Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Offseason V.3
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rich7sena

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:38 am    Post subject: 2013 Offseason V.3 Reply with quote

2013 Offseason
powered by FF prospect rankings

2013 Free Agents

Quarterbacks
Joe Flacco resigns with Baltimore Ravens
-Even with Flacco's struggles of late, there shouldn't be any reason that the two sides can't come together on an extension.

Matt Moore signs with New York Jets
-Considering Sanchez's struggles and the lack of any viable competition at the position, I believe Moore would be able to step in and win the job. He's had success under the coordination of Sparano before and he should be comfortable within the offense.

Jason Campbell signs with Arizona Cardinals
-Despite what he showed against the 49ers, Campbell is a decent starter and a quality backup in the NFL. His best bet to play next is is to find his way onto a team that will give him a chance to compete for the starting job. I project the Cardinals will bring in at least a couple vetaran starters to start the year.

Alex Smith traded from Sand Francisco 49ers to Kansas City Chiefs
-Pioli made a bad call with Cassell. Smith is an accurate passer that can manage an offense like Cassell, but make less mistakes. I'm thinking a 3rd round selection would be in play here.

Michael Vick released by Philadelphia Eagles
Michael Vick signs with Arizona Cardinals
-It's looking more and more apparent that Michael Vick will not return next year as an Eagle. There will be a number of places vying for his attention but I believe the Cardinals are the best fit. Wisenhunt will want to bring in a capable veteran quarterback that will give his team the best chance to win the short term.

Runningbacks
Reggie Bush resigns with Miami Dolphins (franchise tag)
-I think the Dolphins retain Bush as he has been the best skill player on the team on offense all year.

Rashard Mendenhall resigns with Pittsburgh Steelers
-On the surface, this doesn't make a whole lot of sense but Pittsburgh has a very good relationship with Mendenhall. I think he signs a 1 year tender and goes into next year as the unquestioned starter.

Stephen Jackson resigns with St. Louis Rams
-I write this projected resigning with among the most trepidation among this free agent class. Jackson has come on strong this season and it seems like he's either campaigning for his return to the Rams, or for another team. Either way, I believe that Jackson has a strong relationship with St. Louis and will favor the home teams's bid.

Peyton Hillis signs with Dallas Cowboys
-The Cowboys do not have a capable runningback to play behind Demarco Murray (especially if Felix does not return) and Hillis adds the element of a short yardage back who can be a serviceable receiver as well.

Felix Jones signs with Kansas City Chiefs
-Felix Jones will have worn out his welcome be the time free agency comes net year. The Chiefs have always had a runningback capable of being effective in select carries behind Jamaal Charles; Jones can fill that role.

Shonn Greene resigns with New York Jets
-Greene has actually had a surprisingly average season. He has been able to find the endzone when asked and taken advantage of teams with weak run defenses. He won't be asking much and the Jets should be able to get good value out of him in 2013.

Receivers
Greg Jennings resigns with Green Bay Packers (franchise tag)
-Ted Thompson isn't a fan of the franchise tag, but if he used it last year with Finley, I don't doubt that he'll use it on Jennings. I also believe that Jennings will want to come back to Green Bay for at least one more year.

Victor Cruz resigns with New York Giants
-I don’t believe this will surprise anyone. Cruz has ignited the Giants offense since the beginning of last year and I don’t expect the Giants to even entertain the idea of letting him walk.

Mike Wallace signs with Indianapolis Colts
-With Collie and Avery being free agents in 2013, Bruce Arians calling plays, and a boat load of cash to spend, I think this is the most logical landing spot for Wallace. There is also the history of the Steelers not paying more than their willing for their productive #1 receivers.

Dwayne Bowe signs with Miami Dolphins
-If Scott Pioli is still calling the shots in Kansas City, then I doubt Bowe is still in a Chief uniform come 2013. He’ll likely go to a place where he can be productive, search of a viable #1, and in the southeast. Miami fits all of those criteria and Bowe fits into the offense well.

Wes Welker signs with Kansas City Chiefs
-It’s hard to project how the Welker/Patriots relationship is going this year, but it certainly isn’t as rosy as it’s been in the past. I have to believe that Brady will campaign for Welker to return to the Patriots, but we all know that decision is up to Bill Belichick. If he doesn’t return, The Chiefs make sense for a lot of obvious reasons. I think Pioli will dip his hand in the Patriot pool of coaching talent (likely on offense) to lead the way in Kansas City. Welker would be able to reprise his role as slot machine.

Danny Amendola resigns with St. Louis Rams
-While injuries have hurt his production over the past couple of years, if the Rams plan on sticking with Bradford, they’ll want to keep his favorite target. There is no indication that either won’t happen.

Tight Ends
Fred Davis resigns with Washington Redskins
-Robert Griffin III was able to utilize Fred Davis effectively within the 20s when he was healthy. He shouldn’t ask too much and he’ll help perpetuate this productive offense.

Jared Cook signs with Miami Dolphins
-I think Cook has had it in Tennessee. Miami is an offense that will utilize the tight end position and Cook is amongst the more talented receiving tight ends in the league.

Dustin Keller resigns with New York Jets
-Keller has had a hard time staying healthy this year but when he has played, he’s been a significant upgrade over his replacements. As long as Rex Ryan returns (which I think he will) I believe that Keller will as well.

Tony Gonzalez retires
-Gonzalez has stated that this is his last year. It might be hard to believe if the Falcons fall short yet again, but I’ll have to take him at his word.

Heath Miller resigns with Pittsburgh Steelers
-Miller is having among the more productive seasons at tight end this year. He is Big Ben’s favorite target in the red zone and has cashed in more often than not.

Offensive Lineman
Jake Long signs with San Diego Chargers
-Jake Long's late season injury isn't going to improve his chances to return to Miami. I think Miami, ultimately, will use the potential Jake Long contract to sure up other areas of the team. San Diego needs to spend money this offseason to improve their offensive line. There will be a ton of competition in signing Long's services, but I believe the Chargers are the likeliest among his bidders to land the Pro Bowl left tackle.

Jermaine Bushrod resigns with New Orleans Saints (franchise tag)
-Last offseason, the team chose to resign Colston and let Nicks walk. While Nicks was the best lineman the team had, Bushrod is the most important. It will be tough for both sides to determine what the contract should be. I think the team will end up using the tag to prolong the process a bit with Jermaine.

Ryan Clady resigns with Denver Broncos
-Clady is in a similar situation as Long except his quarterback is a 15 year veteran and a likely first ballot Hall of Famer. Okay, not so similar.

Branden Albert resigns with Kansas City Chiefs
-The Chiefs need to retain players that will be core to their success heading forward. Albert has been one of a few positive on an abysmal offense.

Sebastian Vollmer resigns with New England Patriots
-The Patriots will save some money by not resigning Welker. Vollmer is arguably the best player on the Patriot offensive line protecting the best player, period, on the Patriots.

Brandon Moore signs with Chicago Bears
-Moore has been a part of a much-maligned Jets offensive line. He won’t be able to demand much in free agency so there is value in his employment. The Bears could use all the help and depth they could get, and Moore offers some veteran talent on the worst front in the NFL.
Andy Levitre resigns with Buffalo Bills
-The Bills are going to want to continue to control the interior of the line of scrimmage and resigning Levitre will be key to that.

Andre Smith resigns with Cincinnati Bengals
-The Bengals will have plenty of money to spend this offseason and much of it, I suspect, will be used on their own players. Smith has been among the better right tackles in the league and he’s due for a nice payday from the home team.

Sam Baker signs with Arizona Cardinals
-I think even Atlanta fans will have a hard time seeing Baker return. He’ll more than likely want to have a role where he’d be the unquestioned veteran starter. There’d be no place where he could achieve that than in Arizona.

Defensive Lineman
Dwight Freeney signs with New Orleans Saints
-With the dwindling amount of teams that run a traditional 4-3, Freeney’s value may be higher than in the past. He’ll likely want to play for a contender and for a familiar face. Sean Peyton’s productive stint in Indianapolis and New Orlean’s need for a productive pass rusher will draw Freeney’s attention.

Henry Melton resigns with Chicago Bears
-When a team has a productive, young, interior lineman dangling out in free agency, they typically snag him up quick like. I suspect the Bears will do the same with Henry Melton.

Cliff Avril signs with Cleveland Browns
-If Avril makes it to double digit sacks (which he likely will this year), it will make it another difficult offseason for the Lions. I expect he will cash in to the highest bidder whole is still willing to spend on a pass rusher that sticks his hands in the ground. I think the Browns will jump at the opportunity to spend on a young, talented, pass rusher.

Terrence Knighton resigns with Jacksonville Jaguars
-In a similar case as mentioned above with Melton, the Jaguars won’t let a young interior defensive lineman get away. Especially when a team like the Texans sets the standard in the division.

Randy Starks signs with Dallas Cowboys
-The Cowboys will need to make an effort to improve their interior lineman on defense. Starks will be tough for the Dolphins to retain if they’re able to land one of the top receiver free agents. I think Dallas will make a play for this talented interior run stopper.

Osi Umenyiora signs with Tampa Bay Buccaneers
-The relationship between Umenyiora and the Giants has been tumultuous at best. I think they finally (and inevitably) part ways and Umenyiora lands in Tampa as a veteran presence on a resurgent team.

Michael Johnson resigns with Cincinnati Bengals
-Like the resigning of Smith, the Bengals will be on a mission to retain their own players. Michael Johnson is a rare talent that the Bengals would not want to let walk.

Glenn Dorsey signs with New Orleans Saints
-It’s hard to tell what Dorsey will want to do, but I suspect that the Chiefs will at least let him shop his value around. He fits the Saints scheme well and they have a glaring need for him. There is also that LSU/Saints tie that shouldn’t be ignored.

Alan Branch signs with Carolina Panthers
-While Branch hasn’t been as productive as in years past, he is still relatively young and has the rare size that defensive coordinators covet as his position. He will come at a relative bargain and will help bolster the Panther defensive front.

Jason Jones resigns with Seattle Seahawks
-While Jones hasn’t produced like the Seahawks would have hoped, he has shown flashes when healthy. I believe the Seahawks will be able to bring Jones back for a long-term deal at the right price.

Isreal Idonije signs with Oakland Raiders
-With the Bears probably resigning Melton, it would seem that Idonije wouldn’t be on the priority list for resigning. You know what they say, if you don’t choose me, you lose me. I expect with the Raiders to park ways with at least one of their two starting defensive tackles and Idonije wouldn’t have a hard time finding a place in the starting lineup.

Linebackers
Brian Urlacher resigns with Chicago Bears (franchise tag)
-I think this is as sure as the Flacco and Cruz resignings. Urlacher is the heart and soul of the league’s current #1 scoring defense.

Shaun Phillips resigns with San Diego (franchise tag)
-The Chargers know as good as anyone how consistent Phillips has been throughout his career. Teams would love to have a player who consistently pressures the passer. I think there will be some disagreement on what his value is, so the tag will be used.

Anthony Spencer signs with Miami Dolphins
-Spencer has been able to live up to his franchise tag. He’s been pretty productive in stopping the run and rushing the passer and is really among the better outside linebackers on the right side. The Miami Dolphins have been longing to pressure the quarterback opposite of Cameron Wake and Spencer fills that void.

Manny Lawson signs with Indianapolis Colts
-Among the notable Bengal free agents, I would suspect that Lawson would be the toughest to retain. He has been a good fit for the Bengal scheme but there will be teams willing to spend for his services. Unfortunately for the Bengals, the Colts will be in the market for a pass rushing linebacker and will have beeper pockets than the Bengals in 2013.

Connor Barwin resigns with Houston Texans (franchise tag)
-There is some ambiguity on how good Connor Barwin has been this season. He certainly isn’t as productive on the stat sheet as he was before but I believe it may have to do with the defense’s overall lack of production since the injury to Brian Cushing. The Texans will want to bring him back to either a short-term deal or franchise tender.

Daryl Smith signs with Cleveland Browns
-Daryl Smith offers any team that selects him with a still productive veteran presence in their front seven. The Browns will have some shopping money next year and Smith would be a good place to start.

Rey Maualuga resigns with Cincinnati Bengals
-As stated before, the Bengals would love to bring back their best young players. Maualuga has been a very good player for the team and the Bengals shouldn’t hesitate to re-up the young linebacker.

Defensive Backs

CB
Brent Grimes signs with Philadelphia Eagles
-Brent Grimes will find himself in a similar situation that Terrell Thomas of the Giants did last year. I think the Falcons are more content with their corner depth than the Giants were and I think they let Grimes walk. The Eagles will need to add at least one new starter to their secondary and Grimes is a Philadelphia native.

Tracy Porter resigns with Denver Broncos
-Porter has played very well for the Broncos and I believe they will sign him to a longer deal. Porter has earned his stripes opposite venerable Champ Bailey.

Sean Smith resigns with Miami Dolphins
-With the departure of Vonte Davis last free agency, I think the Dolphins have been bent on signing Smith. He has played very well for the team this year and he will continue to be an anchor against the opposition’s best receiver.

Quentin Jammer signs with Houston Texans
-Although Jammer is a player in the twilight of his career, he is still capable of being a serviceable starter in the NFL. As the end of his career approaches, I don’t doubt he’ll want to join a contender, and what better spot than Houston which is within 50 miles of his hometown.

Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie signs with Indianapolis Colts
-As stated before, the Colts will have money to blow this upcoming offseason. They’ll want to snag at least one new starter in the secondary. Rodgers-Cromartie has been a disappointment in Philadelphia but the Colts are looking for a defensive playmaker that can rectify the league’s worst defense when it comes to takeaways. Hopefully, Rodgers-Cromartie will be able to display some of that playmaking ability he showed in Arizona

Derek Cox resigns with Jacksonville Jaguars
-I think this resigning comes more from other teams not valuing Cox as much as the Jaguars do. He is a respectable starting corner with the veteran savvy to still be a good player. The Jaguars can’t afford to lose players on a team that will finish well below .500 yet again.

Aqib Talib resigns with New England Patriots
-The Patriots didn’t acquire Talib to let him go at season’s end. He adds a dynamic the defense hasn’t seen since Asante Samuel.

S
Ed Reed resigns with Baltimore Ravens
-I think the consensus train of thought is that Reed will return. I think both sides will come to an agreement early in the offseason net year and Ravens fans can rest easy.

William Moore resigns with Atlanta Falcons
-The Atlanta secondary has shown a depth of talent across the board that hasn’t been apparent in years past. I believe the Falcons will re-up with Moore and keep their 2012 season unit together.

Dashon Goldson resigns with San Francisco 49ers
-After signing the franchise tag last year, Goldson has more than proven his worth to the team. The 49ers will want to retain this youthful playmaker at all costs

LaRon Landry resigns with New York Jets
-Landry has been what the Jets expected this year. He has been a solid addition to a pretty good secondary. He should be even better next year with the return of Derrelle Revis and one more year of a clean bill of health under his belt.

Jairus Byrd resigns with Buffalo Bills (franchise tag)
-I believe the Bills will tag Byrd much like the 49ers tagged Goldson. Because of his production this year, they’ll want to resign him to a lower cost long term deal if he doesn’t produce as well next year.

Louis Delmas resigns with Detroit Lions (franchise tag)
-Even with his injuries, Delmas has been the best player in the Lion's secondary and, arguably, the entire defense. The Lions will want to retain him and build the secondary around his veteran leadership.

2013 NFL Draft

1st round

1) Kansas City Chiefs select Star Lutolelei, DL, Utah
-I believe if the Chiefs are able to acquire a capable starting in free agency, they will take the best player available come draft time. At this point, Star Lutolelei projects as just that.

2) Jacksonville Jaguars select Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia
-There is a strong possibility that the Jaguars will cut ties with Gene Smith and thus, cut any obligations with Blaine Gabbert. Both Mularky and the new G.M. will want to hitch their wagons to a fresh young face behind center.

3) Oakland Raiders select Damontre Moore, DL, Texas A&M
-If it were a matter of just talent, I don't doubt that Dennis Allen would fall in love with Georgia's Jarvis Jones. Unfortunately, Jones's stock drops because of his spinal stenosis and is too risky a pick at #3 overall. Damontre Moore, though, fits more into what the Raiders are trying to do on defense and is a talented force to be reckoned with.

4) Philadelphia Eagles select Luke Joeckel, OL, Texas A&M
-The Eagles haven’t been able to protect their quarterback the past two years. Even if Jason Peters comes back full strength, Joeckel will be needed to improve the trenches.

5) Carolina Panthers select Jonathan Hankins, DL, Ohio State
-The Panthers can go in a number of different directions with this pick. I suspect that even with some activity in free agency to improve their defensive line, they'll want to draft a young stud defensive tackle to solidify an interior line that will need to deal with Doug Martin twice a year for the next decade.

6) San Diego Chargers select Jarvis Jones, LB, Georgia
-Even with a talented corner like DeMarcus Milliner on the board, the Chargers will have an opportunity to take perhaps the best prospect in the draft. Jones's versatility will fit whatever scheme the next coach in Sand Diego implements.

7) Cleveland Browns select Manti Te’o, LB, Notre Dame
-Te'o, to some, is viewed as being the best middle linebacker prospect since Patrick Willis. The impact that Te'o has shown he can make on the field this year at Notre Dame is indicative of what he could bring to a team at the next level. The Browns have a need at middle, and Te'o would be just what the doctor ordered.

Cool Tennessee Titans select DeMarcus Milliner, DB, Alabama
-Milliner has separated himself as the best cornerback prospect in this draft. The Titans have among the worst pass defenses in the NFL and DeMarcus should be able to make some contributions to the secondary right away.

9) Arizona Cardinals select Jake Matthews, OL, Texas A&M
-Depending which tackle emerges as the next best prospect behind Joeckel, I believe the Cardinals need to address the offensive line in this draft. Matthews and Lewan will be in play whenever the Cardinals pick next year.

10) Detroit Lions select Bjoern Werner, DL, Florida State
-I don't anticipate that Avril will be back for the Lions and even if he does return, the team needs to produce a better pass rush. Werner is a guy with a high motor and he would be an immediate impact with his relentless attitude.

11) Buffalo Bills select Tyler Wilson, QB, Arkansas
-The Bills have expressed interest in drafting a "franchise" quarterback next year. Wilson has all the tools that NFL executives looks for in a franchise signal caller.

12) New Orleans Saints select Barkevious Mingo, DL, Louisiana State
-Some consider Mingo a top 10 prospect. New Orleans would jump at the opportunity to draft one of the premier pass rushers in a draft litered with them.

13) Miami Dolphins select Sheldon Richardson, DL, Missouri
-I don't have Randy Starks returning to the Dolphins so they will need to address that. Richardson is certainly a top 15 prospect and his potential is among the best in this draft.

14) New York Jets select Dion Jordan, DL/LB, Oregon
-Despite having a formidable defense for the majority of Rex Ryans tenure at head coach, the team hasn't had a young premier pass rusher. Jordon has the potential to be a great pass rusher at the next level and Ryan (if he returns) will give him opportunities to succeed.

15) St. Louis Rams select Taylor Lewan, OL, Michigan
-The Rams will need to address certain things on offense and offensive tackle will be at the top of that list. Lewan is a solid choice and should be a day one start for the Rams.

16) Tampa Bay Buccaneers select Jonathan Banks, DB, Mississippi State
-Tampa Bay will need to address their secondary after the departure of Aqib Talib. Banks should go into the draft as the second best corner in the first round and he'll help one of the league's worst pass defenses.

17) St. Louis Rams (f/WAS) select Barret Jones, OL, Alabama
-The Rams need versatile offensive lineman. Jones is capable of playing anywhere on the interior line and be an impact player day one.

1Cool Dallas Cowboys select Chance Warmack, OL, Alabama
-Warmack may be the best pure guard in this draft. He is an impact blocker in the run game and stifles pass rushers up the middle in the pass.

19) Minnesota Vikings select Keenan Allen, WR, California
-The Viking's offense is among the most stagnant with the absence of Percy Harvin. The Vikings will need to find themselves a legitimate number one receiver through this draft and Allen is exactly that.

20) Cincinnati Bengals select Sam Montgomery, DL/LB, Louisiana State
-Montgomery, to some, is a top 15 talent. The Bengals would jump at the opportunity to select a talented pass rushing linebacker at 20.

21) Pittsburgh Steelers select Alec Ogletree, LB, Georgia
-The Steelers missed out on drafting Dont'a Hightower in last year's draft. Ogletree is of Hightower's ilk and perhaps an even more capable playmaker for the Steeler's defense.

22) Seattle Seahawks select Tavon Austin, WR, West Virginia
-Pete Carroll covets players whom he can draft and can make an immediate impact. Austin can immediately find himself a place in the offense already established with productive players.

23) New York Giants select Xavier Rhodes, DB, Florida State
-The Giants's corners have not lived up to the expectations they set for themselves last year. Hosley and Amukamara aren't developing as fast as the team has hoped and veterans like Webster aren't playing up to their high standards. Rhodes is a big, physical corner who will be a capable player in among the teams current starters.

24) Indianapolis Colts select Dallas Thomas, OL, Tennessee
-Like Jones, Thomas is a versatile offensive lineman. The Colts have a lot of needs along the line and Thomas is able to play both the tackle and guard in the NFL.

25) Chicago Bears select Eric Fisher, OL, Central Michigan
-It's no secret that the Bears need offensive line help. Fisher is a consistent prospect that will be able to sure up the ailing Chicago trenches.

26) Green Bay Packers select Joseph Randle, RB, Oklahoma State
-The Packers have been force feeding their runningback by committee all year with little success. Randle has shown he can produce at the college level year in and year out. The Packers would love to add an explosive runner in Randle they haven't seen since Ahman Green.

27) Denver Broncos select Kewaan Short, DL, Purdue
-The Broncos defense has been exceptional this year and though there are other needs in the secondary, Short comes at high value here. He'll be able to fit into the Bronco tackle rotation and be brought along by and already imposing front seven.

2Cool Baltimore Ravens select Justin Hunter, WR, Tennessee
-Boldin hasn't been his old self for a couple of years now. Hunter is an explosive perimeter receiver that will be able to step right in and make plays immediately

29) San Francisco 49ers select Chase Thomas, LB/DL, Stanford
-A reunion by the Bay. The only people who know Chase Thomas’s talent better than Jim Harbaugh are Pac12 quarterbacks.

30) New England Patriots select Alex Okafor, DL/LB, Texas
-The Patriots found gold with their selection of Chandler Jones last year. Okafor is a bit more of a refined football player and he will add to the pressure cooker that is the Patriot fron seven.

31) Atlanta Falcons select Tyler Eifert, TE, Notre Dame
-I expect Gonzalez to retire next year and the Falcons will want to replace his services with the clear top tight end in the draft. Eifert is big and moves well for his size. The way he high points the ball is reminiscent of the Hall of Fame player he would replace.

32) Houston Texans select Terrance Williams, WR, Baylor
-Andre Johnson has had a resurgent year after being hurt the majority of last year. He, though, is already into his 30s and another soft tissue injury may just be around the corner. Williams may be the most talented of the Baylor receivers going into the NFL the past two years.

Last edited by Rich7sena on Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:15 am; edited 1 time in total
DaMike

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Bears pick but why would we franchise Tag Urlacher? I don't know if I'd want him back for $1 mil let alone what the franchise tag price is.
bulger2holt

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think Fisher has ever taken an OL in rd 1, and now he's taking 2? I love both picks, doubt he does that. I wouldn't mind Keenan Allen with one of those picks.
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a fan of the eagles offseason or picks. We will cut all of the dream team dead weight so we will have like 50 million to spend.

I don't see any reason in the world we waste our highest pick in over a decade on a left tackle we don't need.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Small d = pastry
theindianstud12

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Bears pick but I doubt Urlacher comes back
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Accurate looking offseason for the bengals. I'd be torn at choosing Montgomery over Ogletree or Mosley at that spot though
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
Accurate looking offseason for the bengals. I'd be torn at choosing Montgomery over Ogletree or Mosley at that spot though

Me too. I think I like Mosley but am not mad either way

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
The Gnat

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Vikings pick, probably would see one of the listed FA go to the Vikings (just glad you didn't give us Vick though) as they are going to be under the cap by a little ways.

pigsooie5

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The offseason is pretty off-base for Chicago... The chance of Brandon Moore being the only FA signed given the amount of $ available makes no sense to me. Then the fact that we spend nothing in FA, yet we can't resign our role players??? And Urlacher getting the franchise tag has the same likelihood as Andy Reid staying inPhiladelphia... It simply will not happen. He's not even worth a third of the franchise tag money at this point... Only thing I like is Eric Fisher IN the 1st.

BEARS------BULLS------DODGERS------KINGS
Adopt-A-Bear: Kyle Long, Guard
ninjaneer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple things regarding Dallas. Hillis makes sense. He wont be expensive. Letting Spencer walk with no one behind him to fill the void doesnt make any sense. If they plan on letting him walk, they better be able to grab Connor Barwin or draft an OLB in the first round. Although an interior lineman on the defensive side would be nice, it is a luxury at this point as Ratliff's contract prohibits more money being dumped there. (this year)...i love Warmack in the first round, but not if Spencer walks and no one is signed to replace him...
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We do nothing to set up the future at Center, yet reach for a running back in the 1st round? No thanks. Our line is a mess right now, even the NFL's elite RB's would look like hot garbage behind our run blocking. We need to get Bulaga and Sherrod healthy and draft a Center and our running game will look way better.

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:59 pm    Post subject: Re: 2012 Offseason V.3 Reply with quote

Rich7sena wrote:
Cool Tennessee Titans select DeMarcus Milliner, DB, Alabama
-Milliner has separated himself as the best cornerback prospect in this draft. The Titans have among the worst pass defenses in the NFL and DeMarcus should be able to make some contributions to the secondary right away.

How surprising, Tennessee doesn't sign anybody in the offseason Rolling Eyes As far as the pass-defense, the CB's are not the problem. The safeties and pass-rush are. None of the safeties are really worth a top 10 pick, so the pick should go among the D-Line. The starting DE's for the Titans arn't great but their improving every week. The depth behind them is absolutely horrible though. The Titans need a DT to pair with Jurrell Casey. Louis Nix or Sheldon Richardson should be the pick.
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
Not a fan of the eagles offseason or picks. We will cut all of the dream team dead weight so we will have like 50 million to spend.

I don't see any reason in the world we waste our highest pick in over a decade on a left tackle we don't need.

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
Nobody

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those FA signings are so good I will overlook reaching for Dallas Thomas.
I mean, they are really good

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can under stand the Jason Campbell signing as Arizona will need a Vet back up to it rookie QB.

Whisenhunt will be fired at the end of the year and Michael Vick will not even get a sniff from Arizona. Bigger injury problem then Kolb and a turnover machine. not going to happen.

Sam Baker is a decent back up but not going to start in Arizona.

From my understanding is that Jake Matthews wants to stay in school and play LT for one year. Not sure they even go after a tackle if they sign Sam Baker even if I think he a back up. And if Whisenhunt is still the coach like you say he will then its very unlikely he the pick.

That right I won. Thank you NS922 for the Sig.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: