Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

James Carpenter done for the year
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sacks98

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SwiftTexan wrote:
schulman116 wrote:
SwiftTexan wrote:
Sacks98 wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
but if he keeps staying hurt he will be a bust

Depends on the person i don't consider a player that is playing good but injury prone a bust just my opinion though.

Ki-Jana Carter - 1
Courtney Brown - 1
Curtis Enis - 5
Sylvester Morris - 21
Yatil Green - 15
Chris Perry - 26
Andre Wadsworth - 3
Andy Katzenmoyer - 28
Todd Blackledge - 7
Kenneth Sims - 1

And finally...
Steve Emtman - 1

Some times injuries can influence the perception of being a bust or not. You can debate the merits of whether or not these guys were busts or maybe there were other mitigating factors but all of them suffered because of injuries and I consider them all to be busts with the possible exception of Chris Perry who I liked a whole lot.

^ First of all, most of those were top 10 picks. If not mistaken, James was selected like 25th overall. Give the guy time, he was sensational at Alabama paving the way for a national championship team & for Mark Ingram to win the Heisman trophy. He's a good kid/teammate. He's very tough and played through a lot of nagging injuries with the Tide. Guys!!!! he's been in the league for less than 2 years!!...and he already has shown starting potential. Thats not a bust. If he is on IR for most of the next 3 seasons, then yes he can be considered an injury bust....but until then there's no justification to say that about James. He's got a good work ethic and will come back even stronger.

I updated the list above with their respective draft positions. There's a few that were in Carpenter's range. I wasn't saying that Carpenter IS a bust - I was just posting a rebutal to the previous poster who said that a player should not be considered a bust due to injury. I just came up with a quick list of players who busted out of the NFL where injuries were a contributing factor. Carpenter is still young and has time to prove himself and prove that he's not injury prone. Many were arguing that Stafford was a bust when he couldnt' stay healthy early in his career but now he's got 2 injury-free seasons under his belt and is looking like a great pick.

I'm a huge fan of Carpenter - I think he's got a lot of potential in this league and as a Seahawks fan I hope he can get healthy to reach that potential. He's a big road-grader type blocker that fits really well with what they want to do.

Doesn't mean they can't play though just means they can't stay on the field due to injury.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: