Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

dulatows's 7 Round Mock (The people have spoken).v2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KCDiehard88

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Love Geno

2. Big Mizzou fan here and really like what Richardson brings as far as effort and talent. The big question here is what defensive scheme we run next year under a (hopefully) new DC. For the current scheme it isn't a bad selection, but I would go with a corner here.

3. Not a big Woods fan I would rather go with Phillip Thomas, Zach Ertz or a Corner.

4. ILB is a big need now and Minter would fit well. Also like Hodges and Skov. If we go ILB earlier a WR like Bailey would compliment Baldwin well and have chemistry with Geno.

5. Do you really think Bray declares if he is going to be taken this low? I don't know but honestly I don't like the pick. We have other needs than grooming two QB's. Maybe we can keep Quinn or pick up Alex Smith as a veteran presence, but I don't like taking two QB's when we have other needs to address. CB, DE, TE, S

6. Good pick in Reed.

7. We need to address CB earlier than this, but double tipping at the CB position is fine.
dulatows

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hawkman98272 wrote:
I don't see how Barkley or Woods make it out of the first, let alone mid 2nd-early 3rd.

I wouldn't want to be a GM this year looking for a QB, that's for sure. Barkley's stock is falling despite his understanding of the pro style offense. I think that teams are starting to get wary of USC QBs after Leinart and Sanchez performing questionably in the league. Just saying, he wouldn't be high on my list after the second half of the season he had.

Re: Woods, he's rangy and can pick the ball out of the air, but there have been questions about his ability to separate as well as the other prospects. If he runs a decent 40 I will move him back up, but his ankle injury is still bothering him.
dulatows

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KCDiehard88 wrote:
1. Love Geno

2. Big Mizzou fan here and really like what Richardson brings as far as effort and talent. The big question here is what defensive scheme we run next year under a (hopefully) new DC. For the current scheme it isn't a bad selection, but I would go with a corner here.

3. Not a big Woods fan I would rather go with Phillip Thomas, Zach Ertz or a Corner.

4. ILB is a big need now and Minter would fit well. Also like Hodges and Skov. If we go ILB earlier a WR like Bailey would compliment Baldwin well and have chemistry with Geno.

5. Do you really think Bray declares if he is going to be taken this low? I don't know but honestly I don't like the pick. We have other needs than grooming two QB's. Maybe we can keep Quinn or pick up Alex Smith as a veteran presence, but I don't like taking two QB's when we have other needs to address. CB, DE, TE, S

6. Good pick in Reed.

7. We need to address CB earlier than this, but double tipping at the CB position is fine.

Because Cassell or Quinn should be gone after the season, it would take an Alex Smith type move to prevent me from thinking KC may double dip on QB this year, similar to Washington. If you're going to spend some time grooming a young QB, might as well give him someone his age to talk through the offense with/compete with (and with more ability than Stanzi).

The problem with Bray is he has all the talent, but may not be the teammate you are looking for in the locker room. Hard to change that perception, even if you wait a year.
dulatows

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CriminalMind wrote:
20 Minnesota Cordarrelle Patterson WR

Good Pick, but Dee Milliner CB would be the choice. Cook is a very nice CB, but unfortunately has missed time (injury/off-field). When he is gone, the pass defense struggles. We could certaintly use Dee on this team and Cook and Dee would be show an ultra great tandum.

51 Minnesota Aaron Murray QB

I cant see us moving on from Ponder now (for better or worse) with a reasonably high draft pick (maybe a late one if someone falls). I still think we try to assemble the parts this offseason. We could also look at bringing in a vet free agent QB, to take over Ponder next season if they struggles continue. With the players available I would be looking at a) Kawaan Short DT b) Alec Ogletree ILB.

I really like Ponder, and he's found some success for the system you run there. I was at the game this weekend and continue to be stunned by has lack of arm strength. He's mobile, he can create, but he also needs to be able to hit the sidelines on a rope in order to have other options than Rudolph in the red zone, which he can't.

My last mock didn't have you looking QB. I'd say wait for Bray or Manuel, but imagine how dangerous your offense would be with someone who can really sling the ball (oh wait, there was that last guy...). You might as well look at someone before waiting another year for the same result.
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason_Bengal_Fl wrote:
Awful draft for the Bengals.

1. WR is not remotely a first round need for the Bengals. The top 3 are set and we have a decent 2 deep at 2 of 3 spots. Milliner or Barr.

2. We are also set with our starting and backup center. Vaccaro there.

2. I can live with this pick if we don't get Barr in 1.

3. A little early for a backup MLB. Carradine there.

4. Free safety is not a need, and with the change to Vaccaro in 2, give us Kenjon Barner there.

5. Ok.

6. Ok

6. No preference here. BPA.

While I agree with jason here, imagine the possibilities with Allen on one side opposite AJ Green, with sanu and Hawkins in the slot and Jones spelling them. But we have to be that deep since nowhere in this draft can I find a RB, which we need.

Last edited by INbengalfan on Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:34 am; edited 1 time in total
The Gnat

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
No way the Vikings take a QB in round two, especially with Alec Ogletree and Kawann Short sitting there.

Yup, that one pick made the Vikings draft hilariously bad.

dulatows

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Gnat wrote:
rpmwr19 wrote:
No way the Vikings take a QB in round two, especially with Alec Ogletree and Kawann Short sitting there.

Yup, that one pick made the Vikings draft hilariously bad.

Agreed, I'd like to give you a QB later in the draft instead. With the same tier qb talent available in round 2 this year as round 1, Spielman should consider it. Again, I really like Ponder, but if I need to stretch the field, he's not my guy. Play action doesn't work well either if you can't consistently hit a 20 yd back shoulder pass to the sideline.

Does it match your desired sequence? No. In fact, I'm beginning to think Milliner may be the pick over Patterson, who will be a stud. Heck, you might even get Banks. Either way, there's no use in playing it conservative in the draft with so much at stake, even if Ponder has been "pretty good".
Mastercheddaar

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:13 pm    Post subject: hmmm Reply with quote

This version is better for Cleveland. Although I would target a O-lineman instead of a RB in the 5th was it? Wagner, Pocic, Nixon are all in that area and would be great to add depth to the oline.

that is all

mastercheddaar
Baseball - Indians/Yankees.
CF - Ohio State and Wake Forest
Women - Brunettes with Blue eyes.
Nobody

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 1st and 3rd rounders are amazing! Do not change them!

The 4th rounder is decent, I don't know much about him except he's about 6'0-6'1 and is pretty fast. What else can anyone tell me about him?

We really only need a future #1 and maybe a #2 if TY doesnt fit the bill and we don't resign Avery at WR now. TY has one spot locked down for the next decade (hopefully Laughing) and Reggie is our #1 now, it really depends on if we sign one of the big name WRs in free agency with all the cash we have. If we let Avery walk I wouldn't mind it.
I'd prefer William Gholston there, but Vernon isn't a bad pick.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Raiders will not spend a 1st round pick on an OT. We have Veldheer at LT and if we do draft an OT, it will be in a later round.

We really need to upgrade the defense in the offseason, and it starts with the draft. Give the Raiders the best Defensive lineman available at the spot their in (I like Damontre Moore).

(NFL)=Raiders, (MLB)=A's, (NBA)= Warriors
PSN: KDubBallin
adam9

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure about ATL getting a WR in round 2, but I guess is be fine with it.

After that give ATL:
Josh Boyd in 5
Kevin Reddick in 6
Will Davis in 7

Pretty good though. Would make our offense that much better to pick up Austin and Taylor Cool

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your draft board is whack, that's all I can say.

Where do I even begin? Jawan Jamison in the 5th? Kevin Minter in the 4th? ...what?

@BodamEscapePlan (Twitter)
dulatows

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaisinBran wrote:
The Raiders will not spend a 1st round pick on an OT. We have Veldheer at LT and if we do draft an OT, it will be in a later round.

We really need to upgrade the defense in the offseason, and it starts with the draft. Give the Raiders the best Defensive lineman available at the spot their in (I like Damontre Moore).

Of course. I've watched much of your season and the writing is on the wall. What's not to like about Moore. Unfortunately he's gone by the time the Raiders get called. So you either roll with Jarvis and his stenosis, or with Bjoern Werner, who is a larger pass rusher similar to Shaunessey (size wise). I think the Raiders are looking for a pass rusher in the 260 lb range that's quicker off the ball. You could also reach for Ansah or grab a depth DT.

Your Raider fan colleague commented on not wanting Te'o that early, who I had the Raider's taking in the my first version; it's hard to put a price on replacing McClain (or putting him at SAM) and gaining a defensive captain all at once.
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I saw the Jake Long trade in your first mock, I thought it was just a joke. Seeing it again makes me think it's serious.

And for that, I've got nothing positive to say.
NIKEJWN

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillsGuy82 wrote:
Our tune is changing a bit in Buffalo.. I like Chase Thomas in 2nd, butnot Williams in 3rd, Da'Rick Rogers in 3rd would be great than Hodges..

Wilson
Thomas
Rogers
Hodges

Works great !!

I completely agree here. While LB is a huge need its not to the point where we spend three picks on that position. I like the switch Billsguy made there. Give us Rogers in rd 3 and this draft would get a A from me.

Max's 2010 Annual Draft Contest Winner

Adopt a Bill 2011- SS George Wilson
CB Drayton Florence

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: