.
FEARtheELF

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
killdawabbit wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
BuckeyeSloopy82 wrote:

Nobody wrote:
BuckeyeSloopy82 wrote:

Rolling Eyes

I'm sorry, but just because someone works hard and is high character doesn't mean they are like JJ Watt. Simon isn't close to Watt, it is a terrible comparison.

By JJ Watt I can see him meaning a 3-4 DE guy who can rush the passer. But thats where comparisons end

stallyns wrote:
I don't remember much before Football's Future.
killdawabbit

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the record, just because someone compares someone's skill set or work ethic to an NFL player does not mean they are comparing talent or predicting a specific level of success.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

killdawabbit wrote:
For the record, just because someone compares someone's skill set or work ethic to an NFL player does not mean they are comparing talent or predicting a specific level of success.

Ok? When you compare someone to JJ Watt, it better make sense. This does not. He works hard? Cool, there are plenty of guys who are hard workers. Doesn't mean we should compare a guy to Watt because of how hard he works. He's nothing like Watt.

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
killdawabbit

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
killdawabbit wrote:

Ok? When you compare someone to JJ Watt, it better make sense. This does not. He works hard? Cool, there are plenty of guys who are hard workers. Doesn't mean we should compare a guy to Watt because of how hard he works. He's nothing like Watt.

Um yeah. Actually OK. You jumped the gun before your brain processed the post. Get over it.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A.) How are you going to compare him to Kudla? Kudla was an average player at best in college. Simon is the defensive player of the year in the Big 10. If you are going to compare him to someone who is super strong you might as well just compare him to Gholston as well.

B.) I compared him to Watt because I could see him playing DE in either scheme. Both of these guys are high character guys who got to where they are by being well known for their hard work. I said he was a JJ Watt kind of player not that he was going to be a top 3 defensive end in the league.

BBL on the Sig
EasternHammer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BuckeyeSloopy82 wrote:
A.) How are you going to compare him to Kudla? Kudla was an average player at best in college. Simon is the defensive player of the year in the Big 10. If you are going to compare him to someone who is super strong you might as well just compare him to Gholston as well.

B.) I compared him to Watt because I could see him playing DE in either scheme. Both of these guys are high character guys who got to where they are by being well known for their hard work. I said he was a JJ Watt kind of player not that he was going to be a top 3 defensive end in the league.

Kudla was not only an average player. He certainly wasn't the best on his team, but that's hard to do with Hawk, Carpenter, Whitner, behind him. But physically they are identical and that's the problem, and what limits them. Neither have enough speed to threaten the edge and both lack the bulk to play inside. Kudla attempted to shift to 3-4 ILB in the league and failed. If Simon is a better athlete maybe he can succeed but he's going to have to prove exactly what he can do for an NFL team.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: